Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

APP To Honor Coach Moore OCT 4th..

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: APP To Honor Coach Moore OCT 4th..

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:10 am

appgrunt71 wrote:I'm not going to chastise a young fella for supporting his coach, even if his comments were off. Let's forget and forgive and move on. We have a lot to look forward to.

Many universities furnish permanent offices to retiring professors. This gesture allows the retiring prof to stay connected with his discipline and the university at large. Why not offer Coach Moore a permanent office in the Athletics Center where he would have the opportunity to continue to influence young athletes and be a tremendous resource to the other active coaches.
His comments were off?????? Did you read them? He insulted players and fans and turned his back on all of us. I' ll forgive him when he asks for forgiveness but I won't forget the comments. I will boo him unless he apologizes. And WVAApp all his accomplishments mean nothing when someone does what Corey did.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:35 pm

roachgone wrote:Whatever. I'm glad all this seems to be over. But this "piss on my head" anology is ridiculous considering the facts. Cobb made mistakes but Jerry has some faults here too. Keep your head in the sand if you want to. Have a wonderful day.
Can I have tickets to your seats for that day since I'm sure you'll be at Ga State? Keep pulling for CC to have his day of honor at App and you can have my tickets then. I'm not saying JM was perfect, but this is about JM being honored and I wish all the people with the left handed complements to JM could just get over it. Be either in or out, but have the gonads to get off the fence. If they can't it's their problem, the rest of App Nation has moved on.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:37 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
appgrunt71 wrote:I'm not going to chastise a young fella for supporting his coach, even if his comments were off. Let's forget and forgive and move on. We have a lot to look forward to.

Many universities furnish permanent offices to retiring professors. This gesture allows the retiring prof to stay connected with his discipline and the university at large. Why not offer Coach Moore a permanent office in the Athletics Center where he would have the opportunity to continue to influence young athletes and be a tremendous resource to the other active coaches.
His comments were off?????? Did you read them? He insulted players and fans and turned his back on all of us. I' ll forgive him when he asks for forgiveness but I won't forget the comments. I will boo him unless he apologizes. And WVAApp all his accomplishments mean nothing when someone does what Corey did.
I don't care what he said I'm just wondering why it has to work it's way into every post. What is the possible reason to bring it into a post about honoring JM? Is the whole team now on your "list". Grow up!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:40 pm

You are telling the wrong person to grow up and a lot of us do care what he said. Just because you have a man crush on Corey Lynch doesn't excuse him. Him showing up without apologizing takes away from the celebration.

roachgone

Unread post by roachgone » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Hey maddog- do you know how to read? I'm not"pulling for CC" I was just trying to let you know the facts of what actually happened so you wouldn't be ignorant . This whole deal was not CC alone. Peacock and all the trustees were in on this. Jerry had made it quite clear he had no desire to move to FBS. If Jerry had had his way we would still be playing Elon and western 20 years from now. He would have coached until he died. Penn State and Fla st. had very similar issues. I am a personal friend of Jerrys so I don't need you telling me about going to Ga St 'cause I love CC so much. I am tickled to death Jerry is being honored . He did soo much for our program. He is a great guy and I wish all this hadn't happened but it did. I'm over all this. I was only trying to inform you of the facts but it is apparent you don't want to know the facts. I'm done with you on this. I will be there on Oct 4th applauding Jerry and Margaret as loud as I can 'cause he deserves the honor. I'm Done!!

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Rekdiver wrote:You are telling the wrong person to grow up and a lot of us do care what he said. Just because you have a man crush on Corey Lynch doesn't excuse him. Him showing up without apologizing takes away from the celebration.
His showing up doesn't have anything to do with the celebration but in your mind (and maybe five or ten people here). Hate him, not hate him I don't care but can we pin up a perm topic so every 30 min's or so you can trash him and we don't have to have it in every other topic.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:41 pm

roachgone wrote:Hey maddog- do you know how to read? I'm not"pulling for CC" I was just trying to let you know the facts of what actually happened so you wouldn't be ignorant . This whole deal was not CC alone. Peacock and all the trustees were in on this. Jerry had made it quite clear he had no desire to move to FBS. If Jerry had had his way we would still be playing Elon and western 20 years from now. He would have coached until he died. Penn State and Fla st. had very similar issues. I am a personal friend of Jerrys so I don't need you telling me about going to Ga St 'cause I love CC so much. I am tickled to death Jerry is being honored . He did soo much for our program. He is a great guy and I wish all this hadn't happened but it did. I'm over all this. I was only trying to inform you of the facts but it is apparent you don't want to know the facts. I'm done with you on this. I will be there on Oct 4th applauding Jerry and Margaret as loud as I can 'cause he deserves the honor. I'm Done!!
I figure I know as much about it as you, however I didn't call you ignorant. Great personal friend however. I know you have his best interest at heart. Next time you and JM get together send me an invite.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:11 am

Maddog1956 wrote:
roachgone wrote:Hey maddog- do you know how to read? I'm not"pulling for CC" I was just trying to let you know the facts of what actually happened so you wouldn't be ignorant . This whole deal was not CC alone. Peacock and all the trustees were in on this. Jerry had made it quite clear he had no desire to move to FBS. If Jerry had had his way we would still be playing Elon and western 20 years from now. He would have coached until he died. Penn State and Fla st. had very similar issues. I am a personal friend of Jerrys so I don't need you telling me about going to Ga St 'cause I love CC so much. I am tickled to death Jerry is being honored . He did soo much for our program. He is a great guy and I wish all this hadn't happened but it did. I'm over all this. I was only trying to inform you of the facts but it is apparent you don't want to know the facts. I'm done with you on this. I will be there on Oct 4th applauding Jerry and Margaret as loud as I can 'cause he deserves the honor. I'm Done!!
I figure I know as much about it as you, however I didn't call you ignorant. Great personal friend however. I know you have his best interest at heart. Next time you and JM get together send me an invite.
Who needs to grow up?

