Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coach Moore / welcome to the rock

MJ1988
School: Appalachian State

Coach Moore / welcome to the rock

Unread post by MJ1988 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Coach Moore's return to the rock could be a great chance to start a new tradition. I have been thinking that we could take a page from the Seattle Seahawks and have someone related to the program get the crowd ready for the game. Seattle has a fan or someone related to the team raise the 12th man flag and get the crowd going. What if on 10/4 an intro featuring coach Moore played on the video board then from center field the camera goes on and coach says, welcome to the rock. Going forward we could bring in former players and others to start the game. A list of examples is below.

Armanti Edwards
Kevin Richardson,
Dexter Coakley
Ken Peacock
The guy with the A shaved in his back hair.....I really like this one......a video shows game after game of the guy with the A shaved in his back hair....then the camera goes to center field......he pulls his shirt off....turns his back to the camera.....looks over his shoulder and says.....welcome to the rock

Maddog1956

Re: Coach Moore / welcome to the rock

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:33 pm

MJ1988 wrote:Coach Moore's return to the rock could be a great chance to start a new tradition. I have been thinking that we could take a page from the Seattle Seahawks and have someone related to the program get the crowd ready for the game. Seattle has a fan or someone related to the team raise the 12th man flag and get the crowd going. What if on 10/4 an intro featuring coach Moore played on the video board then from center field the camera goes on and coach says, welcome to the rock. Going forward we could bring in former players and others to start the game. A list of examples is below.

Armanti Edwards
Kevin Richardson,
Dexter Coakley
Ken Peacock
The guy with the A shaved in his back hair.....I really like this one......a video shows game after game of the guy with the A shaved in his back hair....then the camera goes to center field......he pulls his shirt off....turns his back to the camera.....looks over his shoulder and says.....welcome to the rock
I think that would be great. He could replace SC saying "Welcome to the Rock" and it wouldn't hurt my feelings. lol

App91

Unread post by App91 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:52 pm

MJ1988 wrote:Coach Moore's return to the rock could be a great chance to start a new tradition. I have been thinking that we could take a page from the Seattle Seahawks and have someone related to the program get the crowd ready for the game. Seattle has a fan or someone related to the team raise the 12th man flag and get the crowd going. What if on 10/4 an intro featuring coach Moore played on the video board then from center field the camera goes on and coach says, welcome to the rock. Going forward we could bring in former players and others to start the game. A list of examples is below.

Armanti Edwards
Kevin Richardson,
Dexter Coakley
Ken Peacock
Freakin' Love it!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:11 am

Armanti Edwards
Kevin Richardson,
Dexter Coakley
Ken Peacock
Great idea, and I would add Larry Hand (assuming he is still alive and healthy), Dino Hackett, and of course many others.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:00 am

Armanti Edwards
Kevin Richardson,
Dexter Coakley
Ken Peacock
I told my wife I was going to get hair plugs in my back just so I could them shave most of the hair off and into the block A.

Does this guy have a twitter feed? It looked like something was scrawled on his back in a close-up that resembled @hairybackguy or something close to that. I don't know if I really want to follow on twtter a person known as a back-shaver, but he seems like someone that might have a funny remark or two in 144 characters.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

appgrunt71

Unread post by appgrunt71 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:13 am

I APPsolutely love this idea. What if we choreograph an opening ceremony that is uniquely an App State experience. I would propose that after the "Welcome to the Rock" announcement on the video board that we hoist a enormous black Block "A" battle flag to the chant of APP......STATE.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:18 am

Armanti Edwards
Kevin Richardson,
Dexter Coakley
Ken Peacock
Oh Hell Yes :!: That sounds like a great idea. I don't think (Just my opinion) the pregame tease and lead up to the team entrance is as loud or motivating since Yosef stopped riding into the stadium and firing his rifle. This idea gives me chills just thinking about it. I hate open date football weekends. There is plenty of time before the next home game to implement this plan too. Great idea!
Give Em Hell!!

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:26 am

This is an awesome idea. At first I was partial to the "tradition" of Sean Connery, but this could be way better. If done right the crowd would go crazy. The anticipation of who the "voice" would be any given week would add an extra buzz to the stadium. Great thinking! Hopefully someone higher up catches wind of this, and makes it happen.

mom_n_buggie

Unread post by mom_n_buggie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:24 am

Ashley Payne, Director of Promotions & Fan Engagement
262-6554
Payneae1@appstate.edu

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:13 pm

These are some GREAT suggestions!!!

I'm sure the video wizards will get right on it. Looking forward to see the results.

I have always thought that Sean Connery when he says "Welcome to the Rock!" is just too soft-spoken. It was kind of hard to hear. We could use a better presentation.

