Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

APP To Honor Coach Moore OCT 4th..

Saint3333

Re: APP To Honor Coach Moore OCT 4th..

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:00 am

When my contract is up I hope I have an option for a six figure salary for three years to play golf with donors, shake hands, and kiss babies.

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:21 am

Saint3333 wrote:When my contract is up I hope I have an option for a six figure salary for three years to play golf with donors, shake hands, and kiss babies.
Some people would sell their souls for six figures, so to speak, and some wouldn't. You can take that comment any way you wish because I know you will. 'Nuff said.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:31 am

In any event Moore gets the last laugh. He is a hall of famer and everyone in the coutry thinks App State fired a hall of fame coach. Corey's crap just reinforced the outside perception. Whatever, lets honor the guy for being a great coach and mentor to thousands of young men as he deserves. Corey is a smart guy he probably already wishes he would have kept his pie hole shut on this matter.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:37 am

I was disappointed in the way Corey made his comments, even though I understand why he did it. If/when Corey comes back to App State I will cheer as loudly for him as I have in the past. We're a welcoming family, even to our relatives that say crazy/absurd things at times!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:56 am

NewApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:When my contract is up I hope I have an option for a six figure salary for three years to play golf with donors, shake hands, and kiss babies.
Some people would sell their souls for six figures, so to speak, and some wouldn't. You can take that comment any way you wish because I know you will. 'Nuff said.

You are just as Passive/Aggressive as JM, take that comment as you wish ;-)

The main POINT is "succession planning" that an ENTITLED coach/employee didn't like, so he acted like an entitled baby (and not very Christian like). Nuff written ;-)

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:20 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

The main POINT is "succession planning" that an ENTITLED coach/employee didn't like, so he acted like an entitled baby (and not very Christian like). Nuff written ;-)
I don't know how anyone could interpret the 3 yr, $300,000 gig that JM was offered as anything but extremely generous and considerate...

...except for the fact that every successful head football coach in history has had an ego. It is part of what makes them successful in the first place.

JM's ego steered him to say "no" to retirement in hopes he could do well enough to keep his job. His ego lost. FSU has the same exact story for Bobby Bowden. It's nothing new.

I say this as a huge JM fan. He should've stepped down after 2012. He didn't. CC should've handled the situation with respect and gratitude for JM. He didn't.

Fast forward - we're going to honor the greatest coach in App State history and it is well over due!

My excitement for October 4th grows every day!
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:09 pm

NewApp wrote:

A six-figure offer is pretty generous when you know your contract has expired.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:12 pm

appbio91 wrote:In any event Moore gets the last laugh. He is a hall of famer and everyone in the coutry thinks App State fired a hall of fame coach. Corey's crap just reinforced the outside perception. Whatever, lets honor the guy for being a great coach and mentor to thousands of young men as he deserves. Corey is a smart guy he probably already wishes he would have kept his pie hole shut on this matter.

Before you speak for everyone in the country you might want to remind them that Appalachian State University exists. I still talk to football fans all the time who didn't even know about the michigan rematch and had forgotten who michigan had lost to in 2007.

Honestly I'm just tired of people holding up coaches like they are the pope. They are government/state workers like many of the rest of us. Many of the highest paid state workers are college coaches..........
Many good state workers who have put in hall of fame careers as firemen/teachers/policemen/many other positions are fired every day without any kind of recognition or a big money package to play golf and kiss babies. There is no succession plan. The plan for many incredible people is "here is a pink slip and there is the door."

Coach Moore did a great job as a coach and I fully believe he should be recognized for his achievements both on and off the field with these kids, but to think that he is above the program/school is just nonsense. It was time to move on as a school/business (because we all know its really a business) and thats that. When a beloved person is fired people will always say that it was handled poorly. Thats the nature of the beast.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:14 pm

I'd quit my job today for that gig!
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:40 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
If I was merely a greeter at Wal-Mart, I wouldn't quit my day job to be a lackey whether $100K or not.
Google SUX

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:44 pm

NewApp wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
If I was merely a greeter at Wal-Mart, I wouldn't quit my day job to be a lackey whether $100K or not.
Do any of you guys believe Coach Moore was coaching in Boone, NC for the money? - He never struck me as a man who was driven by the almighty dollar ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Man, to read this thread, you'd think JM was the first coach to ever be offered a cushy "ambassador for the program" type job among retirement. I don't think it's exactly unheard of.

