Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The state of Appalachian Athletics

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: The state of Appalachian Athletics

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:16 am

NewApp wrote:
appbio91 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
NewApp wrote:my many alumni friends
Riiiiiight... :?
Yes right. SA. :roll:
We are adults you can say smart-ass...
Yes, but SA looks better on this board. :) He knew what it meant, I hope.
I once learned that KMA means Kindly Move Aside. :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

roachgone

Unread post by roachgone » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:40 am

APPARJ that was a good post and is the reason we have had a "young " team for at least the past 4 to 5 years according to the coaches. Until we recruit kids who are better in their Jr. and Sr. years than the Freshman and Sophs. coming in we are always gonna have a young team. Hopefully the last one or two recruiting classes will get better in 3 to 4 yrs. than the new recruits. If in two years we're still talking about having a "young" team then we have major problems and it will be time for changing of the guard. This young team mantra year after year is gettin' old fast.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:45 am

Appin Va, I actually got KMA meaning Kindly Move Aside from another poster on here, so I can't take credit for it. :D
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:09 pm

roachgone wrote:APPARJ that was a good post and is the reason we have had a "young " team for at least the past 4 to 5 years according to the coaches. Until we recruit kids who are better in their Jr. and Sr. years than the Freshman and Sophs. coming in we are always gonna have a young team. Hopefully the last one or two recruiting classes will get better in 3 to 4 yrs. than the new recruits. If in two years we're still talking about having a "young" team then we have major problems and it will be time for changing of the guard. This young team mantra year after year is gettin' old fast.
Thanks. In regards to being young, I am speaking to this current team. I don't recall having a young team being an excuse in '10, '11 and '12 when we were on the backend of those powerhouse App State teams. Even last year we had a lot of upper classmen on offense (while still young on D).

Overall, you are absolutely correct. If this coaching staff does not develop these kids to improve every year then changes must be made. However, I haven't seen evidence of any sophomores regressing.

That said, I do think there is enough raw skill on the roster (red shirt or otherwise) to be excited about the coming years. But they need to improve every year or else all the hype on signing day (a favorite day for me) is all in vain.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Saint3333 wrote:Coach Moore will be on the radio show prior to the game.

David Jackson: Coach Moore what do you think of the team so far this year?

Coach: They play hard. There's a lot of talent on this team, young, but very talented, and with experience they'll get better. I have a lot of faith in Coach Satterfield and this staff as the season continues. He's done a great job recruiting against established FBS programs and I look forward to seeing them improve over the next few years.

Seems pretty easy to me.
Maye we'll get?, "They play hard and they are well coached."
BLACK SATURDAY

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:38 pm

NewApp wrote:Appin Va, I actually got KMA meaning Kindly Move Aside from another poster on here, so I can't take credit for it. :D
Oddly enough, if you google KMA kindly move aside our conversation from 2010 pops up.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:02 am

AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:Appin Va, I actually got KMA meaning Kindly Move Aside from another poster on here, so I can't take credit for it. :D
Oddly enough, if you google KMA kindly move aside our conversation from 2010 pops up.

So what's your point? Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands.
Last edited by NewApp on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:07 am

Any speculation on the new WBB coach? It would seem that the most logical hire would be the remaining member of the staff still on campus. It would seem if it were someone from the outside that news would be forthcoming from wherever that person was leaving.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:49 am

hapapp wrote:Any speculation on the new WBB coach? It would seem that the most logical hire would be the remaining member of the staff still on campus. It would seem if it were someone from the outside that news would be forthcoming from wherever that person was leaving.
Hap-Check your PM

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:07 am

NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

So what's your point? Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands.
Meh. Just thought it was interesting.

I forget how much you hate google. ;)

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Here's some eye opening evidence as to why this team is so young, especially in the trenches.

