Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

"Bell Cow" Overuse

kickass143
School: Appalachian State

"Bell Cow" Overuse

Unread post by kickass143 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Ok I admit I thought the term "bell cow" was clever and colorful when I first heard it being used by the football analyst on the numerous NFL shows. BUT...............I just finished watching some of the UNCC / JMU game and I swear I heard the announcers use it at least 7 times in just over two quarters of football. According to them a few running backs, a receiver or two, a defensive player and even a skinny qb was a "bell cow". The darn field was full of "bell cows". I was waiting for them to proclaim the water boy as a danged "bell cow". At one time the older sounding announcer called a player "cow bell" while digging to come up with his name (I'm being serious!) :lol:

mtnjax

Re: "Bell Cow" Overuse

Unread post by mtnjax » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:33 pm

i was at that game. the only cows i saw were the Chik-Fil-A cows on the sidelines

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:46 pm

mtnjax wrote:i was at that game. the only cows i saw were the Chik-Fil-A cows on the sidelines

OK, how bad is JMU; or has UNCC caught up with FCS football this freakin' fast?" I realize the game was played in SE Charlotte, but I thought JMU was a pretty solid squad. Now, I'm not certain what to make of this game!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:47 pm

mtnjax wrote:i was at that game. the only cows i saw were the Chik-Fil-A cows on the sidelines
The UNCC cheerleaders?

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:14 pm

asu66 wrote:

OK, how bad is JMU; or has UNCC caught up with FCS football this freakin' fast?" I realize the game was played in SE Charlotte, but I thought JMU was a pretty solid squad. Now, I'm not certain what to make of this game!
Probably a combo of both really. instead of getting blown out by bad/medicore FCS teams, UNCC is competitive with them now

JMU scored 21 pts in the 1st qtr, then their offense just went full potato for the rest of the half. Vad Lee is their QB now (former GT QB under Paul Johnson). Charlotte started shutting down their running game, but JMU still tried to run the QB to no avail and his accuracy on passes was crap. think App offense circa 2010/2011 under Brad Glenn/little Moore

UNCC had a couple of big play TDs on offense, but didn't really have many drives for TDs. basically, their RB (Phillips) and WR (Duke) are their offense

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:16 pm

kickass143 wrote:Ok I admit I thought the term "bell cow" was clever and colorful when I first heard it being used by the football analyst on the numerous NFL shows. BUT...............I just finished watching some of the UNCC / JMU game and I swear I heard the announcers use it at least 7 times in just over two quarters of football. According to them a few running backs, a receiver or two, a defensive player and even a skinny qb was a "bell cow". The darn field was full of "bell cows". I was waiting for them to proclaim the water boy as a danged "bell cow". At one time the older sounding announcer called a player "cow bell" while digging to come up with his name (I'm being serious!) :lol:
I've been thinking the same thing all season. It must have been the new buzz word introduced at the announcers summer meetings. Glad someone else noticed this as well1 :lol:
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:59 pm

I guess they had a feva and the only prescription was more "bell cow"! He! He!! :D

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:48 pm

kickass143 wrote:I guess they had a feva and the only prescription was more "bell cow"! He! He!! :D
Well played....very well played.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”