Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sunday Morning QB

bcoach
School: Appalachian State

Re: Sunday Morning QB

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:26 am

Regardless of crowd size it was the loudest it has been since 2007.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:37 am

You are right bcoach, my voice is still hit and miss. Had a LOT of fun Saturday!

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:57 am

Another thought on our defense. We have only allowed two TD drives of 70+ yards since the Liberty game. 14 of the points they gave up on Saturday were on drives of 12 & 33 yards. All in all, the defense is vastly improved. Woody's increased blitzing has made a difference and caused numerous throw aways & sacks.

Another thing I have noticed all year long is that we have won the Time of Possession battle which is huge for keeping your defense fresh.

On the offense, God are we lucky that the OL has stepped up. They have been phenomenal during this win streak. We lose one offensive starter this year, Kendall Lamm. We only lose 1 defensive starter as well (Joel Ross). Scary to think we return 20 of 22 starters and have a lot of experienced depth.
Last edited by Goapps15 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:06 am

AtlAppMan wrote:The beautiful thing about this game was our team kept coming back, they made some mistakes through the game, int, short kick which resulted in pts for ULM but they just kept finding ways to do what they had to do to win the game.

I live in the heart of SEC country (especially UGA) and have heard so many times over the years about tough conference games and that better teams just have to find ways to grind out a win. The opponent may not be the top team at that moment but the team across from you is finding a way to play hard and tough. In those types of games you just have to have players step up and make plays. That was how our ULM game went. ULM was a formidable opponent who's record was not exactly indicative of how good they really are and they did play a tough game. There defense played very tough. However, we had multiple players on our team step up when a play was needed, both offensive and defensive.

I really like how this team is coming together. This type of game against a quality opponent will build character.
I'm with you on the team fighting back several times. ULM took the lead on us 4 times and got up by as much as 13, but ours guys kept playing hard and found a way to come back. To do that against the best defense in the Sun Belt makes it even more impressive. Also, our defense held them to less than 300 yards with two of their TD's came on drives that started on our 12 and 33.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:24 am

Goapps15 wrote:Another thought on our defense. We have only allowed two TD drives of 70+ yards since the Liberty game. 14 of the points they gave up on Saturday were on drives of 12 & 35 yards. All in all, the defense is vastly improved. Woody's increased blitzing has made a difference and caused numerous throw aways & sacks.

Another thing I have noticed all year long is that we have won the Time of Possession battle which is huge for keeping your defense fresh.

On the offense, God are we lucky that the OL has stepped up. They have been phenomenal during this win streak. We lose one offensive starter this year, Kendall Lamm. We only lose 1 defensive starter as well (Joel Ross). Scary to think we return 20 of 22 starters and have a lot of experienced depth.
Junior Jesse Chapman has been our starter at center for the past few weeks but it was senior Graham Fisher who played the majority of snaps on Saturday. Not sure why the switch was made but Fisher played very well against Monroe. Whoever replaces Lamm next season will have big shoes to fill. He's got a shot to play on Sundays.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:34 am

Goapps15 wrote:Another thought on our defense. We have only allowed two TD drives of 70+ yards since the Liberty game. 14 of the points they gave up on Saturday were on drives of 12 & 33 yards. All in all, the defense is vastly improved. Woody's increased blitzing has made a difference and caused numerous throw aways & sacks.

Ronald Blair is a senior as well but yes we are very young. I also feel the young guys(Dada, Norwood) are better at pass rush than Blair so I dont feel we will see much drop off if any at that position.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

clayton

Unread post by clayton » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 am

WVAPPeer wrote:an addendum ---
Who are some of the callers after the game???
First call complains about not using Cox enough - should run him every play --- Wow, that's right, let's wear him out and not give him any breaks ????????? :?
Another asked why we weren't blitzing more? - sorry but what game was he watching?
Another complaining about running it up the middle on first down and not showing different sets or looks?
All of which Steve answered in his most positive/politically correct way ---
If radio callers were head coaches, you'd see nothing but all-out blitzes on defense. On offense, its either going to be "give it to the best player on every play" or "throw it deep."

Do they get a lot of calls? If they don't, its hard to screen out bad ones.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 am

ASUPATCH wrote:
Goapps15 wrote:Another thought on our defense. We have only allowed two TD drives of 70+ yards since the Liberty game. 14 of the points they gave up on Saturday were on drives of 12 & 33 yards. All in all, the defense is vastly improved. Woody's increased blitzing has made a difference and caused numerous throw aways & sacks.

Ronald Blair is a senior as well but yes we are very young. I also feel the young guys(Dada, Norwood) are better at pass rush than Blair so I dont feel we will see much drop off if any at that position.
Blair is a junior - got a medical redshirt for last season: http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArtic ... M_ID=21500

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:48 am

Yeah thats what I get for looking at our roster on a third party site.http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-de ... tate/92913
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:06 am

AppGrad78 wrote:
Goapps15 wrote:Another thought on our defense. We have only allowed two TD drives of 70+ yards since the Liberty game. 14 of the points they gave up on Saturday were on drives of 12 & 35 yards. All in all, the defense is vastly improved. Woody's increased blitzing has made a difference and caused numerous throw aways & sacks.

Junior Jesse Chapman has been our starter at center for the past few weeks but it was senior Graham Fisher who played the majority of snaps on Saturday. Not sure why the switch was made but Fisher played very well against Monroe. Whoever replaces Lamm next season will have big shoes to fill. He's got a shot to play on Sundays.

Agreed that Fisher has played a lot but in the end he has still been a rotation guy. Not knocking Graham just a fact. I think Beau Nunn will do just fine at LT, it will be RT that could be a significant problem with Beau moving over.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:06 am

Huh, surprised we are not using NIKE footballs. Interesting.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:08 am

bcoach wrote:Regardless of crowd size it was the loudest it has been since 2007.
Agreed, the noise at the very end was great, even from the sparse crowd. Can't wait for the day when i look to my left at the end of the 3rd qtr, and DON'T see a sea of people filing down the hill and OUT of the stadium with a game like this!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:10 pm

YesAppCan wrote:You are right bcoach, my voice is still hit and miss. Had a LOT of fun Saturday!
What did you say? I can't hear you :lol:

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:50 pm

App91 wrote:
bcoach wrote:Regardless of crowd size it was the loudest it has been since 2007.
Agreed, the noise at the very end was great, even from the sparse crowd. Can't wait for the day when i look to my left at the end of the 3rd qtr, and DON'T see a sea of people filing down the hill and OUT of the stadium with a game like this!
Blew my mind seeing people leave at halftime of a close close game

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:08 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:

I have a feeling Edge-Campbell will be the starter at Center next year which would give us a solid backup in Chapman. No problem there. RT will be the spot to watch in camp next year.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:10 pm

mtnjax wrote:
App91 wrote:
We had a people leaving when we scored to make it 28-23. I couldn't believe someone would watch that long and not wait to see if the lead held up. They missed a great finish by both teams.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:27 pm

mtnjax wrote:
App91 wrote:
Not me. We have been watching that for a long time. They do it with a tie score. For some reason we seem to think we have 25,000 rabid fans and we don't. Nothing has changed over the years except the 3 NCs made it fashionable to make an appearance. We probably have somewhere around 12,000-15,000 fans who are really into it.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:55 pm

If you want to watch Shaedon's catch over and over again, here it is in GIF form.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”