Regardless, if he didn't want the job, he didn't need to take it. But that doesn't mean he gets to keep the HC job indefinitely.

Glad App is honoring him. The end of his career was mishandled by both sides. Should be a great day to set things right.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:47 pm

firemoose wrote:I'm taking a different view of this since I work recruiting. I've already said how I felt about Corey's comments. But we will have recruits visiting during this game just like all our home games. Most of them have no idea what Corey said or why many fans are upset. Should he be one of the players they will only hear fans booing a former top player. I would hate for that to be what they take away from App, especially since the rest of the atmosphere for this game should be electric. But that's just my opinion.
Completely agree. Good news is, probably 95% of the people in the stands will have no idea Lynch's radio interview ever happened.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:30 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
NewApp wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
Do any of you guys believe Coach Moore was coaching in Boone, NC for the money? - He never struck me as a man who was driven by the almighty dollar ---
You are right, WV.
1. He passed up several raises in order to divide the extra money among the assistant coaches.
2. According to one of the people at one of the first gatherings approximately one month after he took the job at ASU, Coach Moore left a lucrative position in commercial real estate. Can't recall the exact date, but it was 100 bucks a pop at Lake Lynn Lodge near Concord for the Yosef Club.
Google SUX

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:54 pm

So now we know what kind of person you are we just have to negotiate price.

I guess JM had a higher standard and $100,000 wasn't enough for him to put aside what his understanding was.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:56 pm

To all: How about just dropping this nonsense...

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:05 pm

APPARJ wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

I don't know how anyone could interpret the 3 yr, $300,000 gig that JM was offered as anything but extremely generous and considerate...

JM's ego steered him to say "no" to retirement in hopes he could do well enough to keep his job.
Having seen the emails that CC "produced" and the lack of email received by CC from JM or Peacock (and the lack of emails Peacock) I'm very doubtful at the emails CC "produced" were actually sent.

(I'm not 100% what the FOIA request was but normally it is "all the email sent or received by all persons regarding the JM...")

If that's the case it's not so much JM ego as it was CC actually making his desires known.

Having seen/read/etc CC handling of other issues I'd have to lean towards JM side of the story.

If JM's version is actually correct I could see very well why he wouldn't accept $100k to roll over and play dead (more or less agreeing to CC version by accepting the job).

But everyone is free to accept CC version and boycott JM appearance.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:12 pm

YesAppCan wrote:To all: How about just dropping this nonsense...
AMEN!
Google SUX

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Maddog1956 wrote:
APPARJ wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

JM's ego steered him to say "no" to retirement in hopes he could do well enough to keep his job.
Having seen the emails that CC "produced" and the lack of email received by CC from JM or Peacock (and the lack of emails Peacock) I'm very doubtful at the emails CC "produced" were actually sent.

(I'm not 100% what the FOIA request was but normally it is "all the email sent or received by all persons regarding the JM...")

If that's the case it's not so much JM ego as it was CC actually making his desires known.

Having seen/read/etc CC handling of other issues I'd have to lean towards JM side of the story.

If JM's version is actually correct I could see very well why he wouldn't accept $100k to roll over and play dead (more or less agreeing to CC version by accepting the job).

As I have said in several threads concerning this topic, a coach told me personally that Jerry informed him PRIOR to the 2012 season that he was going to retire. Why do some of you refuse to accept the truth???

Having said that, can we please move forward? Coach Moore is getting his recognition and has apparently burried the hatcet. It would be nice if some of our fans would do the same.
Last edited by JTApps1 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:25 pm

Maddog1956 wrote:
APPARJ wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Look, dude... The hairs have been split. The horse is dead. What I posted is my belief based on what was reported and those close to the situation from the Ath. Dept and personal friends of JM. Also, think what you want, football coaches have egos and JM, while a TREMENDOUS man, is no different.

As for your bizarre "...everyone is free to accept CC version and boycott JM..." comment, that is the kind of statement encourages a "If You're Not With Me, You're Against Me" attitude. Why even bring the idea of boycotting into this? Lame.

Let's PLEASE move on and agree that October 4th should be the biggest App State party at KBS since the 2007 Richmond game heading to the championship game.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”