Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

IT'S WAKE FOREST.... 2017

JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Re: IT'S WAKE FOREST.... 2017

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:01 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
ASUPATCH wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote: I don't see us picking up much crowd from our conference opponents like we did before - minus GaSo
Other than WCU I have to laugh a this comment.
First yes outside or Western no one else really brought that many. Secondly.....who cares......more room for MOUNTAINEERS.
Because it was a discussion about attendance - opponent fans count as attendance

I wasn't including visiting fans in my comment since many of our conference mates have to travel long distances. We will have more fans though to see the better teams that are coming to KBS.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:08 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
If you wanna watch playoffs, high school playoffs should be starting soon --which was essentially the level of talent in FCS. Be our guest and keep watching subpar football brotha man

Probably one of the most ill-informed absurd comments ever on this board!!! :(
I don't think saying FCS talent is inferior is absurd in any way. and definitely not one of the most absurd on this board considering there are people arguing FCS over FBS which in itself is lunacy. Now that you've got me started this is what I meant by "embarrassing" in previous posts. We just announced a home and home with Wake and an opener with PENN STATE, non of which would have happened while in FCS. The fact people are still up here arguing against the move and bashing the program over a couple losses is well....embarrassing
- The absurd part was equating FCS with high school talent level.

- If all people cared about was watching only the highest-quality football, they'd just watch the NFL and college football would just be a club sport.

- Penn State is exactly the kind of money game we played regularly when we were in FCS (see Michigan, LSU 2x, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Va. Tech).
We are just getting much more $$$ for these games now!
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:08 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:"If you wanna watch playoffs, high school playoffs should be starting soon --which was essentially the level of talent in FCS. Be our guest and keep watching subpar football brotha man"

?????????
I guess you guys aren't very schooled in the area of hyperbole but see above for an example. And EastHall: Yes,we played those money games regularly in the past as FCS but the shift to the committee has basically whiped those games out. P5 teams who want a shot at the top 4 will not be scheduling FCS teams anymore, that was a major deal over the summer. To another point you made, I don't know why you would want to watch a terrible product on the field and I will never understand that line of thought but hey, if you wanna watch it it's out there, just not at The Rock anymore. But like butch said this is a thread about playing wake right?
just not at The Rock anymore Are you for real? You can talk all you want about FBS and the future but that statement about our past is just stupid. No true fan of ASU football would ever degrade where we came from. We are only where we are today because of where we came from. That includes every ASU team and every team that ever played at the rock. You truly sound like those guys in baby blue.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:32 pm

Haha if you really want to twist my words in that way be my guest but in no way did I insult our past or history.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Man, it's been too long since we've played a game...

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:58 pm

Yosef10 wrote:Haha if you really want to twist my words in that way be my guest but in no way did I insult our past or history.
Looks like a direct quote to me

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:06 pm

bcoach wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:"If you wanna watch playoffs, high school playoffs should be starting soon --which was essentially the level of talent in FCS. Be our guest and keep watching subpar football brotha man"

?????????
I guess you guys aren't very schooled in the area of hyperbole but see above for an example. And EastHall: Yes,we played those money games regularly in the past as FCS but the shift to the committee has basically whiped those games out. P5 teams who want a shot at the top 4 will not be scheduling FCS teams anymore, that was a major deal over the summer. To another point you made, I don't know why you would want to watch a terrible product on the field and I will never understand that line of thought but hey, if you wanna watch it it's out there, just not at The Rock anymore. But like butch said this is a thread about playing wake right?
just not at The Rock anymore Are you for real? You can talk all you want about FBS and the future but that statement about our past is just stupid. No true fan of ASU football would ever degrade where we came from. We are only where we are today because of where we came from. That includes every ASU team and every team that ever played at the rock. You truly sound like those guys in baby blue.
No kidding Bcoach - this guy types out words and then claims he never said that???
Wow - what a joke :o :shock: :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:16 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
bcoach wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:

?????????
No kidding Bcoach - this guy types out words and then claims he never said that???
Yes I had to read it twice to make sure I was not dreaming.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:05 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
bcoach wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:

?????????
Dub, please do not confuse people with FACTS! Gets in the way of a good story.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:08 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
App91 wrote:
TheMoody1 wrote:Yep.
Brings another question, my tv is a smart tv (smarter than I am!) and has netflix on it, can I watch thru netflix?

Not quite sure I am following you. With the Netflix app on your smart TV the only thing you can watch is netflix. Now, if your smart TV has a Watch ESPN app you would be set. Otherwise, get the Chromecast and you can stream to your smart TV using your PC, smart phone, or tablet via the watch ESPN app.
Gotcha, that's what I thought. Smart TV does not have a flash player installed, so chromecast IS the way to go! Thanks for helping on that.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:10 am

?????????
Hey Yosef10 - you MIGHT have heard of some of these guys ???

