Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App/SoAla game (Oct 4) at 6 pm EST

appbio91
School: Appalachian State

Re: App/SoAla game (Oct 4) at 6 pm EST

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:55 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
dubs21 wrote:There is always something to complain about. :shock:

And the Triad is not far enough that a 6pm game is too late.
How old are you dubs? - if you are not in your upper 60s, then you might not understand
46 and I get it...Unfortunately I have to travel for work that weekend so I will watch from a sunny location south of the border :D

I hate buying season tickets and then having to miss games especially this one.

dubs21

Unread post by dubs21 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:01 pm

I'm in my mid 30's.

I guess I just see it as going to games is a privilege not a right, so If the game is too late or too far away and you can't make it then that sucks, but that's life. It would be real easy if all games were 15 mins away. But for so many people to be going on and on about how this isn't fair and such, is just a little too much. We are in the big leagues now, and everything isn't going to be easy every week (competition, or game time/travel time).

Obviously the game time when the most people can make it is the best, so we have a packed stadium.

Remember the halloween night game when all the school employees were upset about a game on a friday night and they shouldn't do that cause it wasn't fair to them. That game was amazing, and it would have sucked to have not had it that night.

My original post was a little sarcastic in nature, but the point still stands.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:39 pm

Gonzo wrote:Dare I suggest that some of you stay the night in one of the High County's many luxurious hotels?

Night games are great for the student culture. Which is important now that we have a new generation who haven't experienced championship football.

6 pm favors young alums with no kids like me as well.
Fan demographics have nothing to do with the 6PM kick. Although, I doubt Gonzo was suggesting that is the case. Also, young alumns are the most flexible and don't give money back to the school so why make a schedule optimal for that segment of the fan base? While I love night games, 3:30 kickoff time is best for attendance because accommodates EVERYONE. An occasional night game won't hurt attendance because it can be viewed as a special event.

Home game weekends in Boone are expensive (but worthwhile) so I totally understand why families object to paying an extra $175+ to complete their experience.

If I had the keys to the kingdom, I'd have two night games and four 3:30 kicks. I think that's a solid mix.

More night games (especially with weak opponents) will definitely hurt attendance due to logistics and travel alone.

But we no longer have control over the schedule so I basically just wasted space on the internet.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

dubs21

Unread post by dubs21 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:43 pm

I hope we get to the point where we don't get to pick any of our game times (except very strong objections to 12pm). That means you are good enough for tv to determine.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:54 pm

I pretty much agree with all of APPARJ's post, with the addition that I hope and expect that we'll have at least one Thursday night home game as early as next year. In all likelihood I won't be there, but it would be good for the program.

luvyosef

Unread post by luvyosef » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:54 pm

cool crisp Autumn evening in God's Country, hopefully no rain
Jerry Moore day, arguably best coach we ever have had
1st Sunbelt home game, oh yes...........

Can't wait! Go App!
Appalachian State University (Excellence since 1899)

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:07 pm

I don't want the night game novelty to wear off. Plus night games in the fall have the variable of being too cold for some fans.

What is interesting is that the time was announced before ESPN announced what they would do. 6pm isn't conductive to being on TV so it looks like ESPN3.com.

And I do hope the remaining games will be 3:30. The Idaho game can even be 3:00 or 2:30 to avoid the really frigid temps at dusk.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:17 pm

dubs21 wrote:I'm in my mid 30's.

I guess I just see it as going to games is a privilege not a right, so If the game is too late or too far away and you can't make it then that sucks, but that's life. It would be real easy if all games were 15 mins away. But for so many people to be going on and on about how this isn't fair and such, is just a little too much. We are in the big leagues now, and everything isn't going to be easy every week (competition, or game time/travel time).

Obviously the game time when the most people can make it is the best, so we have a packed stadium.

Remember the halloween night game when all the school employees were upset about a game on a friday night and they shouldn't do that cause it wasn't fair to them. That game was amazing, and it would have sucked to have not had it that night.
Don't think I made any comments about the game time being "unfair and such" and honestly don't remember anyone saying those words. I will assure you this - traveling to games in your 30s is a hell of a lot easier than in your 60s - I've done both --- :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:53 pm

This just in: WVaApp is old. :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:54 pm

I love night games, but I am disappointed only because I was looking forward to bringing my 2-year old son to the October games. Hopefully, Homecoming is at 3:30.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

luvyosef

Unread post by luvyosef » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Long live 6pm start times, even for Idaho. Go App!
Appalachian State University (Excellence since 1899)

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:20 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
dubs21 wrote:I'm in my mid 30's.

Don't think I made any comments about the game time being "unfair and such" and honestly don't remember anyone saying those words. I will assure you this - traveling to games in your 30s is a hell of a lot easier than in your 60s - I've done both --- :o
I would imagine everything is easier at 30 than late 60s. Well except doing what you want to do when you want to do it (maybe somewhat slower) due to fewer job responsibilities and kids have likely moved away. Wait a minute why are you old guys complaining.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:52 am

"I would imagine everything is easier at 30 than late 60s. Well except doing what you want to do when you want to do it (maybe somewhat slower) due to fewer job responsibilities and kids have likely moved away. Wait a minute why are you old guys complaining."

Come on Saint - you don't really want to give us old guys an open mic for complaining do you? ---
- well my knees ache :(
- well my hands don't work like they used to :(
- well my back hurts :(
- well I wake up at 3:45am :(
- well my stomach continues to grow and my youknowwhat continues to shrink :(
Oh Hell, Life is Good !!! :mrgreen:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:53 am

AppinVA wrote:This just in: WVaApp is old. :lol:
Hell AppinVA - you could have said that 10 years ago --- :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:21 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
AppinVA wrote:This just in: WVaApp is old. :lol:
Hell AppinVA - you could have said that 10 years ago --- :o
Ah, just keep punching, APPollo.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:20 pm

If anyone doesn't want to pay hotel costs in Boone, I have a recliner that someone can easily fall asleep in. ;)

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Geez people, you'll be back to the Triad by 11:00. It's TWO nights a year.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:54 pm

A 6:00 start does put this old lady home late. Staying in Boone Saturday night is not an option for me since I teach Sunday school each week. It's also a bit late for my year old grandson.

That said, good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I'll be there from BOD entrance to 0:00 on the 4th.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”