Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bottom 25/10

BUTCH1991
School: Appalachian State

Bottom 25/10

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Glad to see us moving up/down? Hopefully out soon. We moved from 7 to 17.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... re-was-one

And completely out of the Bottom 10. Thank goodness.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -bottom-10

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: Bottom 25

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:04 pm

And we were "dumped" from the ESPN Bottom 10 --- :mrgreen:

1. SMU (0-6)
The Stangs came off the open date and reverted back to their pre-last-game offensive ways, falling to Cincinnati 41-3. Against ECU two weeks ago they scored 24 points. Against their other five opponents they've scored a total of nine. See? A Big 12 invite was never meant to be. I'm pretty sure their conference membership application requires that a team shows proof they can score 24 points in pre-game warmups. Or that they believe in the equation 10=XII.

2. Georgia State (Not Southern) (1-6)
The Panthers traded slaps with South Alabama, swapping the lead a half-dozen times before finally giving in and losing 30-27. Now comes that highly anticipated date at the Georgia Dome between Georgia State and Georgia Southern in the Peach State Moniker Mash Classic. When we threw a spotlight on that confusion in last week's rankings, multiple readers sent us a link to this public service announcement that was designed to set us all straight. Spoiler Alert: It was produced in Statesboro.

3. My Hammy of Ohio (1-7)
When both the Commonwealth of Mass and the State of Kent did the unthinkable and won on the same Saturday, there was admittedly a little panic in our hearts. Or maybe it was just heartburn. Were we looking at a Bottom 10 devoid of the MAC East? But then My Hammy surrendered 658 yards of offense to Northern Illinois, including 433 rushing, and became the first school not in trouble with the NCAA to have the dreaded "Not eligible for postseason" X added to their name on the ESPN.com conference standings page

4. Troy (1-6)
After losing to fellow Bottom 10'er Appy State 53-14, Trojans head coach Larry Blakeney said, "We got woodshedded. We didn't coach well enough and we damn sure didn't play well enough." And that, boys and girls, will be printed on our official Bottom 10 T-shirts. That will we will immediately shred up and use to wash our cars.

5. Texas A&M (5-3)
Mr. Grey, I mean, Mr. Saban, will see you now. Hey, when you're down 45-0 at the half, all you can do is embrace the pain.

6. Tulsa (1-6)
Confession time. I can't write anything about Tulsa without the song "Living on Tulsa Time" popping into my head. I think that was country legend Don Williams's second-best song. His best was "I've Got A Winner In You", which never pops into my head while writing the Bottom 10. Ever.

7. Vanderbilt (2-5)
The Dores edged out the Open Date University Fighting Byes, though sources tell me that Vandy still managed to use three different quarterbacks.

8. UConn (1-5)
The Huskies are ranked 127th, next-to-last in FBS, when it comes to points scored per game. Their opponent this weekend, American Athletic Conference of American Athletics rival East Carolina, is ranked 12th. So, that should go well.

9. Idaho (1-6)
Yes, as I said, the Vandals won. But whereas a win over New Mexico State might make you a winner, you aren't actually yet a winner.

10. Wake Forest (2-5)
WFU was housed by a two-win Syracuse team that was being led by a freshman quarterback making his first career start. The 30-7 loss was so bad that head coach Dave Clawson literally apologized to the fans in attendance. It's never a small accomplishment to be the worst football team on Tobacco Road, but the Deacs are it. And I'm including Elon.

Waiting List: Kansas (2-5), New Mexico State (2-6), Army (2-5), losing to a team with 119 yards of offense (Florida), losing a game when you had 611 yards of offense (Georgia Tech).
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

MAD Doctor

Re: Bottom 25/10

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Let's win a few more and maybe we won't have to hear that Appy State garbage. Wake can keep our spot.

luvyosef

Unread post by luvyosef » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:33 pm

"And I'm including Elon." LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Appalachian State University (Excellence since 1899)

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:52 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:Let's win a few more and maybe we won't have to hear that Appy State garbage. Wake can keep our spot.

The guy writes the column lives outside of Charlotte. He ought to know better

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:09 pm

appmaj wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:Let's win a few more and maybe we won't have to hear that Appy State garbage. Wake can keep our spot.

The guy writes the column lives outside of Charlotte. He ought to know better
He does know better - he's openly trolling us, just as he's trolling Ga. Southern fans by repeatedly pretending to mix them up with Ga. State.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:36 pm

The author of the Bottom 10 article, Ryan McGee, actually gave the commencement speech at my graduation from Appalachian in 2012. Glad to see that he's finally been promoted from just covering NASCAR to some really hard hitting stuff: the worst college football teams in the nation. :lol: He was nowhere near that snarky or memorable in his speech though so he might get to cover the Scripps National Spelling Bee if he keeps it up at this rate.

manonabuffalo

Unread post by manonabuffalo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:56 am

Appftw wrote:The author of the Bottom 10 article, Ryan McGee, actually gave the commencement speech at my graduation from Appalachian in 2012. Glad to see that he's finally been promoted from just covering NASCAR to some really hard hitting stuff: the worst college football teams in the nation. :lol: He was nowhere near that snarky or memorable in his speech though so he might get to cover the Scripps National Spelling Bee if he keeps it up at this rate.
I think he enjoys receiving pissed off emails or something, he mentions Ga Southern now every week just because of that. I guess we need to all start slamming his inbox for using "Appy".

