Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Worst loss in the history of Appalachian football

Appfanfor4

Worst loss in the history of Appalachian football

Unread post by Appfanfor4 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:11 pm

having been in Conrad/Kidd Brewer Stadium every season since 1973 what I saw yesterday was the most embarrasing, unprepared, pathetic, lack of coaching, lack of effort I have ever witnessed. We lost to THE CITADEL and gave up 618 yards, a Citadel offensive record! If they hadnt emptied the bench in the second half it would have been 83-7. The team wouldnt have looked worse if the coaches were at home and you randomly picked fans to coach. After two straight playoff losses to teams we should have beat, combined with the total loss of the team last season and apparently yesterday too it is past time for a coaching change! Moore cant seem to motivate any longer. The play calling is far too conservative considering our athletes ( Travaris Cadet is being utilized more in the NFL than at App). He cant seem to consistently figure out the triple option even though he sees it three times a year for the last 24 seasons at App. Its time to build a statue, name something for him, thank him for his contributions and championships, and show him the door before we get into a Bobby Bowden situation.

jrobinson68

Re: Worst loss in the history of Appalachian football

Unread post by jrobinson68 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:14 pm

AMEN!

HappyHippie
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by HappyHippie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:33 pm

After you "thank" Coach and show him the door - Who do you propose?

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Let's see what goes down in Nooga on Saturday. Lose that one and I'm all for leaving Jerry off the bus for the ride home. ;)

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Worst Loss was at Chatty in 78 or so....72-14.....No doubt!

Go APPS
Go APPS!

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:08 pm

I think you need to chill . Why should we have beat Villanova and Maine? Do other teams not have good players too? In your mind we should never lose. Complete homer. Great first post!
Last edited by ASU-FTW on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

APPSTATE83

Unread post by APPSTATE83 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:10 pm

I thought the Championship caliber team was close to being back after the win over Montana....... and now this :?: It's hard to figure out....... :(
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES....
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IGNORANCE AND APATHY? "I DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T CARE."

appgrad81

Unread post by appgrad81 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Appfanfor4 wrote:having been in Conrad/Kidd Brewer Stadium every season since 1973 what I saw yesterday was the most embarrasing, unprepared, pathetic, lack of coaching, lack of effort I have ever witnessed. We lost to THE CITADEL and gave up 618 yards, a Citadel offensive record! If they hadnt emptied the bench in the second half it would have been 83-7. The team wouldnt have looked worse if the coaches were at home and you randomly picked fans to coach. After two straight playoff losses to teams we should have beat, combined with the total loss of the team last season and apparently yesterday too it is past time for a coaching change! Moore cant seem to motivate any longer. The play calling is far too conservative considering our athletes ( Travaris Cadet is being utilized more in the NFL than at App). He cant seem to consistently figure out the triple option even though he sees it three times a year for the last 24 seasons at App. Its time to build a statue, name something for him, thank him for his contributions and championships, and show him the door before we get into a Bobby Bowden situation.
Why do football coaches want to stay until they are 80 years old? (yes I know Coach Moore isn't 80 yet) I can't wait until I can retire when I am 65. I wouldn't want the pressure at 75 that a football coach has week after week. If Piterno had retired at 70 even his statue would still be standing! I will listen to the game next week and hope a different team shows up and hopefully by the end of this season Coach Moore can go out with a winning season. But I do believe winnning season or not it's time for Coach Moore to retire. Not sure who would be better, but I think it's time for a coaching change.

ViewCrew87

Unread post by ViewCrew87 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:18 pm

'94 loss to 1-10 VMI was bad too. Knocked us from getting in playoffs. We lost to a much better team yesterday. They've beat'n back 2 back top 10 teams.

HappyHippie

Unread post by HappyHippie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:35 pm

ViewCrew87 wrote:'94 loss to 1-10 VMI was bad too. Knocked us from getting in playoffs. We lost to a much better team yesterday. They've beat'n back 2 back top 10 teams.
We got beat in the quarter finals @ Boise Stae 17-14 during the 1994 season. Wonder boy Satterfield was the QB that threw 4 or 5 ints the Broncos way that day.

