Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Helmets

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: Helmets

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:26 pm

yosef95 wrote:The more I see the black A on the helmets on tv, the more I desperately want the white block A back. You can barely see the black A on tv. The school wants branding and they aren't using their most visible product to showcase the A which pops better, and you can actually see it on tv and in person

Does anyone know who would make these decsisions, football staff, marketing? I wanted to ask them if they would consider bringing back the block A. I love the matte look, just want that beautiful classic white A
Every uni change in my memory at Appalachian ( and that's a few years :mrgreen: ) has been the prerogative of the head coach in each sport in conjunction with his/her budget. Every head football coach has made some change--some very minor; some major.

For the record, we have been using one of the new matte black helmets as the fall centerpiece of our family dining room table. No one likes it. Not family. Not our neighbors. Not out of town guests. It's a loser in this territory.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

asu66 wrote:
yosef95 wrote:The more I see the black A on the helmets on tv, the more I desperately want the white block A back. You can barely see the black A on tv. The school wants branding and they aren't using their most visible product to showcase the A which pops better, and you can actually see it on tv and in person

Does anyone know who would make these decsisions, football staff, marketing? I wanted to ask them if they would consider bringing back the block A. I love the matte look, just want that beautiful classic white A
Every uni change in my memory at Appalachian ( and that's a few years :mrgreen: ) has been the prerogative of the head coach in each sport in conjunction with his/her budget. Every head football coach has made some change--some very minor; some major.

For the record, we have been using one of the new matte black helmets as the fall centerpiece of our family dining room table. No one likes it. Not family. Not our neighbors. Not out of town guests. It's a loser in this territory.
It matters not, because Coach Satterfield does. It just dilutes the brand we established more or less nation wide with our back to back to backs and the monumental win over the Wolverines.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Black helmet with gold Yosef please.
Give Em Hell!!

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:08 pm

I wouldnt mind that as the alternate helmet worn once or twice a year. Other games black matte, white A

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Just WIN!
Go APPS!

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Agreed, but our bad season starting last year started with the black A. Maybe I'm supsersticious too

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:56 pm

app helmet patriotic.jpg
Patriotic App Helmet
app helmet patriotic.jpg (17.45 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
I liked the helmets with the A in Red, White and Blue for Heroes Day the best. We should use them all the time.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:14 am

asu66 wrote:

I have no knowledge of how APP does the unis however I do have an example that I personally know about - I have a very close friend who is a major college head coach - I specifically asked him 2 years ago (he's in P5) if he had any say so in his team's new unis? - (I wasn't crazy about them) and he said NO - that it was in their deal with NIKE and his guys wore what NIKE sent --- Now, that could be totally different with APP ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

App74

Unread post by App74 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:47 am

I support the white block A.

1. Logo rule #1 : Consistency. The white block A is everywhere in the stadium including on the field. Therefore, having a different color scheme on the helmet violates this Marketing 101 principle.

2. The white block A was on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:16 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
asu66 wrote:

I have no knowledge of how APP does the unis however I do have an example that I personally know about - I have a very close friend who is a major college head coach - I specifically asked him 2 years ago (he's in P5) if he had any say so in his team's new unis? - (I wasn't crazy about them) and he said NO - that it was in their deal with NIKE and his guys wore what NIKE sent --- Now, that could be totally different with APP ---
Pretty sure it's the same with App. I believe we wear what Nike provides, and I don't think we are charged for the alt unis.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:50 pm

appst89 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
asu66 wrote:

Pretty sure it's the same with App. I believe we wear what Nike provides, and I don't think we are charged for the alt unis.
I know that under Moore, most of the helmets were the Shutt brand.
Google SUX

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:59 pm

NewApp wrote:
appst89 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
asu66 wrote:

I know that under Moore, most of the helmets were the Shutt brand.
Wasn't talking about helmets. Was specifically replying to WV's comment about uniforms.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Sorry 89, I was reading the quote which was embedded in the same box as yours. The thread title was "Helmets."
Last edited by NewApp on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Google SUX

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:56 pm

If you want to be my helmet decal it don't matter if you're black or white.

Is this thread 302 on this, or did I miss a few?
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:33 pm

After looking at a recent practice pic of Kidd Brewer, we also need to bring back the black end zones. Black APPALACHIAN in one and MOUNTAINEERS in the other. The current calligraphy look is weak.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:36 pm

yosef95 wrote:After looking at a recent practice pic of Kidd Brewer, we also need to bring back the black end zones. Black APPALACHIAN in one and MOUNTAINEERS in the other. The current calligraphy look is weak.
YES.

I also think a black end zone with APP in yellow letters and STATE in white would look good. Either would be much better than the current look.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:20 am

MODS,

Could we devote a sticky thread to the helmet decals and one to black endzones? It would certainly help reduce the number of threads discussing/complaining about the same subjects. The bandwidth tied up in the same, recurring discussions must be enormous. Thanks!

Best Regards,

ASUMountaineer
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:26 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:MODS,

Could we devote a sticky thread to the helmet decals and one to black endzones? It would certainly help reduce the number of threads discussing/complaining about the same subjects. The bandwidth tied up in the same, recurring discussions must be enormous. Thanks!

Best Regards,

ASUMountaineer
Make one for Bar-B-Que as well.
Google SUX

Dmanuhone

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:29 am

I am for black endzones and the white background block A.
Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”