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:56 am

Maddog1956 wrote:
roachgone wrote:Whatever. I'm glad all this seems to be over. But this "piss on my head" anology is ridiculous considering the facts. Cobb made mistakes but Jerry has some faults here too. Keep your head in the sand if you want to. Have a wonderful day.
Can I have tickets to your seats for that day since I'm sure you'll be at Ga State? Keep pulling for CC to have his day of honor at App and you can have my tickets then. I'm not saying JM was perfect, but this is about JM being honored and I wish all the people with the left handed complements to JM could just get over it. Be either in or out, but have the gonads to get off the fence. If they can't it's their problem, the rest of App Nation has moved on.
Really? That's what you got from this post? Really?
Not sure how looking at the facts of what transpired is now In ATL rooting for Ga. St.
Admitting mistakes were made by all parites, Which Roach did, at what point do you take off the blinders and review the facts of the case?

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:19 am

Maddog1956 wrote:
You have no clue as to what you're talking about here.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Rekdiver wrote:

You can boo anyone you choose, but I can think of no circumstance under which I would boo a present, past, or future Mountaineer player.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm taking a different view of this since I work recruiting. I've already said how I felt about Corey's comments. But we will have recruits visiting during this game just like all our home games. Most of them have no idea what Corey said or why many fans are upset. Should he be one of the players they will only hear fans booing a former top player. I would hate for that to be what they take away from App, especially since the rest of the atmosphere for this game should be electric. But that's just my opinion.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:03 pm

firemoose wrote:I'm taking a different view of this since I work recruiting. I've already said how I felt about Corey's comments. But we will have recruits visiting during this game just like all our home games. Most of them have no idea what Corey said or why many fans are upset. Should he be one of the players they will only hear fans booing a former top player. I would hate for that to be what they take away from App, especially since the rest of the atmosphere for this game should be electric. But that's just my opinion.
RP
Google SUX

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:11 pm

I may not BOO him ( Corey) but if i do see him, i have no problem saying what i think about his STUPID comments

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:55 pm

firemoose wrote:I'm taking a different view of this since I work recruiting. I've already said how I felt about Corey's comments. But we will have recruits visiting during this game just like all our home games. Most of them have no idea what Corey said or why many fans are upset. Should he be one of the players they will only hear fans booing a former top player. I would hate for that to be what they take away from App, especially since the rest of the atmosphere for this game should be electric. But that's just my opinion.
Come on Moose - your comments make too much sense - won't fly here :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:03 pm

Fair enough moose. I won't boo. I'll just throw rotten tomatoes....... On wait why waste a rotten tomato? :D

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Fair enough moose. I won't boo. I'll just throw rotten tomatoes....... On wait why waste a rotten tomato? :D
That's it rek - you don't have to clap if you choose not to ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Fair enough moose. I won't boo. I'll just throw rotten tomatoes....... On wait why waste a rotten tomato? :D
No need to boo, he isn't going to show anyway. Remember, he is too embarrassed to ever come back?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:21 am

roachgone wrote:That is exactly what the school tried to do.Offered him $100,000 to basically go around and glad hand alumns ,play golf tournaments and just represent ASU. He ask for one more year to coach instead. That was granted and at the end of that year he renigned on the deal. The AD, Trustees and Peacock were all involved. I love Jerry and he is a friend and I would never boo Corey Lynch but facts are facts and Corey apparently doesn't know them . Very happy all this can finally be put to rest and I hope Jerry will give Scott and the team the support they deserve. I'm glad Jerry is being honored but the only reason it hasn't happened before now is because of Jerry. With Cobb and Peacock I guess he now feels like he can come back. I sure hope so and all this will be over.
"That is exactly what the school tried to do.Offered him $100,000 to basically go around and glad hand alumns ,play golf tournaments and just represent ASU."

As has been stated before, that would have been patronizing him, not rewarding him.
Google SUX

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 am

NewApp wrote:
roachgone wrote:That is exactly what the school tried to do.Offered him $100,000 to basically go around and glad hand alumns ,play golf tournaments and just represent ASU. He ask for one more year to coach instead. That was granted and at the end of that year he renigned on the deal. The AD, Trustees and Peacock were all involved. I love Jerry and he is a friend and I would never boo Corey Lynch but facts are facts and Corey apparently doesn't know them . Very happy all this can finally be put to rest and I hope Jerry will give Scott and the team the support they deserve. I'm glad Jerry is being honored but the only reason it hasn't happened before now is because of Jerry. With Cobb and Peacock I guess he now feels like he can come back. I sure hope so and all this will be over.
"That is exactly what the school tried to do.Offered him $100,000 to basically go around and glad hand alumns ,play golf tournaments and just represent ASU."

As has been stated before, that would have been patronizing him, not rewarding him.
Another factor, Moore would have had to deal with some of the same people who cajoled Cobb into removing him as head coach. Moore isn't stupid. He knows who they are. That idea was never tenable and Cobb knew it. But it played well to some ASU faithful.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”