Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

IT'S WAKE FOREST.... 2017

WataugaMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: IT'S WAKE FOREST.... 2017

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:14 am

EastHallApp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:Whatever their relative prestige, dozens of teams around the country (and their fans) begin the season with an FCS national championship as their goal. I wonder how many open practice dreaming of winning the GoDaddy.com Bowl?
As the college football landscape keeps changing, I foresee in the coming years an FBS (G5) national championship playoff. I've been hearing rumors about it already. We made the correct move.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:07 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:Anyone who looks at the current membership in the SoCon and bemoans our departure has a far different set of expectations for our athletic programs than I do.
Again, can you show me anyone who bemoans not being in the current SoCon? I'm guessing you have read the earlier posts? Personally, I don't remember anyone saying that? :?
Anyone who argued against our move to the SunBelt was implicitly arguing to stay in the SoCon. The choice was SunBelt or SoCon. There were no other choices. What's your point?

And as I have said throughout the process, I think we have fans who place far too much emphasis on the post-season, and not enough emphasis on the regular season schedule. I enjoyed the playoffs and I enjoyed all three national championships (I was fortunate enough to get to Chattanooga for all three). Been there...done that...time to move on to another challenge.

"He not busy being born is busy dying."
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:28 am

WataugaMan wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:Whatever their relative prestige, dozens of teams around the country (and their fans) begin the season with an FCS national championship as their goal. I wonder how many open practice dreaming of winning the GoDaddy.com Bowl?
As the college football landscape keeps changing, I foresee in the coming years an FBS (G5) national championship playoff. I've been hearing rumors about it already. We made the correct move.
I have seen some speculation of that too. Of course then we'd be back to not "playing at the highest level" or playing "big boy football," so again there's a tradeoff.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:32 am

Not to be a jackwagon, but where were all these playoff loving App fans during our first round home exits to Nova and Illinois State. I remember being there and there were likely less that 16K at either game. I would expect a much better turnout for games against Wake; or Wyoming or SoMiss.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 am

EastHallApp wrote:
WataugaMan wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
I have seen some speculation of that too. Of course then we'd be back to not "playing at the highest level" or playing "big boy football," so again there's a tradeoff.
Is FBS and "above" considered "big boy football", or is it only BCS? As previously stated, the landscape is changing. With our move to FBS we will probably be considered second tier. If we had stayed where we were, then 3rd tier would be our status.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14 am

SpeedkingATL wrote:Not to be a jackwagon, but where were all these playoff loving App fans during our first round home exits to Nova and Illinois State. I remember being there and there were likely less that 16K at either game. I would expect a much better turnout for games against Wake; or Wyoming or SoMiss.
Hell man - those were GREAT CROWDS - where were you for the Maine game back in 2002? - there was about 3500 of us there - TOTAL !!!
I would say if the Idaho game on Thanksgiving weekend draws a better crowd that the playoff days then you have your answer ---
Also remember we had almost 32k for Elon, over 30k twice for WCU, over 30k for Montana, over 30k for Wofford and JACKSONVILLE --- WF certainly will break the all-time records if everything goes to plan but just don't see these others topping the previous totals - AND, I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE MOVE UP - I'm totally on-board just trying to be factual ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:40 am

Appsolutely wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:Anyone who looks at the current membership in the SoCon and bemoans our departure has a far different set of expectations for our athletic programs than I do.
Again, can you show me anyone who bemoans not being in the current SoCon? I'm guessing you have read the earlier posts? Personally, I don't remember anyone saying that? :?
Anyone who argued against our move to the SunBelt was implicitly arguing to stay in the SoCon. The choice was SunBelt or SoCon. There were no other choices. What's your point?

And as I have said throughout the process, I think we have fans who place far too much emphasis on the post-season, and not enough emphasis on the regular season schedule. I enjoyed the playoffs and I enjoyed all three national championships (I was fortunate enough to get to Chattanooga for all three). Been there...done that...time to move on to another challenge.

Just don't believe you understand what myself and a couple of others are saying --- :?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:43 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:

Just don't believe you understand what myself and a couple of others are saying --- :?
That is because they don't want to understand. They just want you to be wrong.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:45 am

Saint3333 wrote:I have no reason to believe it would not have. I was told before the season by more than one "insider" we had a deal in principal with an ACC school, the dates were the only pending item.

