Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Espn 3 today

bcoach
School: Appalachian State

Re: Espn 3 today

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:58 pm

hapapp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
hapapp wrote:Had a very good picture using my Roku.
I bought a Roku stick and it just will not work. Returning it Monday. What Roku do you have?
I have a stick.
You are on Shentel correct? We worked on it for 2 hrs. Had shentel on the phone for 30 min. YesAppCan even tried to help. Just don't know what to do to make it work.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:01 pm

I watched it on Apple TV and its frustrating. Same last week. Picture looks great for awhile, but buffering is annoying and sometimes it just locks up. when that happens I either have to wait forever for it to pick up again or I have to back out to the menu and reconnect. Happened a lot in the first half and occasionally in the second. Next year, I'll try my Roku for the games I can't get to.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Watched it using Google Chromecast... Worked okay, but would disconnect randomly and it would jump back 5 minutes in the game for some reason. Shouldn't complain about amazing technology, but was a little aggravating

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:07 pm

appgrad wrote:Watched it using Google Chromecast... Worked okay, but would disconnect randomly and it would jump back 5 minutes in the game for some reason. Shouldn't complain about amazing technology, but was a little aggravating
I know the new technology is something but I have watched better games on something we used to call rabbit :lol: ears

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:11 pm

bcoach wrote:
hapapp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
hapapp wrote:Had a very good picture using my Roku.
I bought a Roku stick and it just will not work. Returning it Monday. What Roku do you have?
I have a stick.
You are on Shentel correct? We worked on it for 2 hrs. Had shentel on the phone for 30 min. YesAppCan even tried to help. Just don't know what to do to make it work.
No DSL with Century Link.

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Too be honest.. with ya.. all this ESPN3 stuff.. given the grand list of conferences they cover... (per my Apple TV)... I suspect instead of beaming to satellite, they may be delivering the product via the net... I can only guess... but, if that's the case.. a lot may have to do with the size of internet pipe they have available on any given campus.. etc... just a guess... seem to recall that's how the SEC Network is delivering a lot of their product. Cutting edge of technology... it will get better as the technology improves....

On the upside.. we've never had so much access without being on the mountain or traveling with the team...
Twitter: @wxcrum

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Apple TV and time warner cable into the house and wireless router. Only a few bad picture segments. Been that way all year. No problems.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:57 pm

I have a Roku 3 and I haven't had a single picture problem all year, either on live games or on the replays. Those having problems might try running a speed test on your broadband, if you haven't already, just to check the wireless speed and jitter. That can cause picture dropping and connection issues.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:23 am

I must say that I have been very impressed with the ESPN3 crews we have had this season - as noted, Groh really knows his football - the analyst yesterday was very good as well - They are clearly very well prepared, know the team and coaches and analyze what they seen with as much impartiality as possible
--- have enjoyed the games on ESPN3 !!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:29 am

WVAPPeer wrote:I must say that I have been very impressed with the ESPN3 crews we have had this season - as noted, Groh really knows his football - the analyst yesterday was very good as well - They are clearly very well prepared, know the team and coaches and analyze what they seen with as much impartiality as possible
Same here, WV, although part of the time I listened to David Jackson and whoever filled in for Steve Brown.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:36 am

I watched part of the game on my iPhone from the golf course and part from my iPad at home. The picture appeared to be perfect HD. I watch many games on my PC and gotta admit for some reason the picture quality is far superior on the I-products.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:44 am

Well the good thing is I don't have to worry about it till next year. It just makes me nuts that It will not work at all.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:51 am

WVAPPeer wrote:I must say that I have been very impressed with the ESPN3 crews we have had this season - as noted, Groh really knows his football - the analyst yesterday was very good as well - They are clearly very well prepared, know the team and coaches and analyze what they seen with as much impartiality as possible
1. I guess there is a certain pecking order in all of this. A big SB game may get ESPN/2/U or a Thursday night game on cable.

Every SB games is getting at least ESPN3.

2. The better ESPN3 games are at least getting ESPN announcers.

3. The least appealing games seem to be nothing more than that schools internal internet stream.

We have had #1 or #2 each game that I am aware of. I watched a bit of the NMSU game and it was nothing more than the NMSU feed being sent over ESPN3. I assume that still disallowed NMSU from sending the game over their own streaming feed.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppRy

Unread post by AppRy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:19 am

Streamed it with an Apple TV at a bar. It locked up a couple times where we had to go out to the menu and back in but the picture quality was always fine.

I can't believe y'all like Al Groh. I thought he was awful to listen to last week. If I never hear another golf analogy...

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:34 am

Most of the season I have muted the espn3 audio out while watching on my ipad and with another game on tv. Yesterday I listened to most of the ESPN audio and didn't mind it. The video all season will lock up about 3 times a game, but the picture has been clear. The main problem I have with the broadcast is the lack of the time clock and play clock for much of the game, especially during the 4th quarter yesterday. Overall it is better than the SoCon ever had and I'm glad to have the opportunity to watch.
Give 'em hell!

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:46 am

No issues with the feed and only minor complaints about the picture quality. But why we can't get things like down and distance and a game clock in 2014 remains a mystery to me. They had it here and there at first but I don't recall seeing it at all in the 2nd half.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:00 am

97grad wrote:No issues with the feed and only minor complaints about the picture quality. But why we can't get things like down and distance and a game clock in 2014 remains a mystery to me. They had it here and there at first but I don't recall seeing it at all in the 2nd half.
They have been there on the previous games - must of had a graphics glitch yesterday ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:29 am

firemoose wrote:I have a Roku 3 and I haven't had a single picture problem all year, either on live games or on the replays. Those having problems might try running a speed test on your broadband, if you haven't already, just to check the wireless speed and jitter. That can cause picture dropping and connection issues.

Same here. I have the cheapest roku and it works perfectly. I am really impressed with ESPN3 this year.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:46 pm

For anyone who is looking to get a streaming device for their TV, check out the Amazon Fire TV Stick at Best Buy and Staples this week - $25. If you are a Prime member, this is the way to go as far as streaming content. Several co-workers of mine have these and speak very highly of the stock apps available, as well as the ways to "sideload" other non-Amazon apps to view other sporting events in what could be considered a less-than-ethical manner. These are in stock at most brick and mortar BB and Staples, I just bought mine at the Northlake (Charlotte) store today.
Give 'em hell!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:05 pm

I sure miss the PBS days though....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”