2010 Recruiting class (16 total) - we lost 12 to graduation and attrition (Lamm, Corbin, Bailey & Fisher remain)
Adamiak
Aiken (DL)
Barnard (OL)
K. Barnes
Bostick (OL)
Danzy
Hunter (OL)
K. Jones (OL)
McDermott
Sawyer
Shuemake (DL)
Wylie (DL)

2011 class (17 total) - lost 6 to graduation and attrition
H. Barnes
Evans (OL)
J. Henderson (OL)
Miller
Price
Ware

2012 class (18 total) - lost 5 to attrition
Hall (DL)
Holloway
Magloire
Millhouse (DL)
Privette (OL)

2013 class (16 total) - lost 2
Wright
Covington

The team has lost 25 recruits (which roughly equates to 1.5 FCS classes or 1 FBS class) to graduation/attrition since 2010, with 12 (48%) being linemen (7 OL & 5 DL).

I've been one to point towards 2015 as the year this team makes some noise, especially after Blair got his Medical hardship. However, while I may still look at 2015 as a measuring stick, 2016 may be the true barometer as to where the program is. In 2016, the upperclassmen list will look legit with D. Blackmon, A. Gray, Fernandez, Small, Gilchrist, Law, Townes and Dada all being Seniors on Defense (assuming no early grads, attrition, RS or medical hardships). The offense will have a RS-Jr. QB in Lamb, RS-Jr RB in Upshaw, Cox will be a Senior, all the WR and OL players the coaches (recruited under the FBS banner) redshirt this year will be RS-Soph with a full season of experience under their belt and 3 summers of S & C.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Great analysis shine, thanks for putting that together.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:50 pm

moonshine wrote:Here's some eye opening evidence as to why this team is so young, especially in the trenches.

2010 Recruiting class (16 total) - we lost 12 to graduation and attrition (Lamm, Corbin, Bailey & Fisher remain)
Adamiak
Aiken (DL)
Barnard (OL)
K. Barnes
Bostick (OL)
Danzy
Hunter (OL)
K. Jones (OL)
McDermott
Sawyer
Shuemake (DL)
Wylie (DL)

2011 class (17 total) - lost 6 to graduation and attrition
H. Barnes
Evans (OL)
J. Henderson (OL)
Miller
Price
Ware

2012 class (18 total) - lost 5 to attrition
Hall (DL)
Holloway
Magloire
Millhouse (DL)
Privette (OL)

2013 class (16 total) - lost 2
Wright
Covington

The team has lost 25 recruits (which roughly equates to 1.5 FCS classes or 1 FBS class) to graduation/attrition since 2010, with 12 (48%) being linemen (7 OL & 5 DL).

I've been one to point towards 2015 as the year this team makes some noise, especially after Blair got his Medical hardship. However, while I may still look at 2015 as a measuring stick, 2016 may be the true barometer as to where the program is. In 2016, the upperclassmen list will look legit with D. Blackmon, A. Gray, Fernandez, Small, Gilchrist, Law, Townes and Dada all being Seniors on Defense (assuming no early grads, attrition, RS or medical hardships). The offense will have a RS-Jr. QB in Lamb, RS-Jr RB in Upshaw, Cox will be a Senior, all the WR and OL players the coaches (recruited under the FBS banner) redshirt this year will be RS-Soph with a full season of experience under their belt and 3 summers of S & C.
1.) Thank you SO much for putting that list together.

2.) This is incredibly eye-opening. This actually encourages me for the future.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:05 pm

With the roses come the thorns. Not unique to ASU and happens at every program in the country. Wash, rinse repeat.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:47 pm

1987mountaineer wrote:No truth to that saying he went to Ga State. Jay Sutton took the director job at the Yadkin County YMCA. Apparently a female in the athletic department got a raise over both he and DJ and that was the last straw. Satterfield told Beasely we need to find $$ to keep him and was told their wasn't any even though Doug Justice just left to be with his pal CC at Ga State.
My bad. Ya'll are right. I heard he had ledt but got where he left for mixed up with Doug Justice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”