Men like Coach Moore are more than rare. The disrespect the man receives here is troubling.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 pm

appfan4 is right this will continue until. what I listened to on a staticky radio station in hendersonville nc,. yes the mountains of nc(two hoursfrom boone and no reception) Is absolutly the worst i have ever heard,unacceptable imo total coaching fiasco.

g2281

Unread post by g2281 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 pm

HappyHippie wrote:
ViewCrew87 wrote:'94 loss to 1-10 VMI was bad too. Knocked us from getting in playoffs. We lost to a much better team yesterday. They've beat'n back 2 back top 10 teams.
We got beat in the quarter finals @ Boise Stae 17-14 during the 1994 season. Wonder boy Satterfield was the QB that threw 4 or 5 ints the Broncos way that day.

Men like Coach Moore are more than rare. The disrespect the man receives here is troubling.

Whoa...I don't think anyone is disrespecting him as a man, but as a coach, hell yes. As well as they should. He is being compensating generously for what he does, so don't EVER tell us he is being disrespected. What many people can't seem to grasp about "Saint Jerry" is that people donate THOUSANDS of dollars of their hard earned money to the Yosef Club. Damn right they should be outrage with what happened yesterday. Jerry couldn't motivate a team full of coke addicts with them being jacked up in the first place. If it wasn't for the Samaritan Purse, HE (yes, believe it or not) would have been gone in December with all the other deadbeat coaches. Just look at NDSU last year, they haven't been FCS long at all and they already have a title. That should be a kick in the nuts to all of you that support this lackluster coaching staff. I'm not naive enough by ANY means to believe we should win a title every year, but with our tradition, fan support, and facilities...there is no reason why we shouldn't consistently be in the semi-finals every 3 out of 5 years. I hope many of you disgruntled fans like me, flooded Peacock's and Charlie's email accounts with emails of concern. Even though it would've still sucked and I still would've been pissed with a 7-10 point loss to the Citadel, 52-28 is a damn embarrassment. Wake up App Nation, its time for some changes... NOW!

HappyHippie

Unread post by HappyHippie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:04 am

Careful what you wish for big boy.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:10 am

This is a watershed moment. Where do we go from here. This was a terrible loss, unprepared and unispired. Do we fold or use it as a battle cry? Only those in the locker room can answer, but it is time to figure out who wants to be here and who wants to be champions.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:24 am

App91 wrote:This is a watershed moment. Where do we go from here. This was a terrible loss, unprepared and unispired. Do we fold or use it as a battle cry? Only those in the locker room can answer, but it is time to figure out who wants to be here and who wants to be champions.
Not calling you out, but I'm sick of the "who wants to be champions?" slogan. "Play like a champion," yada, yada on every video. How about we play to win one game at a dern time. Why aspire to be a champion, when we can't even win the Socon (last year and this year isn't off to a good start)?

I understand aspiring for greatness, but drop the "champion" thing, it's tied too strongly to past accomplishments. Aspire to be great, really give your all for Appalachian (coaches included) and we would all be content with a loss right now. We can't win them all, but we also probably wouldn't get blown out AT HOME by Maine and the Citadel.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:32 am

"The Higher you climb the flagpole the more people can see your ass"
-Don Meredith MNF

I'd say the higher we climb the flagpole the more asses show up..............
Perspective.............

Even Notre Dame, Texas and LSU have bad years...... Listen we could be Wake Forest or South Carolina......or Michigan........

We'll be fine, maybe not this year but we are getting oback on the right track.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:24 am

StorminASU wrote:Not calling you out, but I'm sick of the "who wants to be champions?" slogan. "Play like a champion," yada, yada on every video. How about we play to win one game at a dern time. Why aspire to be a champion, when we can't even win the Socon (last year and this year isn't off to a good start)?

