Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State / GA State WX Trends - SNOWMAGEDDON BOWL

appbio91
School: Appalachian State

Re: App State / GA State WX Trends - SNOWMAGEDDON BOWL

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 am

There's always a couple idiots in their jacked up 4WD driving like A-holes when it snows. I know who they are now or at least what they are thinking. My 1991 Cherokee will get me there safely as long as these fools stay away from me. Also there are lots of kids on the road who have limited experience (to be read my daughter) so please don't be an ass even if you are the king of snow driving.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:47 am

ASUPATCH wrote:Scared wasn't directed toward you but rather those staying at home due to a little white stuff. Secondly yes the Florida plates was a joke there is a disproportionately high number of accident by Floridians. Lastly if you reread my messages you will see that I too told everyone to drive safely. Were on the same page.
Glad to know it. I want as many as possible to attend and I really just want people to be careful and safe. It only takes one idiot to ruin anyone's day. Honestly, later in the season it will be worse, as we'll be dealing with all the wonderful people coming up to ski from the flatlands who have no idea what they are doing. At least the slopes aren't open yet so no worries on those people. As I said I would much rather meet people at a tailgate spot than have to extricate them from a mangled wreck.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:08 am

ASUPATCH wrote:Scared wasn't directed toward you but rather those staying at home due to a little white stuff. Secondly yes the Florida plates was a joke there is a disproportionately high number of accident by Floridians. Lastly if you reread my messages you will see that I too told everyone to drive safely. Were on the same page.
It's easy to be an internet tough guy. Much tougher to account for the safety or your family while managing your passion for live, in-person App State football. I'm not concerned with the weather at the stadium, I'm concerned about the weather up and down the mountain. I'm not a pansy, I just choose to be reasonable and dwell in reality. You know, be a responsible adult and pansy-ish stuff like that. Of course, if that makes me a "pansy," then so be it.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:34 am

The guys that scare me are the ones who think that they are experts. ANYONE can have an accident in bad weather. It would only be a guess but that guess would be that I have driven 60-80 thousand miles in the snow over the years. last year in an all wheel vehicle doing 30 mph I went off the road. It happens. If the weather is really bad just remember it is only a game. If not drive careful and see you at THE ROCK. I have never met Moose and would like to, but not on the side of the road.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Speaking of stupid, April 1987 when I was a senior in HS I drove up the mountain in a 1976 Trans Am during the biggest snow I have ever seen. Why did I risk my life you ask, my girlfriend was waiting at the top.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:00 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:
It's easy to be an internet tough guy. Much tougher to account for the safety or your family while managing your passion for live, in-person App State football. I'm not concerned with the weather at the stadium, I'm concerned about the weather up and down the mountain. I'm not a pansy, I just choose to be reasonable and dwell in reality. You know, be a responsible adult and pansy-ish stuff like that. Of course, if that makes me a "pansy," then so be it.
Im just generally a tough guy I guess. Has nothing to do with being on the internet. I too have young children, 3 year old boy and a 7 month old daughter. I also dwell in reality, the reality being there will more than likely be little to no travel issues on major highways. The high country is far more adept at clearing roads than Charlotte or Greensboro or Atlanta. The weather is just a fun story for everyone to talk about this weekend. Makes for great news and fun water cooler talk but likely will be very anticlimactic like 99% of snows. I love how the word "pansy keeps getting thrown around like I said it.......cause I didn't.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:05 pm

question for you guys, with all this talk of who will show and who wont, give me your honest attendance prediction

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:11 pm

My internet tough guy face..............for the record.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:12 pm

moehler wrote:question for you guys, with all this talk of who will show and who wont, give me your honest attendance prediction
Due to the Halloween blizzard of 2014, Id say 16-18k.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:32 pm

If current traffic in Watauga County is any indication, I'd say about 45,000.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:36 pm

ASUPATCH wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
Im just generally a tough guy I guess. Has nothing to do with being on the internet. I too have young children, 3 year old boy and a 7 month old daughter. I also dwell in reality, the reality being there will more than likely be little to no travel issues on major highways. The high country is far more adept at clearing roads than Charlotte or Greensboro or Atlanta. The weather is just a fun story for everyone to talk about this weekend. Makes for great news and fun water cooler talk but likely will be very anticlimactic like 99% of snows. I love how the word "pansy keeps getting thrown around like I said it.......cause I didn't.
Cool bruh. I'm not sure it's worth it for your "more than likely" prediction. Also, it should be noted, that I haven't made a decision yet about attending. Just don't get the point in calling out people who are weighing their options, but sure let's make them out to be lesser fans. Be tough, bro.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:25 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:
ASUPATCH wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
Cool bruh. I'm not sure it's worth it for your "more than likely" prediction. Also, it should be noted, that I haven't made a decision yet about attending. Just don't get the point in calling out people who are weighing their options, but sure let's make them out to be lesser fans. Be tough, bro.

Where did I one call anyone a lesser fan? I simply stated, calm down....its not that bad. Got it Bruh?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 pm

I was just watching Chris Christie ...... And he told all of you to just Shut Up and come if you can.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:55 am

appbio91 wrote:Speaking of stupid, April 1987 when I was a senior in HS I drove up the mountain in a 1976 Trans Am during the biggest snow I have ever seen. Why did I risk my life you ask, my girlfriend was waiting at the top.
If you haven't risked your life for poonanny, you're not a real man.

Go Apps.

MJ1988

Unread post by MJ1988 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:39 am

Rise and shine girls!!! It's time to go to Boone!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:46 am

MJ1988 wrote:Rise and shine girls!!! It's time to go to Boone!!!
one last cup of coffee and I am on my way

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:54 am

Any final word on the status of the roads? I'm not hearing anything that indicates serious problems, so if 421 is clear we will be on our way shortly!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:56 am

Just drove down 321 without a hint of any issues.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

3rd

Unread post by 3rd » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:58 am

Yosef84 wrote:Any final word on the status of the roads? I'm not hearing anything that indicates serious problems, so if 421 is clear we will be on our way shortly!
Streets just now have started to collect snow on them.. as of the past hour. But the sun has not come up yet and I would expect that to help shortly... Also I live on King Street and DOT has gone by maybe 10 times in the past hour. With high above 32 and sun coming out shortly roads should clear up. (I hope)

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:13 am

Echota on the Ridge, Foscoe. 8:15 am. about 3 inches, windy, heavy snow!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”