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:05 pm

I sent him the following via email: It took us long enough to get people north of the Mason-Dixon Line to correctly pronounce Appalachian. Our of respect for those who read your contributions we would prefer Appalachian or App State. Appy State is not part of our vocabulary.

His email is rmcgeespn@yahoo.com

manonabuffalo

Unread post by manonabuffalo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:48 pm

Rekdiver wrote:I sent him the following via email: It took us long enough to get people north of the Mason-Dixon Line to correctly pronounce Appalachian. Our of respect for those who read your contributions we would prefer Appalachian or App State. Appy State is not part of our vocabulary.

For once we agree on something, I just sent him a note. It was titled: Cease and Desist. Should grab his eyes.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Stop emailing him. The more you email him about that, the longer he will refer to us as "Appy." Why do you think he keeps talking about Georgia Southern even though they're one of the best G5 teams in the country right now?

It's trolling 101. You two and your emails have now done more to ensure that App will appear on his weekly page than our W/L record. Way to go.

manonabuffalo

Unread post by manonabuffalo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Gonzo wrote:Stop emailing him. The more you email him about that, the longer he will refer to us as "Appy." Why do you think he keeps talking about Georgia Southern even though they're one of the best G5 teams in the country right now?

It's trolling 101. You two and your emails have now done more to ensure that App will appear on his weekly page than our W/L record. Way to go.
I already have four other friends sending emails too, oh noooooooo! He won't stop now! :roll:

manonabuffalo

Unread post by manonabuffalo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Rekdiver wrote:I sent him the following via email: It took us long enough to get people north of the Mason-Dixon Line to correctly pronounce Appalachian. Our of respect for those who read your contributions we would prefer Appalachian or App State. Appy State is not part of our vocabulary.

BTW his email is: mcgeespn@yahoo.com

I don't know how you had an "r" in there, but that address was undeliverable.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Gonzo...you of all people should be the last one to chastize anyone with all the inflammatory rhetoric you spew on other fan sites. I was politely asking this guy to please respect our name. If I see it again my next call will be to the President of ESPN. It will work just fine especially if he gets swamped with letters/ emails / phone calls. I will give everyone his number when that happens. I'm not letting some 2-bit hack at ESPN get away with this any more.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Gonzo...you of all people should be the last one to chastize anyone with all the inflammatory rhetoric you spew on other fan sites. I was politely asking this guy to please respect our name. If I see it again my next call will be to the President of ESPN. It will work just fine especially if he gets swamped with letters/ emails / phone calls. I will give everyone his number when that happens. I'm not letting some 2-bit hack at ESPN get away with this any more.
You may not like Gonzo, but he's right. Your angry emails let the writer know that what he's doing is successfully driving traffic to the site. And you can't possibly think the network president would get involved in this small of an issue, would you? He will never see your email. If you feel the need to go above the writer's head, at least know the right avenue to take and email the ombudsman.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Let me put this as clearly as possible: The reason he keeps calling us Appy State is BECAUSE people keep emailing him complaining about it. Don't believe me? Go back and look at some of the columns from earlier in the season. We were just "Appalachian State" then.

Heck, go look at his week 5 column - he devotes the entire intro to the hate mail he receives from various fan bases.

The guy isn't just trolling, he's openly telling you that he's trolling you. Don't fall for it.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Go read my note. It was polite and not angry. And it won't be a email. It will be a phone call and don't worry I know how to get to him. ESPN loves the advertising $ they get.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:20 am

Rekdiver wrote:Go read my note. It was polite and not angry. And it won't be a email. It will be a phone call and don't worry I know how to get to him. ESPN loves the advertising $ they get.
Hahahaha we have a better chance at being added to the SEC before you get John Skipper on the phone, especially for something so minute as to McGee referring to us as Appy State. He makes fun of the teams cause they're in the BOTTOM 10. Keep getting bent out of shape if you wish but you are wasting your time bud.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:49 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:Go read my note. It was polite and not angry. And it won't be a email. It will be a phone call and don't worry I know how to get to him. ESPN loves the advertising $ they get.
Hahahaha we have a better chance at being added to the SEC before you get John Skipper on the phone, especially for something so minute as to McGee referring to us as Appy State. He makes fun of the teams cause they're in the BOTTOM 10. Keep getting bent out of shape if you wish but you are wasting your time bud.
Might as well call Mickey Mouse

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:54 am

Gonzo wrote:Stop emailing him. The more you email him about that, the longer he will refer to us as "Appy." Why do you think he keeps talking about Georgia Southern even though they're one of the best G5 teams in the country right now?

Gonzo is right, the best way to handle this is to bust his Arse next time he is on local sports talk radio. Call in and embarass him

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”