Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UL defense focused on Cox (article)

YesAppCan
School: Appalachian State

UL defense focused on Cox (article)

Unread post by YesAppCan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:11 pm

"To be honest with you," fifth-year senior Anyama said when asked about Cox, "from the time I started playing college ball here, I've played a lot of good running backs who had all these numbers and yards.

"But that doesn't mean anything – because they haven't played us, you know? … For us, I feel like our team is pretty good in stopping what we come up against."
http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spor ... /70039828/

Ya readin' this Marcus?

T-Dog

Re: UL defense focused on Cox (article)

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Are we playing Louisiana-Lafayette or Elon?

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:37 pm

I don't understand the headline. What do the ULL defense's sexual orientation and desires have to do with the game?

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Air it out then... Meadors time!

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Sounds like the old days when they said they would stop AE, then KRich would tear em up.....Same song next verse.....We got this.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Start Upshaw, air to Meadors, find McGuire, Taylor run, sneak Cox back in, wear them out.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:16 pm

If they think Cox is our only weapon, oh k! :lol:

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:47 pm

That would be a good plan if we were only able to run... did they hear we have a decent passing attack also?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:03 pm

LaLa has the worst passing defense in the conference. ULM's QB tore them up to the tune of 430ish yards. They did have -36 yards rushing though.

I'm thinking screen passes tomorrow.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:22 pm

ULL fans, and the players are quick to point out how great they are against the run, but for some reason they are strangely quiet about their secondary, I guess when your last in the league in pass defense, and a good day is giving up less than 400 yds and 4 tds, you tend to have selective memories.

3rd

Unread post by 3rd » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:27 pm

moehler wrote:ULL fans, and the players are quick to point out how great they are against the run, but for some reason they are strangely quiet about their secondary, I guess when your last in the league in pass defense, and a good day is giving up less than 400 yds and 4 tds, you tend to have selective memories.
Maybe they are good against the run because everyone just passes at will on them..so why try to run?

tjpappy

Unread post by tjpappy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 pm

T-Dog wrote:LaLa has the worst passing defense in the conference. ULM's QB tore them up to the tune of 430ish yards. They did have -36 yards rushing though.

I'm thinking screen passes tomorrow.
Hoping Cox can get also into the action on short passes (around line of scrimmage) with big YAC. He had two or three of those last week and had a couple of monster runs.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:43 am

ok lets address the "their" big run defense.... their run D has given +200 yds.... 4x's this season ... 3 losses and 1 win. They gave up 253 on Arky... or how about the Ga. St game... they gave up 138 rushing and 250 passing and won by 3 ... to Ga. St. ULL has done well at stopping the bottom half of the conference from running. I imagine we will mix it up which is always tough to stop and if we can stay away from the 3 TO game and get a few stops.... good things will happen.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:53 am

Well, not focusing on Cox would be rather ricockulous, given what he has done the past few weeks. I hope we adapt the game plan accordingly and pass early in order to set up the run later.

oldfart
School: Georgia Southern

Unread post by oldfart » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:55 am

Gonzo wrote:I don't understand the headline. What do the ULL defense's sexual orientation and desires have to do with the game?
Apparently ULL has seen and played with many versions of "Cox" in their day and they don't think your Cox is anything special. However, I do hope your Cox can get up for this one and really stick it to Ulala in such a way that everyone in the stadium is impressed with your Cox . In fact, I hope your Cox puts such a hurting on their azz that they scream the next time they hear your Cox is coming. Of course your Cox didn't impress us as our very own version of your "Cox", Mr. Matt Breida, is a much BIGGER deal as he is one of the finalists for the Doak Walker award. Don't be mad though, because one day when your Cox has had more time performing behind your o line, they'll learn how to open holes bigger for him to squeeze through and others in the belt will certainly notice. Just know our "Cox" is bigger and we're not impressed.

Now go beat Ulala with your Cox. Hopefully he'll hit those holes and wear them out. Eagle Nation is rooting for yall.

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:36 am

oldfart wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I don't understand the headline. What do the ULL defense's sexual orientation and desires have to do with the game?
Apparently ULL has seen and played with many versions of "Cox" in their day and they don't think your Cox is anything special. However, I do hope your Cox can get up for this one and really stick it to Ulala in such a way that everyone in the stadium is impressed with your Cox . In fact, I hope your Cox puts such a hurting on their azz that they scream the next time they hear your Cox is coming. Of course your Cox didn't impress us as our very own version of your "Cox", Mr. Matt Breida, is a much BIGGER deal as he is one of the finalists for the Doak Walker award. Don't be mad though, because one day when your Cox has had more time performing behind your o line, they'll learn how to open holes bigger for him to squeeze through and others in the belt will certainly notice. Just know our "Cox" is bigger and we're not impressed.

Now go beat Ulala with your Cox. Hopefully he'll hit those holes and wear them out. Eagle Nation is rooting for yall.
What kind of babble is this? The only thing I can comprehend is that someone is insecure in their manhood and has a MAJOR case of Cox envy.

Garns 4
School: Albany

Unread post by Garns 4 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:45 am

Cox is a very good RB and now that Lamb is maturing and is no longer playing like a freshman you guys are in great shape. Your defense is playing aggressive football. ULL should fear more than just Mr Cox. You guys are currently playing the best football in the "Belt", roll today APP. and yep, this is coming from another Eagle fan who is comfortable in his manhood. :D

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:24 pm

oldfart wrote:

Just FYI for you fart, "our Cox" was playing injured in the first four games or so this season. He was just starting to get into game shape when we played you. Last 4 games he's got 810 AP yards and 9 TD's. He's playing just a bit better than when we played you. "Our Cox" will see you in Boone soon. We'll be sure to tell him that you're not impressed.

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:12 pm

YesAppCan wrote:
"To be honest with you," fifth-year senior Anyama said when asked about Cox, "from the time I started playing college ball here, I've played a lot of good running backs who had all these numbers and yards.

"But that doesn't mean anything – because they haven't played us, you know? … For us, I feel like our team is pretty good in stopping what we come up against."
http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spor ... /70039828/

Ya readin' this Marcus?
Guess they need glasses, their "focus" seems to need some more fine tuning.

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Apptiger wrote:[

Guess they need glasses, their "focus" seems to need some more fine tuning.
Tiger,

They did focus. I'd say they had a real up close view and saw all they wanted. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”