Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Viewing in Huntersville\Cornelius question

bh2oson
School: Appalachian State

Viewing in Huntersville\Cornelius question

Unread post by bh2oson » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:07 am

Quick question for any of you that have visited Harveys for App games. Do they show the game at both locations? How are the crowds?
bh2oson aka Bill Waterson

ASUMountaineer

Re: Viewing in Huntersville\Cornelius question

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:23 pm

bh2oson wrote:Quick question for any of you that have visited Harveys for App games. Do they show the game at both locations? How are the crowds?
I went to Harvey's in Huntersville for the GSU game and it was dead. We asked the barkeep if they were showing the App game, and she said she knew nothing about it and that they do not stream games. So, of course, we left. It was disappointing to say the least, not just because of the App game, but also there were a total of six people there and two were employees. :?

I've watched App games at that location before, and they were streamed via GoASU or the opposing team's stream. The place was hopping and full of App folks. I guess they don't show App games at the Huntersville location anymore. I have not checked the one in Cornelius.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:30 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:
bh2oson wrote:Quick question for any of you that have visited Harveys for App games. Do they show the game at both locations? How are the crowds?
I went to Harvey's in Huntersville for the GSU game and it was dead. We asked the barkeep if they were showing the App game, and she said she knew nothing about it and that they do not stream games. So, of course, we left. It was disappointing to say the least, not just because of the App game, but also there were a total of six people there and two were employees. :?

I've watched App games at that location before, and they were streamed via GoASU or the opposing team's stream. The place was hopping and full of App folks. I guess they don't show App games at the Huntersville location anymore. I have not checked the one in Cornelius.

Went to the Harveys in Huntersville 2-3 years ago for NFL sunday ticket game. All of 8 people there 3 of which were in our group and the service was painfully slow. When the wings finally showed up they were good at least. Not like they were busy, some of the most horrible service ever.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:01 pm

I've been to both locations. Cornelius has a much better crowd and they for sure always show the game. The owner tried to do everything he could for the Southern Miss game and eventually just put DJ and Brownie on the speakers

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:34 pm

mtnjax wrote:I've been to both locations. Cornelius has a much better crowd and they for sure always show the game. The owner tried to do everything he could for the Southern Miss game and eventually just put DJ and Brownie on the speakers
That's good to know. I like the Vermillion location, but disappointed that they no longer show App games and the employees didn't care that we left.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

bh2oson

Unread post by bh2oson » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:58 am

I heard back from Charlie and Luke at Harvey's and they said the Huntersville location has a hard time getting the ESPN3 games so Cornelius is the place to go.
bh2oson aka Bill Waterson

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:17 am

mtnjax wrote:I've been to both locations. Cornelius has a much better crowd and they for sure always show the game. The owner tried to do everything he could for the Southern Miss game and eventually just put DJ and Brownie on the speakers
That was a frustrating night. I was there with a big group after being on the lake all day. When they finally put the radio on we couldn't really hear so we went on the patio and backed the car up so we could hear the radio. Then we wondered why we were even there and left lol

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:30 am

If it is possible to get the game, it will be on at the Cornelius location. As far as So. Miss goes, I got the impression they would have added dish, had it been communicated that OTA or dish would be the only ways to watch. I also prefer the character and setup of the Vermillion location, but at least parking is easy at the one off of Catawba. After the A-State game there was a benefit auction with lots of App stuff. My experience has been that App will always get precedence on at least a tv or 2 (and usually the house sound) in Cornelius, no matter the sport or event. They've even told me that they'll play coaches' shows if enough people would come in to listen. They're all App, all-the-way.

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:32 am

appvette wrote:That was a frustrating night. I was there with a big group after being on the lake all day. When they finally put the radio on we couldn't really hear so we went on the patio and backed the car up so we could hear the radio. Then we wondered why we were even there and left lol
I found out later that night that LakeTown Tavern has dish and thus had the game. Oh well...

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Hmmm wonder if they can stream via Apple TV or something.. bout how I watch it at home on ESPN3...
Twitter: @wxcrum

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:20 pm

I know Charlie was disappointed with the Southern Miss game (like everyone else) not being aired. I talked to him several times that night and he had been in contact with DirectTV all day and they said it would be on. I have Dish at my house so I text Charlie my Dish info to see if he could log on via the Dish web stream but I don't think my subscription covers that. I'll be sure to pass on some of the issues experienced at the Huntersville location. He'll definitely appreciate the feedback.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”