Coach Moore WOULD BE PERFECT!!!! Even better than Sean Connery.

WooooooHoooooo, cant wait.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:41 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:These are some GREAT suggestions!!!

I'm sure the video wizards will get right on it. Looking forward to see the results.

I have always thought that Sean Connery when he says "Welcome to the Rock!" is just too soft-spoken. It was kind of hard to hear. We could use a better presentation.

Coach Moore WOULD BE PERFECT!!!! Even better than Sean Connery.

WooooooHoooooo, cant wait.
Not that I want to do something that copies UNC-CH, but during their basketball games they have announcements on the large video boards that run throughout the game were former players and coaches say something along the lines of "I am a Tarheel." Some have more applause than others, but when Dean Smith is shown the place does get more into it and it seemed to carry over into having the fans into the game. Even when I sat there during the App game I had to admit it was infectious.

Having Coach Moore do this HAS got to happen.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Finally, a thread where a negative post isn't there....Thank God!!!

And a FREAKING AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:06 pm

AppState89 wrote:Finally, a thread where a negative post isn't there....Thank God!!!

Give it time...oops

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:25 am

appgrunt71 wrote:
Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:13 am
I APPsolutely love this idea. What if we choreograph an opening ceremony that is uniquely an App State experience. I would propose that after the "Welcome to the Rock" announcement on the video board that we hoist a enormous black Block "A" battle flag to the chant of APP......STATE.
Hope DG considers putting a couple big flag poles on the large plaza being built when Miller Hill is regraded. I would love to see the American flag and North Carolina flag on one side of scoreboard and hoisting an enormous black block “A” battle flag on the other.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

John-N-Houston

Unread post by John-N-Houston » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:39 am

Maddog1956 wrote:
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:06 pm
AppState89 wrote:Finally, a thread where a negative post isn't there....Thank God!!!

Give it time...oops
Now that’s funny...I don’t care who y’are!!!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:24 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:25 am
appgrunt71 wrote:
Hope DG considers putting a couple big flag poles on the large plaza being built when Miller Hill is regraded. I would love to see the American flag and North Carolina flag on one side of scoreboard and hoisting an enormous black block “A” battle flag on the other.
I still love the idea someone posted this fall of building an actual Yosef’s Cabin as part of the hill plaza. Let the celebrity of the game, run the App State flag up the flag pole and start the App State chant. It’s great to have a video board, but live action in game, like Cocky and the whole South Carolina pre-game ritual is even better.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:26 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:24 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
appgrunt71 wrote:
I still love the idea someone posted this fall of building an actual Yosef’s Cabin as part of the hill plaza. Let the celebrity of the game, run the App State flag up the flag pole and start the App State chant. It’s great to have a video board, but live action in game, like Cocky and the whole South Carolina pre-game ritual is even better.
I posted this back in 2015....maybe DG will consider doing it.

Appstate88 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:46 am
Let's build an authentic looking circa 1899 mountain cabin on the bank. It could have a real Yosef sitting on the front porch. He could be available for photos with fans before and after the game. He could fire his rifle from the porch when we score. The ROTC guys can continue to load it for him. He could have a mountain jug on the porch which he could drink from on third down. The cabin could have a rock fireplace with chimney. He could send up different colored smoke (black, gold or white) on game days. The cabin and real Yosef might make a neat focal point in the stadium. I believe if it is thoughtfully done it would add to the game day experience for mountaineer fans of all ages.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:48 pm

I mentioned the cabin to DG in New Orleans...he wasn’t very receptive. I told him I could raise the money...easy. Imagine people wanting a photo op on the porch with stadium backdrop for a small donation...that could fund a scholarship in 6 games I bet

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:58 pm

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:48 pm
I mentioned the cabin to DG in New Orleans...he wasn’t very receptive. I told him I could raise the money...easy. Imagine people wanting a photo op on the porch with stadium backdrop for a small donation...that could fund a scholarship in 6 games I bet
I imagine the liability insurance would be astronomical.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:17 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:26 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:24 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
appgrunt71 wrote:
I posted this back in 2015....maybe DG will consider doing it.

Appstate88 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:46 am
Let's build an authentic looking circa 1899 mountain cabin on the bank. It could have a real Yosef sitting on the front porch. He could be available for photos with fans before and after the game. He could fire his rifle from the porch when we score. The ROTC guys can continue to load it for him. He could have a mountain jug on the porch which he could drink from on third down. The cabin could have a rock fireplace with chimney. He could send up different colored smoke (black, gold or white) on game days. The cabin and real Yosef might make a neat focal point in the stadium. I believe if it is thoughtfully done it would add to the game day experience for mountaineer fans of all ages.
What?!? That would be a fun idea outside of the stadium, not inside. Too cheesy and a little over the top for being inside

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”