Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App vs Southern Mississppi Prediction

AppState1
School: Appalachian State

Re: App vs Southern Mississppi Prediction

Unread post by AppState1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:29 pm

bigCasu wrote:For what its worth...
I sincerely apologize for insulting you.

Go Apps!

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:14 pm

appst89 wrote:
AppDawg wrote:
AppState wrote:In Cline's defense, the official prediction thread has turned into click-bait to raise viewers for another site. Not a big fan of that.

But carry on.
And this site isn't?
??????
Being a long time active reader of the old board, I viewed the move of the MMB to the Cabin and as a way for the owners of the cabin to make money off of every click and view of the MMB.

I appreciate that they graciously asked you and the other mods from the delphi and cnn boards to join this site and the time commitment each of you put forward day in and day out to "regulate." It doesn't go unnoticed.

Nonetheless, I still viewed the change, for lack of better terms, as a "hostile takeover" of the MMB. I am all for capitalism and the switch appears to have worked out in the long run, but lets not kid ourselves as to one of the reasons the MMB was moved off Delphi.

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:32 pm

This thread should be deleted. It's getting everyone worked up over nothing and serves no real purpose.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:47 pm

AppDawg wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppDawg wrote:
AppState wrote:In Cline's defense, the official prediction thread has turned into click-bait to raise viewers for another site. Not a big fan of that.

But carry on.
And this site isn't?
??????
Being a long time active reader of the old board, I viewed the move of the MMB to the Cabin and as a way for the owners of the cabin to make money off of every click and view of the MMB.

I appreciate that they graciously asked you and the other mods from the delphi and cnn boards to join this site and the time commitment each of you put forward day in and day out to "regulate." It doesn't go unnoticed.

Nonetheless, I still viewed the change, for lack of better terms, as a "hostile takeover" of the MMB. I am all for capitalism and the switch appears to have worked out in the long run, but lets not kid ourselves as to one of the reasons the MMB was moved off Delphi.
I am just a poster myself, and I could be wrong, but I think the owner of the board mentioned they lose money each month based on the server costs vs the bit of ad revenue he is able to bring in. It is possible those numbers have changed, and it is possible the owner was not being truthful, but I will take him on his word that the ads subsidize the cost but don't cover the cost.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:10 pm

People were complaining, including myself at the time, that Delphi wasn't meeting our needs, and that our school had outgrown the old board. I have no regrets or resentments in regards to the move to Yosef's Cabin today.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Wanna go back to Delphi?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:20 pm

AppDawg wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppDawg wrote:

But carry on.
And this site isn't?
??????

I take strong offense to this post. In 2012, I started YosefsCabin. Delphi was unattractive and loaded with ads that broke up the middle of the posts. With YosefsCabin, I worked with the MMB leadership and the site was really built around the desires and needs that were asked for in an update. It was a planned process that we co-developed over a 5-6 month period, which is why it has been a largely smooth transition. I have also been very clear with everyone that it was not some hostile takeover, the MMB is not run by me nor do I take part in any of the ownership/moderation duties. I told appst89 from the beginning that I had no desire to run the MMB and that still holds true. It has nothing to do with monetizing or capitalism or any other bold accusations you are making. If it did, there would certainly be a significant interest in securing local sponsors or sponsors. I get an email every day asking for sponsored posts or other forms of advertising to be put up and every day - I simply ignore them. If I were interested in money, you would see those going up constantly.

You and others may have really enjoyed the Delphi format but it was overdue for a change. Few, if any, FBS schools have their main message board on Delphi.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:26 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
AppDawg wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppDawg wrote:

But carry on.
And this site isn't?
??????

I am just a poster myself, and I could be wrong, but I think the owner of the board mentioned they lose money each month based on the server costs vs the bit of ad revenue he is able to bring in. It is possible those numbers have changed, and it is possible the owner was not being truthful, but I will take him on his word that the ads subsidize the cost but don't cover the cost.
Bingo.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Yosef wrote:
AppDawg wrote: Being a long time active reader of the old board, I viewed the move of the MMB to the Cabin and as a way for the owners of the cabin to make money off of every click and view of the MMB.

