Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Vegas line for USA

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Vegas line for USA

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:33 pm

The line opened with South Alabama a 7 point favorite. It has been bet down to 5.5.

AppinVA

Re: Vegas line for USA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:26 pm

Yeah I can see why. I'd be all over that at 7.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:27 pm

For which side?

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Sorry. I can see why it's down to 5.5. I'd be all over App to cover at 7.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:46 pm

The betting public agrees with you. There must of been good action on App to get it down to 5.5. Honestly, with these two offenses, I wouldn't feel good laying points with either team as the favorite.

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:02 pm

This is gonna be a close one. Whichever team makes the fewest mistakes (penalties, turnovers) will win. Can we be more effective in the red zone? Will the special teams kill us? I like our chances to cover but not sure about an outright win.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:40 am

AppAttack wrote:This is gonna be a close one. Whichever team makes the fewest mistakes (penalties, turnovers) will win. Can we be more effective in the red zone? Will the special teams kill us? I like our chances to cover but not sure about an outright win.
If it is going to be the team with the fewest mistakes that wins, it doesn't bode well for App. The one consistent thing I have seen from this team over the past 2 seasons is mistakes, lots and lots of mistakes (in every imaginable manner). Hopefully that trend ends this Saturday but I have serious doubts.

luvyosef

Unread post by luvyosef » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:44 pm

We're due to get our 1st FBS win as an FBS member. App 27 USA 23.
Appalachian State University (Excellence since 1899)

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:29 pm

The line is down to 3.5.

AppState2014

Unread post by AppState2014 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:00 am

t4pizza wrote:
AppAttack wrote:This is gonna be a close one. Whichever team makes the fewest mistakes (penalties, turnovers) will win. Can we be more effective in the red zone? Will the special teams kill us? I like our chances to cover but not sure about an outright win.
If it is going to be the team with the fewest mistakes that wins, it doesn't bode well for App. The one consistent thing I have seen from this team over the past 2 seasons is mistakes, lots and lots of mistakes (in every imaginable manner). Hopefully that trend ends this Saturday but I have serious doubts.
And yet, knowing all this, most of our message board is picking a win. If we do win, it will be due to the fact we don't commit many mistakes. I still say if this team is well coached and we don't make stupid mistakes we have enough talent to have won 6 or 7 games on this schedule. We have already lost 2 of those games I believed we could win. Hopefully we play smarter this weekend but it's hard to project we will until we show signs of being able to. We have 5 possible wins left on the schedule. This is one of those games due to us playing at home. Come on Apps, no penalties and let's finally get this train rolling!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:03 am

2014, no one was counting GS as a win, especially after the GT and USA games.

Based upon what I read preseason, people were predicting the following wins at the beginning of the season:

Campbell - all
Liberty - almost all
GA St. - almost all
Idaho - most
S. Miss - slightly more than half
GS - half
Troy - less than half
ULM - fewer
USA - even fewer
Ark St. - a couple said we had a shot
ULL - none
Michigan - one

Since that time GS's stock has risen the most, while Troy's has taken a hit.

This game is going to be tough to win, possible, but we'll have to play the whole game like we played the second quarter vs. GS.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Saint3333 wrote:2014, no one was counting GS as a win, especially after the GT and USA games.

Based upon what I read preseason, people were predicting the following wins at the beginning of the season:

Campbell - all
Liberty - almost all
GA St. - almost all
Idaho - most
GS - half
Troy - less than half
ULM - fewer
USA - even fewer
ULL - none
Michigan - one

This game is going to be tough to win, possible, but we'll have to play the whole game like we played the second quarter vs. GS.
Our biggest issue under Satterfield is that we spot teams 10, 14, and 17 point leads before we even open up the playbook. USM we were down 14-0, GSU 17-0, A&T 21-6, Furman 14-3, etc. It has been a problem in the Satterfield era. The players and coaches need to come out hair on fire ready to go. Running the ball up the middle on first down the first 4 or 5 series is not gonna cut it.

