Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Adjustments...New scheme?

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Adjustments...New scheme?

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Either way, the team looks so much better !!! Kicking ... Not so much.

fjblair

Re: Adjustments...New scheme?

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Starting to click PBR...

t4pizza
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Perhaps that embarrassing loss to liberty did the trick. I know we have played 2 bad teams but the kids seem to be playing tougher and fighting for their coach. I had thought that SS had lost the team based on our earlier play but i was wrong. These guys havent quit and thats a positive sign for our coach. He may just turn this around after all. I sure hope so. Great game Apps!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:58 pm

I liked the play to fake the FG right before the half. 3 attempts in a row to ice the kicker, and just before the snap, critcher runs out wide, Simms takes the snap and runs for the TD. Crowd went crazy. It was awesome

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:10 pm

t4pizza wrote:Perhaps that embarrassing loss to liberty did the trick. I know we have played 2 bad teams but the kids seem to be playing tougher and fighting for their coach. I had thought that SS had lost the team based on our earlier play but i was wrong. These guys havent quit and thats a positive sign for our coach. He may just turn this around after all. I sure hope so. Great game Apps!
Yeah, blowout or not this was a different team.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:43 pm

The Rock wrote:I liked the play to fake the FG right before the half. 3 attempts in a row to ice the kicker, and just before the snap, critcher runs out wide, Simms takes the snap and runs for the TD. Crowd went crazy. It was awesome
On Twitter Satt said it was a called play before the timeouts. Regardless it was awesome!
Bring Your A Game!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:57 pm

The results the last two weeks are a combination of watching young talent get more PT and playing weaker opponents. This team is improving and ULM should be a good gauge of how much.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:06 pm

huskie3 wrote:
The Rock wrote:I liked the play to fake the FG right before the half. 3 attempts in a row to ice the kicker, and just before the snap, critcher runs out wide, Simms takes the snap and runs for the TD. Crowd went crazy. It was awesome
On Twitter Satt said it was a called play before the timeouts. Regardless it was awesome!
I heard him say that in the post game interview also. It could be absolutely true, but I have a feeling that he is just letting his peer coach off the hook and trying to be a good sport. Whether called in advance, or as a reaction to the time-outs....I LOVED IT! It completely energized the fans, team and probably broke whatever fight Ga. State had left in them at that point. Great call, Coach!!!

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:13 pm

I think the big difference the last 2 games, is Woody finally trusts his players that they have learned his defensive schemes, and he is finally willing to play an aggressive style defense, he is also willing to mix up defensive schemes. If he had done this in the Liberty game we would have won by 3 tds.

kylecarrl

Unread post by kylecarrl » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:03 am

U-LM held Texas A&M to 243 total yards, out gained them by over 100 yards, shut them out in the second half, held them to 21 points and only lost by 5 on the road in one of the most, if not the single most, difficult stadiums in America. Next week, we find out just how far around the corner we have made it.
If, and I hope this is the case, we were to successfully continue the aggressive (new) defensive scheme and the offensive line and play calling continue to improve, it will be very encouraging heading down the stretch run of the schedule. Obviously, these young recruits that are playing are as good or better than advertised. One can only hope the multitude of pups we have currently redshirted are of equal potential, particually in the trenches.
I know we just played what is most likely the worst two teams in the conference, but it will undoubtedly build confidence in this young team. I think it is clearly visible in their aggressive play.
It sure is nice to be looking through rose colored glasses again as opposed to those cesspool colored ones from the first half of the season. Go Apps!!!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:36 am

Saint3333 wrote:The results the last two weeks are a combination of watching young talent get more PT and playing weaker opponents. This team is improving and ULM should be a good gauge of how much.
In addition, ULM defeated Wake earlier this year. Thus, if one wants to get an idea how we stack up against Wake (currently) next Saturday will provide that answer.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:08 am

If we keep the pressure on defensively, I think we can finish out this season strong.

I like our chances in Sun Belt next year to be one of top 3 teams in the conference.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:31 am

If we can hold on to our kicker recruit and find another LT we should have a chance to finish over .500.

We lose a few others that add depth, but the redshirts from this year and a few Jucos should fill in nicely. Oh and a full year under this S&C program will be important.

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:19 am

I think we have a good chance to finish over .500 next year. Heck, we're 5-3 this year really.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:42 am

Saint3333 wrote:If we can hold on to our kicker recruit and find another LT we should have a chance to finish over .500.

We lose a few others that add depth, but the redshirts from this year and a few Jucos should fill in nicely. Oh and a full year under this S&C program will be important.
Beau Nunn will be the LT next year and I suspect Chandler Greer will be his backup. We need depth at RT the most for next year as far as OL is concerned

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:05 am

Monroe played very well at A&M yesterday. However, they have struggled all year long with moving the ball and scoring points. Their defense will be one of the best we will face all season. Against Wake they only had one offensive touchdown. In a few other games they were scoreless at half time.

App needs to blitz the hell out of Pete Thomas. Hit him from every which way and get into his head.

Phenomenal job by our secondary yesterday. Everytime a ball was caught the WR was planted. Lattrell Gibbs looks like a stud.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:12 am

mtnjax wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:If we can hold on to our kicker recruit and find another LT we should have a chance to finish over .500.

Beau Nunn will be the LT next year and I suspect Chandler Greer will be his backup. We need depth at RT the most for next year as far as OL is concerned
If you move Nunn from RT to LT we still need a starting T, likely one of the redshirts as you mention. I hope three of the four we are redshirting are able to rotate in next year. That will likely be the difference in our offense. We are going to be loaded at RB and WR next year.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:34 am

I don't think we have to worry about a kicker being a top priority for the staff. I believe Zach may not be on this team next year . sam Martin was here yesterday and he would be happy to make a call.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:49 am

Saint3333 wrote:
mtnjax wrote:

If you move Nunn from RT to LT we still need a starting T, likely one of the redshirts as you mention. I hope three of the four we are redshirting are able to rotate in next year. That will likely be the difference in our offense. We are going to be loaded at RB and WR next year.
they brought in a RT from GMC yesterday for a visit along with the other 3. he would be a good 2 yr stop gap if we offer him and he commits. big dude too

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:47 pm

Rekdiver wrote:I don't think we have to worry about a kicker being a top priority for the staff. I believe Zach may not be on this team next year . sam Martin was here yesterday and he would be happy to make a call.
Sorry - you lost me with this --- :?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”