I take strong offense to this post. In 2012, I started YosefsCabin. Delphi was unattractive and loaded with ads that broke up the middle of the posts. With YosefsCabin, I worked with the MMB leadership and the site was really built around the desires and needs that were asked for in an update. It was a planned process that we co-developed over a 5-6 month period, which is why it has been a largely smooth transition. I have also been very clear with everyone that it was not some hostile takeover, the MMB is not run by me nor do I take part in any of the ownership/moderation duties. I told appst89 from the beginning that I had no desire to run the MMB and that still holds true. It has nothing to do with monetizing or capitalism or any other bold accusations you are making. If it did, there would certainly be a significant interest in securing local sponsors or sponsors. I get an email every day asking for sponsored posts or other forms of advertising to be put up and every day - I simply ignore them. If I were interested in money, you would see those going up constantly.

You and others may have really enjoyed the Delphi format but it was overdue for a change. Few, if any, FBS schools have their main message board on Delphi.
I stand corrected. To clarify, there were issues with Delphi and I did mention in my post above the switch has worked and expressed appreciation for including the "old guard" in the move.

I am not a website guru and made the "ass"umption that ad revenue is being generated by the website owner. At Delphi, I presumed those $$'s went to Delphi and not the board mods. At the time, the switch to a fledgling cabin site (at the same time several other blogs and at least 1 other App message board was trying to get off the ground) led me to the impression as I stated in my prior post re: looking for clicks or views. This is the opinion I have had since the move was initially announced.

Thank you for the history refresher and clarification.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:54 am

Yosef wrote:
AppDawg wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppDawg wrote:

But carry on.
And this site isn't?
??????

I wanted to give Yosef a chance to respond first. Now that he has, I will add my $.02. I was approached about moving the MMB from Delphi in 2012. I had major concerns about doing so. It's difficult to make a change when something is working. There had started to be a growing number of complaints about the Delphi look, so I began discussions with Yosef about moving. From the beginning, he told me that he would not be involved in the running of the MMB; that the decisions would be left to me and the other mods. He has been true to his word. He did everything I asked of him and spent a lot of time making adjustments that I requested. I have offered, on several occasions, to contribute something to help him offset the costs of keeping the site going. He has declined my offer each time.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:53 am

All I have to say is, "Thank you for the jobs you guys do to keep this board up and going!!"
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:59 am

AppState89 wrote:All I have to say is, "Thank you for the jobs you guys do to keep this board up and going!!"
I'll toss in my gratitude, also. The quote function is especially useful. Took me a while longer than most to learn to navigate this site, however.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:02 pm

bigCasu wrote:For what its worth, I created my own site due to having an extraordinary amount of free time for a period of my life a couple years ago. I wrote about nearly every major sporting event for that period of time. It killed a lot of time and I enjoyed it. I had always wondered how many people I was reaching on the old delphi board. More curious than looking for an ego boost.

When the move was made to YC, we could see detailed statistics regarding how many people had viewed, not just commented, on a particular subject. So as my curiousity grew, I wanted to know how many people were actually reading what I had to say on Wednesdays during football season. In the end, by clicking on the article link every week, I get statistics, which I pay for. I dont receive any money for your clicks. I get no benefit besides the same enjoyment I have had since 2002 when I took over the prediction thread. Haven't missed an article since that time. Maybe there will be a day when I have to pass it off for whatever reason, but I dont see it. I took this baby and ran with it, and I do it all for the MMB. Just like our tailgates and my ridiculous number of tweets, I want the consumer/audience to have fun and stay informed about App atheltics, even if I have to do most of the grunt work.
And that is why I and many follow you on Twitter, and read the prediction thread! Click Click!
Go APPS!

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:08 pm

'89, Yosef, Others connected with YC, Fire, "C", and other informed contributors

Simply Thanks!

APP
Go APPS!

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:35 pm

asutrnr81 wrote:'89, Yosef, Others connected with YC, Fire, "C", and other informed contributors

Simply Thanks!

APP
+1 !!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”