Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Vegas line for Ga State

asunewbie
School: Appalachian State

Re: Vegas line for Ga State

Unread post by asunewbie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:08 pm

My guess is that the line is creeping up is all due to the weather. A dome team that airs it out playing in freezing temps and blustery conditions never quite plays out well. Our ground game/ball security is the key to winning this week. Go App!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:27 pm

The now 1-4 inches of snow has to help us as well.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:47 pm

GS probably has best passing game in the SBC, but every other position, especially their defensive line is awful. With the potential of snow, 30 degree weather, and maybe most important, 30 mph winds, they can kiss their passing game good bye, with our running game, no way we should lose this game.

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:18 pm

I am worried a bit. We get one lopsided win (against a bad team) and we forget the problems we were having a few short weeks ago. One of our most glaring problems this season has been our secondary and pass defense. Until last week our corners were not matching up well with anyone's receivers and our def line was not getting enough push to put consistent pressure on QBs. I'm hoping that the inclement weather can keep Arbuckle grounded and save the game from being placed on the shoulders of our young secondary. If not, I agree with a previous poster expect a shootout with a bad team ala Liberty. Line is up to App -13.5 now. First time we've gotten points in awhile which is interesting. Give em hell.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:34 pm

MtnMan09 wrote:I am worried a bit. We get one lopsided win (against a bad team) and we forget the problems we were having a few short weeks ago. One of our most glaring problems this season has been our secondary and pass defense. Until last week our corners were not matching up well with anyone's receivers and our def line was not getting enough push to put consistent pressure on QBs. I'm hoping that the inclement weather can keep Arbuckle grounded and save the game from being placed on the shoulders of our young secondary. If not, I agree with a previous poster expect a shootout with a bad team ala Liberty. Line is up to App -13.5 now. First time we've gotten points in awhile which is interesting. Give em hell.
I agree that people seem to forget about the problems we were having. Funny how winning a ball game does that. Yes our secondary played better against Troy but we were going up against a RS Freshmen QB and an undersized OL. I don't think that it will be as easy this week though. But watch, if we lose or look bad against the pass this week, the tide will turn on the coaches again.

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:22 pm

I'm seeing a line as high as App -13.5 now...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”