The Sports Network 2013 All-FCS NFL Team

OFFENSE

Quarterback - *Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys (Eastern Illinois): 342-for-535, 3,828 yards, 31 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 96.7 passer rating

Running Back - Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants (Southern Illinois): 58 carries, 238 yards, 4 touchdowns; 2 receptions, 13 yards

Running Back - *Rashad Jennings, Oakland Raiders (Liberty): 163 carries, 733 yards, 6 touchdowns; 36 receptions, 292 yards

Fullback - *Mike Tolbert, Carolina Panthers (Coastal Carolina): 101 carries, 361 yards, 5 TDs; 27 receptions, 184 yards, 2 TDs

Wide Receiver - *Marquis Colston, New Orleans Saints (Hofstra): 75 receptions, 943 yards, 5 touchdowns

Wide Receiver - *Victor Cruz, New York Giants (Massachusetts): 73 receptions, 998 yards, 4 touchdowns

Tight End - Julius Thomas, Denver Broncos (Portland State): 65 receptions, 788 yards, 12 touchdowns

Tackle - *Austin Howard, New York Jets (Northern Iowa)

Tackle - *Michael Roos, Tennessee Titans (Eastern Washington)

Center - Evan Dietrich-Smith, Green Bay Packers (Idaho State)

Guard - *Dan Connolly, New England Patriots (Southeast Missouri State)

Guard - Chad Rinehart, San Diego Chargers (Northern Iowa)

DEFENSE

Defensive End - *Jared Allen, Minnesota Vikings (Idaho State): 52 tackles (33 solo), 11.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 6 passes defended

Defensive End - Kendall Langford, St. Louis Rams (Hampton): 49 tackles (36 solo), 5 sacks, 4 passes defended

Defensive Tackle - *Desmond Bryant, Cleveland Browns (Harvard): 31 tackles (20 solo), 3.5 sacks, 1 pass defended

Defensive Tackle - Jason Hatcher, Dallas Cowboys (Grambling State): 41 tackles (34 solo), 11 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 3 passes defended

Linebacker - Akeem Jordan, Kansas City Chiefs (James Madison): 68 tackles (54 solo), 2 forced fumbles

Linebacker - *Robert Mathis, Indianapolis Colts (Alabama A&M): 59 tackles (43 solo), 19.5 sacks, 8 force fumbles, 1 pass defended

Linebacker - Paul Worrilow, Atlanta Falcons (Delaware): 127 tackles (79 solo), 2 sacks, 2 passes defended

Cornerback - Cortez Allen, Pittsburgh Steelers (The Citadel): 51 tackles (44 solo), 2 interceptions, 13 passes defended

Cornerback - Kyle Arrington, New England Patriots (Hofstra): 62 tackles (48 solo), 2 sacks, 1 interception, 12 passes defended

Nickleback - Rashean Mathis, Detroit Lions (Bethune-Cookman): 47 tackles (44 solo), 16 passes defended

Safety - Antoine Bethea, Indianapolis Colts (Howard): 110 tackles (80 solo), 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery, 2 interceptions, 6 passes defended

Safety - James Ihedigbo, Baltimore Ravens (Massachusetts): 101 tackles (63 solo), 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 3 interceptions, 11 passes defended

SPECIAL TEAMS

Place-kicker - Dan Carpenter, Buffalo Bills (Montana): 33-of-36 field goals, 55 long, 32-of-32 extra points, 131 points

Punter - Sam Martin, Detroit Lions (Appalachian State): 72 punts, 47.2-yard average, 72 long, 22 inside 20

Return - Taiwan Jones, Oakland Raiders (Eastern Washington): 26 kickoff returns, 24-yard average, 41 long

Coverage - Justin Bethel, Arizona Cardinals (Presbyterian): 18 special teams tackles, 2 blocked field goals

Long Snapper - *Zak DeOssie, New York Giants (Brown)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:01 am

The war is over, put down your weapons and sign the treaty.

"From this day forward I will celebrate the successes of the past and get behind my favorite FBS program, Appalachian State, as they take on a new challenge."

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:07 am

Saint3333 wrote:The war is over, put down your weapons and sign the treaty."

:D

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:35 am

Saint3333 wrote:The war is over, put down your weapons and sign the treaty.

"From this day forward I will celebrate the successes of the past and get behind my favorite FBS program, Appalachian State, as they take on a new challenge."
You are correct Saint - it just irritates me when people make statements not backed up by reasonable thinking - much less facts!!! - Moose and I had a long discussion about that last night --- Some of our opinions may be wrong and everyone of us has been wrong about something but I have little regard for those who profess to know it all and actually know nothing ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:43 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:The war is over, put down your weapons and sign the treaty.

You are correct Saint - it just irritates me when people make statements not backed up by reasonable thinking - much less facts!!! - Moose and I had a long discussion about that last night --- Some of our opinions may be wrong and everyone of us has been wrong about something but I have little regard for those who profess to know it all and actually know nothing ---
RP
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”