Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

So you're saying there's a chance?

appst89
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: So you're saying there's a chance?

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:10 pm

AppAttack wrote:I wouldn't piss '89 off. Not wise. He shouldn't have to put up with silly stuff like this. Come on guys. We're all Mountaineers on some level. Welcome the support. :D
It's all good. Just don't understand why people want to complain and not use the tools that are here.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:39 am

By my count, with a win Saturday, there are only about 70 FBS teams (including App) who can finish with at least a 7-5 record. So that would be 70 out of 128. Not too shabby considering a 1-5 start. Is there any other FBS program that can boast such a turn around? I have always felt that the criteria to be bowl eligible should be 7-5 then take 6-6 if necessary. A 7-5 record makes it nearly impossible to go sub .500 for conference games unless a team's non-conference schedule is horrible.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:43 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:Just to stay off topic... In all seriousness, what would the comments be if someone of the screen name "appandheelsfan" went onto a Carolina message board forum? I have a guess... They'd run him/her in the ground.

AppHeel
appheel24
badgerheel
BigPack1517
BuffaloDukie
CameronHeel
chuckpack
ECHeel
syrupASU

I did some checking. These are just a few of the 2075 users that were online on the UNC boards. There are many more.
Nice work. I didn't even know UNC had a board. In response to an earlier poster, based on your researching skills I don't believe you went to any paper classes. ;)

I welcome any fan that wants to support App State--especially monetarily. Grow the brand!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:54 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:Just to stay off topic... In all seriousness, what would the comments be if someone of the screen name "appandheelsfan" went onto a Carolina message board forum? I have a guess... They'd run him/her in the ground.

AppHeel
appheel24
badgerheel
BigPack1517
BuffaloDukie
CameronHeel
chuckpack
ECHeel
syrupASU

I did some checking. These are just a few of the 2075 users that were online on the UNC boards. There are many more.
Nice work. I didn't even know UNC had a board. In response to an earlier poster, based on your researching skills I don't believe you went to any paper classes. ;)

I welcome any fan that wants to support App State--especially monetarily. Grow the brand!
Well I support App financially and I am a Carolina fan in passing. There are some on here that don't find that to be acceptable.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:59 am

AppSt94 wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

AppHeel
appheel24
badgerheel
BigPack1517
BuffaloDukie
CameronHeel
chuckpack
ECHeel
syrupASU

Well I support App financially and I am a Carolina fan in passing. There are some on here that don't find that to be acceptable.
Perfectly fine to support Carolina. I trust many on here are Panthers and Hurricanes fans.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:38 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

AppHeel
appheel24
badgerheel
BigPack1517
BuffaloDukie
CameronHeel
chuckpack
ECHeel
syrupASU

Personally, it's not for me--I only pull for App State. As I tell people, I grew up a Carolina fan, but then I put away childish things.

My only beef is with people who are App alums but only pull for UNC. Of course, anyone that is not a UNC alum but still pulls for them after being proven to be cheaters speaks more of the person than UNC.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Just posted.

Tommy Bowman ‏@AppTrailWSJ
App State is asking the NCAA to waive post-season ineligibility, mandatory during FBS transition, in order to pursue a bowl bid for 2014.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:41 pm

firemoose wrote:Just posted.

Tommy Bowman ‏@AppTrailWSJ
App State is asking the NCAA to waive post-season ineligibility, mandatory during FBS transition, in order to pursue a bowl bid for 2014.

Interesting, I wouldn't think they would put that out there if they didn't think it had a least a small chance of going though.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:25 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

AppHeel
appheel24
badgerheel
BigPack1517
BuffaloDukie
CameronHeel
chuckpack
ECHeel
syrupASU

Personally, it's not for me--I only pull for App State. As I tell people, I grew up a Carolina fan, but then I put away childish things.

