Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

So you're saying there's a chance?

AppGrad1

Re: So you're saying there's a chance?

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:33 pm

appst89 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
App&HeelsMan wrote:It was to my understanding that since it is our first year in the FBS, there was a one year "penalty" on post-season play, same reason we couldn't go to the play-offs last year. So I don't think we can actually participate in a bowl this year.
Might want to trim your toe nails too. They are a little long to pull for ASU.
Might want to cut your hair if you want to be an ASU fan.
Might want to drive a truck and not a sports car if you want to be an ASU fan.
Might want to denounce every school in the country and announce ASU is the only school that can supply an appropriate education.
Might want to ...............

There is nothing wrong with your screen name, IMO.

Can you write down for me and others the guidelines to becoming an ASU fan? I'd like to know so that I can meet YOUR opinions.
Maybe I and others have a child that goes to UNC and ASU and that is my screen name.
Maybe I and others had parents that went to UNC and ASU and chose that screen name.
Maybe I and others pulled for UNC when they were little and went to ASU later in life and then chose that screen name.
Maybe it's NONE OF OUR BUSINESS why they chose their screen name?

TheMoody1
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:34 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:Might want to trim your toe nails too. They are a little long to pull for ASU.
Might want to denounce every school in the country and announce ASU is the only school that can supply an appropriate education.

Did you garner all this insight on the way to your UNC-cheat African Studies degree? :lol:

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:42 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
App&HeelsMan wrote:It was to my understanding that since it is our first year in the FBS, there was a one year "penalty" on post-season play, same reason we couldn't go to the play-offs last year. So I don't think we can actually participate in a bowl this year.

Can you write down for me and others the guidelines to becoming an ASU fan? I'd like to know so that I can meet YOUR opinions.
Maybe I and others have a child that goes to UNC and ASU and that is my screen name.
Maybe I and others had parents that went to UNC and ASU and chose that screen name.
Maybe I and others pulled for UNC when they were little and went to ASU later in life and then chose that screen name.
Maybe you should. I don't see where anyone but you assumed there were guidelines.

It's called an opinion for a reason. I can have mine and you can have yours. I guess NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS only applies to others?

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:43 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:Might want to trim your toe nails too. They are a little long to pull for ASU.

Did you garner all this insight on the way to your UNC-cheat African Studies degree? :lol:
Can you please write down for me and others appropriate screen names we can use in the future that is ok with members of this board?
PS. Way to welcome a new ASU fan to our boards...

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:52 pm

appst89 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

Maybe you should. I don't see where anyone but you assumed there were guidelines.

It's called an opinion for a reason. I can have mine and you can have yours. I guess NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS only applies to others?
...and if you'll read in my OP I stated "IMO". I can have my opinion too.
PS. Keep your screen name App&Heelsman, it keeps the ASU board alive and hating...
Welcome to the ASU boards. You'd better have thick skin around here.
Curse all you want. Insult all you want. Call others names all you want. Just be careful with your screen name. :lol:

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:54 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:Everyone "likes to tout theirs as the "best". I have no problemsith it.
And some people like to tout others' as their's. That's the most shameful move of all.
Last edited by Gonzo on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Because of the way several things went this weekend, it won't be the case, but there was a possibility that we could've been the lone team out (GaSo in), with the UNC-CHeaters taking a spot that should be reserved for the teams in compliance.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:58 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:
appst89 wrote:

PS. Keep your screen name App&Heelsman, it keeps the ASU board alive and hating...
Curse all you want. Insult all you want. Call others names all you want. Just be careful with your screen name. :lol:
Can you show me where any mod said he couldn't have that screen name?

Didn't think so.

There's a report function on the board for inappropriate posts. Ever used it?

Didn't think so.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:59 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:Can you please write down for me and others appropriate screen names we can use in the future that is ok with members of this board?
PS. Way to welcome a new ASU fan to our boards...