That is my biggest issue with this team. Mistakes happen but constantly digging yourself a hole is something that has to be corrected. I do not care who you are. If you constantly have an issue with slow starts it is really tough to win.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Saint3333 wrote:2014, no one was counting GS as a win, especially after the GT and USA games.

Campbell - all
Liberty - almost all
GA St. - almost all
Idaho - most
GS - half
Troy - less than half
ULM - fewer
USA - even fewer
ULL - none
Michigan - one

I'm with you on this Saint. This summer most everyone thought 4-6 wins was realistic for us this year. Now one month into the season and everyone believes we should be 3-1 with only a close loss to Michigan. I don't understand why so many fans expectations changed all of a sudden.
Last edited by JTApps1 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:25 pm

JTApps1 wrote:

Campbell - all
Liberty - almost all
GA St. - almost all
Idaho - most
GS - half
Troy - less than half
ULM - fewer
USA - even fewer
ULL - none
Michigan - one

I'm with you on this saint. This summer most everyone thought 4-6 wins was realistic for us this year. Now one month into the season and everyone believes we should be 3-1 with only a close loss to Michigan. I don't understand why so many fans expectations changed all of a sudden.
I think if we're being honest, people find it harder to be patient with App when they see Ga. Southern playing so well. I think most of us expected to take some lumps this year, we just expected them to be in the same boat (and media projections underscored that).

In reality, I would actually say we're about where many fans expected in relation to most of the Sun Belt. It's just that Southern is turning out to be what ULL was supposed to be.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:41 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:

Campbell - all
Liberty - almost all
GA St. - almost all
Idaho - most
GS - half
Troy - less than half
ULM - fewer
USA - even fewer
ULL - none
Michigan - one

I'm with you on this saint. This summer most everyone thought 4-6 wins was realistic for us this year. Now one month into the season and everyone believes we should be 3-1 with only a close loss to Michigan. I don't understand why so many fans expectations changed all of a sudden.
I think if we're being honest, people find it harder to be patient with App when they see Ga. Southern playing so well. I think most of us expected to take some lumps this year, we just expected them to be in the same boat (and media projections underscored that).

In reality, I would actually say we're about where many fans expected in relation to most of the Sun Belt. It's just that Southern is turning out to be what ULL was supposed to be.
Bingo

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Listen and you've heard this already. GSU lost a heartbreaker to NCSU who put up 40 points on FSU and then took GaTech to the wire. GSU is very good. We've lost to a mediocre Michigan and Southern Miss team and mistakes killed up with SoMiss. GSU is just better and hungrier right now. No shame is loosing to a very solid team. Besides we were due after winning 11 out of the last 16 games against them.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:19 pm

BTW, line is all the way down to USA -3.5 or -3, depending on the source.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Goapps15 wrote:

Campbell - all
Liberty - almost all
GA St. - almost all
Idaho - most
GS - half
Troy - less than half
ULM - fewer
USA - even fewer
ULL - none
Michigan - one

Our biggest issue under Satterfield is that we spot teams 10, 14, and 17 point leads before we even open up the playbook. USM we were down 14-0, GSU 17-0, A&T 21-6, Furman 14-3, etc. It has been a problem in the Satterfield era. The players and coaches need to come out hair on fire ready to go. Running the ball up the middle on first down the first 4 or 5 series is not gonna cut it.

That is my biggest issue with this team. Mistakes happen but constantly digging yourself a hole is something that has to be corrected. I do not care who you are. If you constantly have an issue with slow starts it is really tough to win.
Coach can only open up the playbook if the team is executing the wider variety of plays in practice. From what I've heard, some of these plays look like a Chinese Fire Drill in practice. (spare me the PC)
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Listen and you've heard this already. GSU lost a heartbreaker to NCSU who put up 40 points on FSU and then took GaTech to the wire. GSU is very good. We've lost to a mediocre Michigan and Southern Miss team and mistakes killed up with SoMiss. GSU is just better and hungrier right now. No shame is loosing to a very solid team. Besides we were due after winning 11 out of the last 16 games against them.

Michigan is not mediocre by Sun Belt standards, IMOp.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”