My only beef is with people who are App alums but only pull for UNC. Of course, anyone that is not a UNC alum but still pulls for them after being proven to be cheaters speaks more of the person than UNC.
Well I grew up a Carolina fan as well. I don't see why I can't root for them as a grown up. If that means you think less of me then so be it. I am an Appalachian fan first an foremost and will root for the Black and Gold against all foes in anything. I also enjoy LSU football and UCLA football and basketball. I don't feel the need to defend what is going on in Chapel Hill because it is indefensible. But 12 pages and 200+ posts on the corruption at a fellow state school is by in large being done out of jealousy. People openly complain about people wearing baby blue at KBS but no one seems to have the same amount of disdain for those wearing Clempsun, State, or Duke garb.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Jealousy? How so? I can tell you unequivocally and without reservation that there is nothing in Chapel Hill for which I harbor one ounce of jealousy. This subject has generated so much discussion because that institution has continually done things through the years that have negatively affected every other institution in the UNC system. Jealousy? Hardly.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:30 pm

BS, any App fan wearing any other school's colors within KBS will be ridiculed by me no matter the school.

UNCCH fans seem to think the world revolves around them yet again...

Get over yourselves.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:53 pm

SOME UNC fans think the world revolves around their school.
Some don't.

SOME ASU fans think the world revolves around their school.
Some don't.

I don't think it's a bad thing to think your school is the best/only school.
Why would you feel it is a bad thing when ASU folks do the same?

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:05 pm

This thread is about App, take your baby blue talk somewhere else is the point. If I went over to another schools board and high jacked a thread to discuss App I would hope I was asked to leave. If you're looking to discuss another school try the folder for it so I don't click on the thread.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:34 pm

If you went are attended App and are wearing babay blue, Duke blue or Wolpack Red, or Syracuse Orage for that matter stay at home and by all means watch them on tv.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

Yosef
Site Admin

So you're saying there's a chance?

Unread post by Yosef » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Anyone who supports App is a friend of mine. I would love for everyone in the world to share the same level of support I have but I will take whatever support is there. Lowes sponsors and supports us but they support other schools too. As corporations are now considered "people", should we be upset that Lowes does this and tell them we don't want their support? I don't think so.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:25 pm

I agree we need support in any size or shape, but I shouldn't have to listen to a hybrid fan discuss his/her other school in an App football thread. Take that crap to the other schools folder or better yet the other schools board, that goes for all schools not just UNCCH.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:40 pm

An App fan calling out other App fans for being jealous of UNCheat.....I've seen it all!

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Saint3333 wrote:I agree we need support in any size or shape, but I shouldn't have to listen to a hybrid fan discuss his/her other school in an App football thread. Take that crap to the other schools folder or better yet the other schools board, that goes for all schools not just UNCCH.

ASU fans that are also UNC fans did not start this junk. Might want to reread the thread...
These were the first daggers thrown.

UNC does the right thing and self imposes a bowl ban due to the recent developments on the hill...

You might want to delete this account and rejoin under a new name. You are going to get beat up on here with that screen name. Consider yourself warned. The majority of these folks hate all things Carolina.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:51 am

I went to App. My wife went to App. My brother went to App. My daughter went to App. My son went to.........South Carolina. Do I root for South Carolina? Yes. Does that make me less an App fan? No. The difference is that when App loses it hurts but when USC loses its "oh well".

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:02 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:I agree we need support in any size or shape, but I shouldn't have to listen to a hybrid fan discuss his/her other school in an App football thread. Take that crap to the other schools folder or better yet the other schools board, that goes for all schools not just UNCCH.

ASU fans that are also UNC fans did not start this junk. Might want to reread the thread...
These were the first daggers thrown.

UNC does the right thing and self imposes a bowl ban due to the recent developments on the hill...

You might want to delete this account and rejoin under a new name. You are going to get beat up on here with that screen name. Consider yourself warned. The majority of these folks hate all things Carolina.

If UNCCH did the right thing and banned themselves that would help others on the outside looking in to go bowling, seems relevant to this thread.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”