No need. I am just trolling you. :D

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:11 pm

appst89 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
appst89 wrote:

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.
Shouldn't have to report inappropriate posts. They are easy to find. Very easy.
Just follow certain posters comments. It is allowed.
What good would it do anyway to report them?
It's like telling your child to "stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop" but nothing is ever done.

Finished with this topic. Point has been made.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:14 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
appst89 wrote:

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.
It's like telling your child to "stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop" but nothing is ever done.

Night-night!

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:25 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
appst89 wrote:

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.

Posts are reported and deleted everyday. The point has been made clearly; you just want to play the victim.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:12 pm

A UNCCH fan playing the victim, say it isn't so.

asunewbie

Unread post by asunewbie » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Went from talking about bowl chances to bickering about screen names. C'mon man.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:30 pm

WataugaMan wrote:Speaking of Liberty I heard they are going to the FCS playoffs, representing the Big South.
Knocked off #1 and previously unbeaten Coastal Carolina to win the Big South title.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Just to stay off topic... In all seriousness, what would the comments be if someone of the screen name "appandheelsfan" went onto a Carolina message board forum? I have a guess... They'd run him/her in the ground.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 pm

asucrutch23 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Technically you are right. It is not a penalty but part of the transitional period. However, we are eligible for a bowl game this year if we qualify with wins,which we should next week, and seek and feta waiver which would be unlikely.
There is no waiver. The ONLY way we could make a bowl is if there were not enough eligible teams. They then look to teams in this order to fill the remaining slots:

1. Teams finishing 6-6 with one win against a team from the lower Football Championship Subdivision which does not offer at least 56.7 scholarships

2. 6-6 teams with two wins over FCS schools.

3. Teams that finish 6-7 with loss number seven in their conference championship game (that has been eliminated by the conference championship waiver rule).

4. 6-7 teams that normally play a 13-team schedule, such as Hawaii's home opponents and Hawaii.

5. FCS teams who are in the final year of the two-year FBS transition process, if they have at least a 6-6 record.

6. Finally, 5-7 teams that have a top-5 Academic Progress Rate (APR) score. This was later adjusted to allow other 5-7 teams to be selected thereafter—in order of their APR.

In our case, it is likely that we would need 7 wins instead of 6, because Campbell does not offer scholarships. However, this is all a moot point because there is currently about a ONE TENTH OF A PERCENT chance that there will not be enough teams.
It's all academic because the chance of being two 6-win teams short is so small, but I would assume if there were two open slots App would not need to beat Idaho because rule #1 would allow the Campbell win to count among the six. We would pretty much need every 5-6 team not playing another 5-6 team next week to loose.
Last edited by AppfaninCAALand on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:38 pm

YesAppCan wrote:Just to stay off topic... In all seriousness, what would the comments be if someone of the screen name "appandheelsfan" went onto a Carolina message board forum? I have a guess... They'd run him/her in the ground.

AppHeel
appheel24
badgerheel
BigPack1517
BuffaloDukie
CameronHeel
chuckpack
ECHeel
syrupASU

I did some checking. These are just a few of the 2075 users that were online on the UNC boards. There are many more.

asucrutch23

Unread post by asucrutch23 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:53 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:It's all academic because the chance of being two 6-win teams short is so small, but I would assume if there were two open slots App would not need to beat Idaho because rule #1 would allow the Campbell win to count among the six. We would pretty much need every 5-6 team not playing another 5-6 team next week to loose.
I believe you may be right on that but it's not clear from what I can gather. If there were even a somewhat decent chance we could make it, I'd only feel comfortable if we had the 7 wins.

And just to illustrate how much of a long shot we have left, here are the odds for the 14 teams remaining after accounting for the VT/UVa and N'Western/Illinois winners taking 2 spots. We would need all but one of these teams NOT to make it (all but 2 if one of them was ODU since we could get selected over them).

It ain't happening...

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:06 pm

I wouldn't piss '89 off. Not wise. He shouldn't have to put up with silly stuff like this. Come on guys. We're all Mountaineers on some level. Welcome the support. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”