Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

First game advice

ropotnik
School: Penn State

First game advice

Unread post by ropotnik » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:02 pm

My wife and I moved to NC recently and are attending our first ASU game this upcoming weekend vs Campbell. We've heard and have been reading up on the history of ASU football and are very excited. Early in the day, the plan is to go to Blowing Rock for a little bit of outlet shopping, find a place to watch the Akron vs Penn State game at noon and then check out the ASU campus and atmosphere before the game.

Any recommendations on hassle-free parking? Should we buy a pass in advance? We'd like to get there early enough to check out any must-do or see things on or around campus so any recommendations would be awesome.

Thanks

RankinApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: First game advice

Unread post by RankinApp » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:27 pm

Park for free in the Watauga County Social Services lot. Shuttle buses run from the lot to the Broyhill Music Center. From there, the campus and downtown is your oyster. :D

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:00 am

Welcome, We are so very glad to have you. Please stop by space 33 in the music lot. I am not sure yet of the menu but we would love to meet you and discuss our beloved alma mater.

App74

Unread post by App74 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:17 am

As you walk toward the stadium from social services parking, you will pass a large lot on the left (Raley). Across the street on the right is music lot. We're at #7. I invite you to hang out with us.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:00 am

My advice to you is the obvious and that is to get there early to soak in the atmosphere. Be prepared for a lot of walking and none of it is flat. This is a night game so file this one away for a return trip to The Rock. When checking the game time temperature, be mindful of where your seats are. Seats on the west side are generally 5 to 10 degrees cooler than the field and seats on the east side are about 10 degrees warmer than the feild.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:27 am

Welcome! For your noon Akron vs Penn State game watching, I recommend The Rock Sports Bar & Grill (link below). Plenty of football games on there and they will find any game that is available if you ask. I think they have about 40 TVs. Very friendly staff. Great atmosphere and the beer selection is great. We love the hot wings there, especially their "Kenny" wings, and the loaded pub chips are awesome. Pregame = If you are near the Rivers Street Parking Deck, come on up, elevators are on teh east side of the deck. We have tailgating on the top and mid levels and always have a great time. Go APPS!

http://www.therocksportsbar.com/
Give Em Hell!!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:39 am

Welcome! The Watauga Social Services lot is your best bet for free parking. There is pay parking at places like First Baptist Church (downtown on King St) and several other places you'll see around town if you get to Boone early enough. If you enjoy the atmosphere and want to join the family for a full season, you can get a parking pass by joining the Yosef Club ($250 or higher) and buying either season or half-season tickets.

I'll add another tailgate invitation to App74's. We're in the Stadium Lot on the row closest to the stadium right across from Owens field house. We're in spot #76.

I also recommend getting into the stadium early enough to see the band come in and to enjoy the pre-game festivities.

See you at The Rock!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

ropotnik
School: Penn State

Unread post by ropotnik » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and advice, especially regarding temperature. We're sitting on the east side so that's great info. The Rock Sports Bar sounds perfect for lunch and we plan to try and make a tailgate on the way to the The Rock - early enough to catch the pre-game show.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”