Charlie, Rick and Jay all deserve credit for this.

Saint, this post is not meant directly at you, but just folks in general. "Some" insiders also relayed that we were a "shoe in" for admittance to Conference USA. Much to most all of our chagrin, we know how that turned out.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:47 am

bcoach wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:

RP
Google SUX

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:53 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:

OK, I'll give it my best shot. What exactly are you saying?
And another question, why are you taking this so personally? Have you been specifically pointed out in a post as being "wrong?"
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:59 am

No,I am not taking this personal - not in the least - I have just posted several times over the last week what my feelings were and I guess I think everyone reads them all so I'm only saying that I have made it clear and anyone who wants to know how I feel can check my posts - Hey - and you didn't answer my question about attendance
:shock:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:00 am

bcoach wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:

I have a problem with people that "don't want to understand." I also have a problem who people who can't admit that they may have been wrong.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:01 am

WVAPPeer wrote:No,I am not taking this personal - not in the least - I have just posted several times over the last week what my feelings were and I guess I think everyone reads them all so I'm only saying that I have made it clear and anyone who wants to know how I feel can check my posts - Hey - and you didn't answer my question about attendance
I don't think the attendance question you asked was directed at me.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:19 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
SpeedkingATL wrote:Not to be a jackwagon, but where were all these playoff loving App fans during our first round home exits to Nova and Illinois State. I remember being there and there were likely less that 16K at either game. I would expect a much better turnout for games against Wake; or Wyoming or SoMiss.
Hell man - those were GREAT CROWDS - where were you for the Maine game back in 2002? - there was about 3500 of us there - TOTAL !!!
I would say if the Idaho game on Thanksgiving weekend draws a better crowd that the playoff days then you have your answer ---
Also remember we had almost 32k for Elon, over 30k twice for WCU, over 30k for Montana, over 30k for Wofford and JACKSONVILLE --- WF certainly will break the all-time records if everything goes to plan but just don't see these others topping the previous totals - AND, I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE MOVE UP - I'm totally on-board just trying to be factual ---
All of those crowds were before the recession really took hold of this country and we were winning 10+ games a year. Everyone loves a winner and the bandwagon fans were flocking to KBS. Once we start winning conference championships, going to bowls, and hosting these name team we will not only go back to those levels but beyond. If we have a good start to next year I imagine we will be pushing 30k or more for GS, ULL, and Ark State.

Even for this week with a bad record, a bad opponent, and very cold snowy weather we are down to around 400 tickets left. That's with GSU selling very few tickets.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:36 am

JT, lets just keep our fingers crossed that 90% so to speak of those ticket holders actually show up for the game despite the "iffy" weather Saturday!
Google SUX

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:38 am

JTApps1 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
All of those crowds were before the recession really took hold of this country and we were winning 10+ games a year. Everyone loves a winner and the bandwagon fans were flocking to KBS. Once we start winning conference championships, going to bowls, and hosting these name team we will not only go back to those levels but beyond. If we have a good start to next year I imagine we will be pushing 30k or more for GS, ULL, and Ark State.

Even for this week with a bad record, a bad opponent, and very cold snowy weather we are down to around 400 tickets left. That's with GSU selling very few tickets.
I agree with all you are saying JT and it goes more to your points as well - we had 30k for Jacksonville, Wofford, WCU twice, and Elon - NO NAME TEAMS to say the least - I think the Montana game could be an indicator of things in the future and they were A NAME TEAM at that time coming to The Rock --- I don't see us picking up much crowd from our conference opponents like we did before - minus GaSo
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:40 am

I have a problem with people that "don't want to understand." I also have a problem who people who can't admit that they may have been wrong.[/quote]

Who was wrong and what were they wrong about?

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:42 am

WVAPPeer wrote: I don't see us picking up much crowd from our conference opponents like we did before - minus GaSo
Other than WCU I have to laugh a this comment.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:43 am

Appsolutely wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:No,I am not taking this personal - not in the least - I have just posted several times over the last week what my feelings were and I guess I think everyone reads them all so I'm only saying that I have made it clear and anyone who wants to know how I feel can check my posts - Hey - and you didn't answer my question about attendance
I don't think the attendance question you asked was directed at me.
Yes you are right - I was wrong --- ;)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”