Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Call to action- Appalachian Football

huskie3
School: Appalachian State

Re: Call to action- Appalachian Football

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:50 am

Funny story:
I too am what many of you classify as a "dud" coach. I was getting it from parents and some players for not supporting the team by chewing on refs. So I walk on the field and start waving my arms and stomping my feet, all the while telling the ref what a good job he is doing and I am just putting on a show for the parents and players. The good ref says "Glad to help you with the show coach, here is 15 for unsportsmanlike conduct". Player execution didn't improve but at least it kept the parents quiet for rest of game. :D
Bring Your A Game!

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:51 am

APPARJ wrote:
appbio91 wrote:Satt stands on the sidelines with his arms crossed most of the time. He is a dud. We had plenty of fire on the sideline when AE was there. Sean Elliot had no problem bringing the heat when needed. Think whatever you want but when Lamb ditched that last pass out of the endzone 90% of head coaches would have met him on the field and coached him. No one did. He came over squatted and put his head down. We are flat. Not our only problem, I agree fully this is transition and we would probably still be losing if we had coaches breathing fire on the sidelines.
Yeah, coach Satt! Stop crossing your arms!!!
Finally, someone with a brain....

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:18 pm

Oh the irony...

From the GSU board:

26th September 2014, 08:16 AM
Default Re: Appy player taunts student section...we let him have it
It is not so much the fans that I hate, its the App team and coaches. Both are so disrespectful during the game either with cheap shots or towards the fans. I especially can't stand how App's coaches get so overly excited when they have a good play or TD.

MJ1988

Unread post by MJ1988 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:57 pm

I don't think folks are asking for Satterfield or any of our coaches to "rant and rave", we just want to see some intensity. I for one am sick and tired of all of this talk about being good in 2015. If your not working as hard a possible to be good now, how are your going to be good in 2015. My parking spot is the very first spot the team passes on the way to the stadium. Many of the players wear headphones so its hard to talk to them but I do try to encourage the coaches as they pass by. Last year as they passed by for the Charleston Southern game I asked, "who's house is it coach". It took me asking that question 4 times before Woody finally turned around and with a smirk on his face gave a very weak, "our house". I'm a graduate, a former player, a fan and a Yosef Club member and for my taste this staff lacks passion.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:10 pm

You don't have to react demonstratively to get the attention of your players. How many times have you seen a coach get in the face of a kid that just messed up and calmly talk to him and coach him up to make up for the next time?A leaders effectiveness can be measured by the followers. Followers of great leaders would rather be yelled at for bad behavior than be looked in the eye and be calmly told of disappointment.

MJ1988

Unread post by MJ1988 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 pm

I completely agree, any one of those coaches could have looked at me in the right way and whispered "our house" in the right way and made me a believer but none of them did. I don't see it and I haven't heard it and I'm not a believer. I could be, but I'm not.

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 pm

To label our coach a "dud" after seeing a brief clip or two of him with his arms folded is laughable. :roll:

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:50 pm

AppAttack wrote:To label our coach a "dud" after seeing a brief clip or two of him with his arms folded is laughable. :roll:
Glad I made someone laugh today. Hope you will check back tomorrow, maybe I will say something else funny.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:57 pm

All I was saying is watch the games. I don't think satt is a "dud" I would just like some intensity out of the coaches; for both fans and players. I can remember when Elliot was firey on the sidelines, the players believed and the fans reacted.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:31 pm

This thread is pretty ridiculous. Maybe he's just comfortable standing with his damn arms crossed, maybe his arms are only crossed for the maybe 1 full minute you see him on TV. If you really think the coaches arms being crossed prevent a team from playing better then I really don't know what to tell you, me nor anyone else here can help you. Please go elsewhere with this nonsense

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:32 pm

Guess some want Satt to be more like Woody Hayes....LOL

AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:03 am

boonetown1 wrote:I just wanted to start this thread as a topic for discussion regarding the passion our coaches bring to games. I'm not doubting our coaches will to win (as it is their job which they get paid fairly well for), but our team seems to come out flat and seem do not seem energized on the sidelines throughout the games recently. With the exception of stepp there are no coaches that bring that "appalachian" fire.

