Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

What Better Game to Start on a Roll

MDaniels84
School: Appalachian State

What Better Game to Start on a Roll

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:47 am

I know, I know, I am forever the optimist when it comes to App football but hear me out. We are coming off of a disappointing loss and on a short week at that. However, we are playing Georgia Southern. If our coaches and players can not get up for this game, we have more to worry about than our kicking. Georgia Southern looks like a solid team and has played better big boy football than us up until now. However, if you look at their opponents, no one that they have faced has the balance that we bring. I don't know enough about their changes on offense with the exception of seeing them as being a little less one dimensional than usual due to limited passing game. Our offense is starting to build a little steam and it couldn't come at a better time.
Defensively, I know that we are much stouter than a year ago. Our front 7 is getting better by the week and Middleton and Ross are saving us on the back side.
Waiting on Big C for any out right prediction but I feel unusually positive for a Tuesday morning before a Thursday night in Statesboro.

mtnjax

Re: What Better Game to Start on a Roll

Unread post by mtnjax » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:41 am

The only change in their offense I have seen is being in shotgun vs under center and maybe 5 more passes than usual

Their pass defense is still suspect, so we need to take advantage their

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:54 am

Is this our first Thursday night game?

I just can't remember.
Go APPS!

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:25 pm

I too like our chances in this game, if the coaches can keep the young guys in the secondary focused on their assignments we should be stout on defense. Most of the other SB teams have not faced the GS triple option, so they may have trouble defending it, but we have seen it enough to be able to stop it. I was surprised that Georgia Tech had so much trouble with the eagles, since they run basically the same offense.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:43 pm

asutrnr81 wrote:Is this our first Thursday night game?

I just can't remember.
I don't like Thursday night games because they interrupt the academic week for travel and game participation. The players will miss Thursday classes for travel and the game and either get back late Thursday night or Friday morning. The NCAA sure isn't looking out for the academic aspect of the student-athlete not to mention it interupting the work week for fans traveling to the away games.
Last edited by NewApp on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:27 pm

I like the way MDaniels and appbanker think! I'm a positive, optimistic App fan as well. We need to hang out sometime! This would be a perfect time for our young team to put it all together. Eliminate the drove of mistakes like we saw Saturday night and play solid for four quarters! Did anyone notice that our young qb and the coaches communicating with him were smiling and acting loose during timeouts Saturday night. Looked like they were having fun! Now we continue to play loose but clean it up and kick some GSU Eagle Butt! GATFA!!!!

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:30 pm

asutrnr81 wrote:Is this our first Thursday night game?

I just can't remember.

Played Wake on a Thursday when I was in school

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:23 am

kickass143 wrote: Did anyone notice that our young qb and the coaches communicating with him were smiling and acting loose during timeouts Saturday night. Looked like they were having fun! Now we continue to play loose but clean it up and kick some GSU Eagle Butt! GATFA!!!!
I sure noticed it. To me, that's a sign of a QB that understands every little aspect of the game and his coaches know that. It will be interesting as Lamb takes on more and more of the playbook.

oldfart
School: Georgia Southern

Unread post by oldfart » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 am

Hope any of you that can will come down to Statesboro tomorrow. The game is being talked up around campus and it looks like we may have a pretty large student turnout. Most of us older fans appreciate the rivalry and it seems the intensity has only increased since we both moved up. For this week, we pretty much hate every one of you potlickers but the rest of the time we hope you do well and finish 2nd in the Sun Belt right behind us. :D That said, take care on your trip down as Statesboro PD has been on a tear lately. Have a safe trip down because this will probably be a good one. Here's to a good long rivalry in the Sun Belt and beyond. It's App Hate week in Statesboro!!

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks Old Fart. I'm coming down for my second trip to Statesboro (was there in '12 for our big win!). Yes I'm a glutton for punishment!!! Just kidding. I'm riding solo so I will appreciate any GSU hospitality!!! I love the entire culture of college football and enjoy intense rivalries. Everyone just keep it civil and respect each other and their desires to support their respected teams and it will be a rivalry that continues to grow the right way!!! Go App! GATFA! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”