Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Question regarding App vs Ga State game

MDaniels84
School: Appalachian State

Question regarding App vs Ga State game

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Does anyone know if there is any TV coverage of the App/GaState game ? I know that it is not listed for ESPN 3 that week.

JROCK98

Re: Question regarding App vs Ga State game

Unread post by JROCK98 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Not sure about TV but I went over to the tickets section and it appears unless there is a glitch in the system that the game is almost a sell out already.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:26 pm

MDaniels84 wrote:Does anyone know if there is any TV coverage of the App/GaState game ? I know that it is not listed for ESPN 3 that week.
My understanding is that all games would "at least" be on ESPN3 --- Of course, as an old-head, my memory can fade --- ;)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AtlantaMountaineer

Unread post by AtlantaMountaineer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:48 pm

AppStateSports.com GameDay Central says the game is on ESPN3. I also believe all Sunbelt games are on atleast ESPN3

luvyosef

Unread post by luvyosef » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:12 pm

ESPN 3...again. Oh well, beats PBS. :lol:
Appalachian State University (Excellence since 1899)

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Despite their record, Ga. State has played some close games and this one concerns me more now than it did in August.

luvyosef

Unread post by luvyosef » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:19 pm

sixtoes9134 wrote:Despite their record, Ga. State has played some close games and this one concerns me more now than it did in August.
They gave South Alabama all they wanted. :shock:
Appalachian State University (Excellence since 1899)

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:28 pm

They play GaSo this Saturday so maybe the Eagles can keep them winless ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:59 pm

sixtoes9134 wrote:Despite their record, Ga. State has played some close games and this one concerns me more now than it did in August.

Same here. They've lost 3 games by 3 pts or less. They have shown gradual improvement and even though they only have one win (ACU), a case could be made that they are having their most competitive season so far.

GA Southern will destroy them most likely but I sure wish they'd win that one. It's like playing Russian roulette...who's gonna have the gun to their heads when it goes off and they finally get their first conference win! I hope we make real good use of the off week and do as great a job with the game plan and execution as we did at Troy.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:26 pm

I believe they also led University of Washington at halftime before running out of gas in the second half. Georgia Southern fans have been doing alot of trash talking about how they were going to destroy Georgia State, they better be careful, they look past them, they could lose. Personally I would love to see Georgia State beat GS, their fans are alittle more annoying this year then in the past, if that's possible.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:35 pm

I don't the GA St. fans ridiculed GS when they started football and then even more so when they joined the SBC the year before they did.

If you guys thought UNCC fans wer obnoxious GA St fans may have been worse. They will reap what they sow this weekend and hopefully the next two.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:53 pm

Did anybody else see USA play Ga State? They looked like a totally different team than the one we played. Their qb couldn't buy a completion.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:29 pm

JROCK98 wrote:Not sure about TV but I went over to the tickets section and it appears unless there is a glitch in the system that the game is almost a sell out already.
that would be a very pleasant surprise. man that would be sick. would be huge if we could have 25,000+ despite being 2-5, would show more commitment to this team than I previously believed there was.

as far as this game goes it's a game we should win on paper, but we'll have to play well to win this game. they have definitely made some strides this season. hopefully we'll have a good game plan, keep it on the ground

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:50 am

The game after a bye week always concerns me.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:57 am

AtlAppMan wrote:Did anybody else see USA play Ga State? They looked like a totally different team than the one we played. Their qb couldn't buy a completion.
It is his accuracy as mentioned before. He has an NFL body but accuracy suffers at times. Our scheme had him look better than he is. Pressure him and play up on the DBs and he isn't as effective.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:31 am

Saint3333 wrote:
AtlAppMan wrote:Did anybody else see USA play Ga State? They looked like a totally different team than the one we played. Their qb couldn't buy a completion.
It is his accuracy as mentioned before. He has an NFL body but accuracy suffers at times. Our scheme had him look better than he is. Pressure him and play up on the DBs and he isn't as effective.
People can say Troy was bad and they may be, but I still believe we have shot ourselves in the foot when we haven't played pressure on the Defensive side. When your secondary is weak, you can't give a QB (any QB) all dang day.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:53 am

luvyosef wrote:
I watched that game, South Alabama looked like a shell of the team that came to Boone. Not sure what that means, but hopefully it means they had an off night and luckily pulled out the win.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:04 am

diehardapp18 wrote:
JROCK98 wrote:Not sure about TV but I went over to the tickets section and it appears unless there is a glitch in the system that the game is almost a sell out already.
that would be a very pleasant surprise. man that would be sick. would be huge if we could have 25,000+ despite being 2-5, would show more commitment to this team than I previously believed there was.

as far as this game goes it's a game we should win on paper, but we'll have to play well to win this game. they have definitely made some strides this season. hopefully we'll have a good game plan, keep it on the ground
I looked at the ticket site this morning and counted 998 unsold tickets. Over 450 of those were tickets returned by GA. State. We've had a lot of people not show up the last few weeks so who knows how many will be in the stadium, but at least we are closing in on a sell out of actual seats.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 am

Maybe we'll finally get a break on the weather. I know it doesm't matter to me as I will be there regardless but the weather surely has kept some people away our first 3 home games.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:59 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:
luvyosef wrote:
I watched that game, South Alabama looked like a shell of the team that came to Boone. Not sure what that means, but hopefully it means they had an off night and luckily pulled out the win.
#funbelt

That's the best explanation I have.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”