Personally, I would like to see us as fans call the coaches out on this. I'm sure others might not feel the same way. What do you guys think? Is this worth calling the coaches out on?

We DO need a call to action this weekend, but it's us fans that need to get in the action. We can and should provide the spark they need to get this game started. GaSo's crowd was extremely energized and got them going early last week. All of our people need to be in their seats early enough to honor Coach Moore and then to really have this team fired up. It's up to you and me to get it going. Be loud APP Nation, be loud!

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:11 am

Just wait. We'll get em next season!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:48 am

AppState89 wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:Your assessment of his temperament is accurate. He is a former QB, the good ones weren't emotional and typically don't make emotional coaches.

I can't grade Scott's head coaching ability with only 16 games in a rebuilding environment while making the jump from the FCS to FBS.

Even if he wins 5 more games this year I'd still give him an incomplete. We are going to need to see three if not four seasons of results to measure him in this situation.

BINGO Saint......100% true..
While I might agree with this sentiment, I can't help but wonder if SS will get a 4th year if things don't improve the remainder of this season and next season. With a new AD coming in, if SS hasn't produced a winning team on the field by year 3, I doubt there will be much patience for a year 4. Most new ADs like to make their mark with their coaches. I'm not trying to start anything here, or call for any coaches head, I am just pointing out observations that I have of college football nowadays. Coaches with losing records and new ADs rarely last long.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:55 am

t4pizza wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:Your assessment of his temperament is accurate. He is a former QB, the good ones weren't emotional and typically don't make emotional coaches.

I can't grade Scott's head coaching ability with only 16 games in a rebuilding environment while making the jump from the FCS to FBS.

Even if he wins 5 more games this year I'd still give him an incomplete. We are going to need to see three if not four seasons of results to measure him in this situation.

BINGO Saint......100% true..
While I might agree with this sentiment, I can't help but wonder if SS will get a 4th year if things don't improve the remainder of this season and next season. With a new AD coming in, if SS hasn't produced a winning team on the field by year 3, I doubt there will be much patience for a year 4. Most new ADs like to make their mark with their coaches. I'm not trying to start anything here, or call for any coaches head, I am just pointing out observations that I have of college football nowadays. Coaches with losing records and new ADs rarely last long.
Needless to say, a lot depends on the new Chancellor as to who goes and who stays in any of our sports.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:57 am

MJ1988 wrote:I don't think folks are asking for Satterfield or any of our coaches to "rant and rave", we just want to see some intensity. I for one am sick and tired of all of this talk about being good in 2015. If your not working as hard a possible to be good now, how are your going to be good in 2015. My parking spot is the very first spot the team passes on the way to the stadium. Many of the players wear headphones so its hard to talk to them but I do try to encourage the coaches as they pass by. Last year as they passed by for the Charleston Southern game I asked, "who's house is it coach". It took me asking that question 4 times before Woody finally turned around and with a smirk on his face gave a very weak, "our house". I'm a graduate, a former player, a fan and a Yosef Club member and for my taste this staff lacks passion.
FTR, there were a couple or so hot heads who were calling for Satterfield's head.

Edit:iPhone I hit the wrong button.
Last edited by NewApp on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:00 am

Call to action................30K plus App fans to get behind this team and coaches this weekend at The Rock!!

Be there and be loud!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:40 am

SpeedkingATL wrote:Call to action................30K plus App fans to get behind this team and coaches this weekend at The Rock!!

Be there and be loud!
I agree. Losing sucks, and I hope we can get on the winning path this weekend, but I am going to enjoy every home game for what it is; a beautiful fall day, in Boone, tailgating, watching football, and spending time with friends and family. Win or lose, that's pretty cool.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 pm

SpeedkingATL wrote:Call to action................30K plus App fans to get behind this team and coaches this weekend at The Rock!!

Be there and be loud!
Exactly!

The only call to action needed is for everyone to get to KBS this Saturday to support our team in their first home FBS/Sun Belt game. It might be a little cold, but that is why they make coats.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:11 pm

It would also be nice to get off to a good start in a game. We have been horrendous in the first quarter this year. Been outscored 31-10. All ten of those points came against Campbell.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”