Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

IT'S WAKE FOREST.... 2017

appgrad

Re: IT'S WAKE FOREST.... 2017

Unread post by appgrad » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:16 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
proasu89 wrote:Maybe not with certainty, but I suspect even Chollie could have made this no brainer happen.
But don't you find it telling that Cobb had 10 years to make a Wake-App game happen and couldn't. Then, two months after he leaves, it magically does?
I hope you're just referring to a game with Wake in general... Because they weren't coming to Boone until we were fully FBS. Charlie gets at least partial credit for moving us up in that case.

Either way, we played some pretty good FBS games under Charlie - State, Michigan, LSU, Florida, Georgia, ECU twice, VT, etc.

Probably helped too that Satt and Clawson crossed paths in the '07 playoffs and later in the MAC.

Today is a reminder that these games are out there with Power 5 schools, we just have to find them.

Cincy App

Unread post by Cincy App » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 pm

JTApps1 wrote:Agreed. Its interesting to see after Cobb was pretty consistent saying we would play an FCS at home each year. Maybe he underestimated the level of interest teams would have in coming to Boone.
I still expect an FCS opponent most years. I still think it's our expectation to schedule 6 home games a year while having a road money game. From a budgetary perspective, the Wake series is simply a more attractive home and home series where the home team keeps its home gate. The one road money game will need an offsetting FCS home game to keep us at 6 home games in most years. Regardless, I'm still thrilled to have Wake coming to Boone!

Flounder
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Flounder » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:48 am

AppinVA wrote:
Flounder wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
Flounder wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:Moving up has its benefits.

Just take a look at Western's garbage schedule this season and let me know if you miss being in the SoCon.
Yes, I do.
Your name could be Flounder in a Fishbowl. :lol:
He made a declarative statement and asked for a response.

I responded in the affirmative.

That's all.
Just funnin' you a little 'tis all.
Certainly NO offense taken, whatsoever!!!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:10 am

Saint3333 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
TheMoody1 wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:Where are naysayers who said we would never get a P5 school in Boone? Just about every thing these folks said would never happen as already taken place and its only year 1!

I never understood the naysayers when there were lots of G5 schools that were already getting home and homes with P5's. I guess they have an inferiority complex.
I honestly believe that had more to do with those who were saying UNC, VT, Clemson would be coming to The Rock in the near future ---
With all due respect that is BS. There were quite a few posters that claimed we couldn't get a P5 program to Boone. Not saying it was you and I'd rather not call out those posters, but it was said by at least two members which I clearly remember debates with them this past summer.
Not quite sure what you are calling BS on? - are you saying that some - and possibly myself - said we'd never get a P5 team to Boone? - not even WF? ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:39 am

WV I'm not saying you posted it, but others did.

They said until we expanded we would never see a P5 school in Boone.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:51 am

Saint3333 wrote:WV I'm not saying you posted it, but others did.

Gotcha --- I did go back and scan some posts because I could have possibly said something like that a couple of years ago - don't think I did, at least in regards to WF and possibly some other low-tier P5
I did find this one from someone we all know and love - ;)

"But we have to get rid of the track and add some seats before the home with Wake & ECU part comes around. "
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:21 am

Is App the only BCS school that has a track around the football field? Not the biggest deal in the world but if we want to be bigtime we need to continue to look bigtime. One poster asked whether we miss the SoCon and use the WCU as an example. I have to admit, I was mixed for years but now I am completely onboard with the move. Even though we will probably never compete for a national championship does that really matter? I will never forget the weeks following the Michigan win- wearing every App shirt I could find and having strangers congratulate me like I actually had something to do with the win. That was really cool. I also recall the feeling I had watching our next game. I think we played Lenoir Rhyne. The feeling was that we really had some crappy home games and wondering if there would ever come a day when our team would play a significant program at the Rock. I hope we continue to build our program, enhance the stadium and get to a level that we all expect. Go APPS!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:26 am

Nevada has a track around their stadium. Boise does as well. I believe both have plans to remove them. There might be one or two more.

Amazing how all it took was changing the C to B to get Wake Forest coming up the mountain.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:27 am

WVAPPeer wrote:

Gotcha --- I did go back and scan some posts because I could have possibly said something like that a couple of years ago - don't think I did, at least in regards to WF and possibly some other low-tier P5

"But we have to get rid of the track and add some seats before the home with Wake & ECU part comes around. "
Alert! Dub is having a senior moment!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:38 am

App91 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:

Alert! Dub is having a senior moment!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, hey.....senior moments are starting to come into my life....it is scary :o

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:46 am

bigdaddyg wrote:Is App the only BCS school that has a track around the football field? Not the biggest deal in the world but if we want to be bigtime we need to continue to look bigtime. One poster asked whether we miss the SoCon and use the WCU as an example. I have to admit, I was mixed for years but now I am completely onboard with the move. Even though we will probably never compete for a national championship does that really matter? I will never forget the weeks following the Michigan win- wearing every App shirt I could find and having strangers congratulate me like I actually had something to do with the win. That was really cool. I also recall the feeling I had watching our next game. I think we played Lenoir Rhyne. The feeling was that we really had some crappy home games and wondering if there would ever come a day when our team would play a significant program at the Rock. I hope we continue to build our program, enhance the stadium and get to a level that we all expect. Go APPS!

I did not make the trip to Troy last week but did notice that they have a track around their field as well if I am not mistaken.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:16 am

Duke still has a track but they do have plans to remove it in the next 2 years ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:14 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:Duke still has a track but they do have plans to remove it in the next 2 years ---
They also have the money to do it.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:08 pm

bcoach wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:Duke still has a track but they do have plans to remove it in the next 2 years ---
They also have the money to do it.
Yep!!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

IGgreer

Unread post by IGgreer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Beasley is a closer
Cobb was a poser

~IG Greer

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:25 pm

IGgreer wrote:Beasley is a closer
Cobb was a poser

~IG Greer

Where is IG with yet another Cobb bash......oh wait here it is. Dude he is gone, move on.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:25 pm

I'll admit I have been one to say we need to expand to get P5 teams to Boone (I'm glad I was wrong on this with Wake but still think we need to expand in the future for these teams), but several others said we would NEVER get a P5 school. They said the pro FBS crowd were delusional to think we could get those teams to come to lil old App State.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

App91

Unread post by App91 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:34 pm

Let's be honest that Weak is probably the lowest P5 school. They matter more to us because of the history and will help fill the stands, but BARELY a P5 program. Maybe when UNC is coming off the Death penalty they will come up from the hill

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:08 pm

App91 wrote:Let's be honest that Weak is probably the lowest P5 school. They matter more to us because of the history and will help fill the stands, but BARELY a P5 program. Maybe when UNC is coming off the Death penalty they will come up from the hill
Are you seriously trying to make light of this? This is a home and home (not a 2 for one or contract that has a neutral site) versus an in state P5 program.

I challenge you to find another G5 program that was able to set up an in-state true home and home vs a P5 program their first year on transitioning.

Unbelievable.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:14 pm

App91 wrote:Let's be honest that Weak is probably the lowest P5 school. They matter more to us because of the history and will help fill the stands, but BARELY a P5 program. Maybe when UNC is coming off the Death penalty they will come up from the hill
Sorry we couldn't lock up that series with Bama for you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”