I understand aspiring for greatness, but drop the "champion" thing, it's tied too strongly to past accomplishments. Aspire to be great, really give your all for Appalachian (coaches included) and we would all be content with a loss right now. We can't win them all, but we also probably wouldn't get blown out AT HOME by Maine and the Citadel.
I'd be happy right now to see some players, and coaches, who act like they want to win. Two of the last three games in KBS have been absolute whippings. We are not going to win them all, but we should play them all like we want to win. There has been a very disturbing trend of lack of preparation and lack of inspiration over the last four or five seasons. It was obvious to everyone that something was wrong last year. While it may be a little better this year, it's just as obvious that whatever it was isn't fixed yet.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:50 am

ASU-FTW wrote:I think you need to chill . Why should we have beat Villanova and Maine? Do other teams not have good players too? In your mind we should never lose. Complete homer. Great first post!
In my mind, we should never be blown out. At home especially. In my mind, our team, should be competative in every FCS game, bar none.

How many times now have we been DOMINATED, at home in the past 3-4 years? Not just lost, but DOMINATED.

I can take a loss or two, but what I cannot sit quietly for, is being DOMINATED, and made to look less than average, AT HOME, especially when we have the players to compete. We've put 2-3 players in the NFL on average for the past half a decade. Our team is blessed with the resources that dwarf a school like The Citadel, yet are consistantly inconsistant.

I grumble, I complain, it may not make the team perform better, but it makes me feel better. After the time, effort, money, heart and everything else Ive given for App, I feel Ive earned the right to ask the question "What the hell is going on?!"

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:52 am

g2281 wrote:
HappyHippie wrote:

Whoa...I don't think anyone is disrespecting him as a man, but as a coach, hell yes. As well as they should. He is being compensating generously for what he does, so don't EVER tell us he is being disrespected. What many people can't seem to grasp about "Saint Jerry" is that people donate THOUSANDS of dollars of their hard earned money to the Yosef Club. Damn right they should be outrage with what happened yesterday. Jerry couldn't motivate a team full of coke addicts with them being jacked up in the first place. If it wasn't for the Samaritan Purse, HE (yes, believe it or not) would have been gone in December with all the other deadbeat coaches. Just look at NDSU last year, they haven't been FCS long at all and they already have a title. That should be a kick in the nuts to all of you that support this lackluster coaching staff. I'm not naive enough by ANY means to believe we should win a title every year, but with our tradition, fan support, and facilities...there is no reason why we shouldn't consistently be in the semi-finals every 3 out of 5 years. I hope many of you disgruntled fans like me, flooded Peacock's and Charlie's email accounts with emails of concern. Even though it would've still sucked and I still would've been pissed with a 7-10 point loss to the Citadel, 52-28 is a damn embarrassment. Wake up App Nation, its time for some changes... NOW!
Welcome to the board, great first post. /sarcasm

You want to fire the best coach we've ever had, who has had only one losing season out of 24? The way I see it, is "Saint Jerry" has accomplished more in a morning than you have with your ranting post on an anonymous message board. But, by all means, keep up with the internet tough guy routine. For me, I'll stick with that guy that has a proven track record over your thoughts. :roll:
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:54 am

GlassOnion wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:I think you need to chill . Why should we have beat Villanova and Maine? Do other teams not have good players too? In your mind we should never lose. Complete homer. Great first post!
In my mind, we should never be blown out. At home especially. In my mind, our team, should be competative in every FCS game, bar none.

How many times now have we been DOMINATED, at home in the past 3-4 years? Not just lost, but DOMINATED.

I can take a loss or two, but what I cannot sit quietly for, is being DOMINATED, and made to look less than average, AT HOME, especially when we have the players to compete. We've put 2-3 players in the NFL on average for the past half a decade. Our team is blessed with the resources that dwarf a school like The Citadel, yet are consistantly inconsistant.

I grumble, I complain, it may not make the team perform better, but it makes me feel better. After the time, effort, money, heart and everything else Ive given for App, I feel Ive earned the right to ask the question "What the hell is going on?!"
I should be able to "like" this thing about 100 times. I was actually standing in the student section yesterday complaining about the effort when I got yelled at for complaining. It must be easy to be unconditionally supportive with no ticket money, gas money, etc. on the line, but I'm living in the real world. I want some answers for Saturday, not just "coach speak."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”