Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State @ College Football Hall of Fame

AppStateNation
School: Appalachian State

App State @ College Football Hall of Fame

Unread post by AppStateNation » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Posted this over at AppNation247 but for those of you that don't check there I had a fun trip to the brand new College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta today and I thought I'd share what I saw:

**SPOILER ALERT**
If you plan to visit it and want the scavenger hunt fun of looking for this stuff yourself read no further.

I was expecting to see a helmet and maybe if I was lucky a clip of "the kick is blocked!" somewhere. Boy was I wrong. There was something from Appalachian State in nearly every room. This was assisted by the fact that the entire place is nearly all digital. When you enter the building you sign up with your favorite team. I picked App State obviously and when you walk by a screen it would automatically show App State stuff. On one wall it had every team's helmet including FCS teams. With your id scanned it would highlight and flash a red light by App State's helmet. There is also a digital fan paint thing where App State is a choice for painting your face.

App State's own Dexter Coakley is in the Hall of Fame so he was everywhere. He was in the actual "hall of fame room" (which is digital, see pic). He was listed on the wall under the year he entered the hall of fame. But not only that, he was in the main 10min video in the 5k theater as one of maybe 5 primary narrators. Everytime he spoke it would say "Dexter Coakley - Appalachian State" all over the screen, although you never actually get to see him or at least I didn't catch it.

Then there was the App State - Michigan stuff. The game was featured on the college football timeline video as a landmark game. In a different section there was also a physical picture / description display of the game where they showcased teams that came together for great achievements.

The negatives: The extremely cool ESPN gameday greenscreen thing which lets you be a special guest on gameday and digitally wear a mascot's head does NOT let you pick App State as a choice. (The only Sun Belt team I saw was the hometown Georgia State) There were probably only 25 teams as a choice so App was not the only team left out. Hopefully they add more teams. It was the same case for the fight song karaoke booth, no App State to be found but I think I remember seeing Georgia Southern as a choice I'm not sure. There's also a booth that lets you "call a game" and record it, but only the most famous plays are available as a choice and App State's blocked kick against Michigan was surprisingly not one of them. Also don't expect to see any App stuff in the store on your way out..

The negatives aside, all in all it was a great visit and I recommend it if you happen by the Atlanta area. I recommend going on a weekday when it is not so busy if you have the choice. My girlfriend hates college football and even she had a blast there so there really is something for everyone.

Note: Jerry Moore doesn't get inducted until Dec so obviously he's not showcased yet.

AtlantaMountaineer

Re: App State @ College Football Hall of Fame

Unread post by AtlantaMountaineer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Thanks for the post. Can't wait to go see it but since it just opened thought I would let the crowds die down a little first. Nice pics.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:23 pm

That is great. I plan to go the Friday before we play Georgia State in 2015.

brocktune90

Unread post by brocktune90 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:02 am

I really enjoyed the HOF when it was in South Bend. I was bummed when it was announced that it was moving to Atlanta but I guess if more folks get to see it, then that's what matters.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”