Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sunday Morning QB ---

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Sunday Morning QB ---

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:42 pm

appgrad wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad wrote:
Obviously, it's not the only reason we've turned it around. Our recruiting, young players maturing and our new strength program are paying dividends as well.

Yes there are many factors involved in the improvement. You only called out the coaching change as being the X factor so you can see how one can come to my conclusion.
Reading comprehension is your friend. I said it was the most impressive thing to me... Not the X Factor.
My reading comprehension is fine. You never stated that it was the most impressive. I guess that I inferred your comment incorrectly but since it was the only reason that you gave, I don't know what other conclusion to draw from your comment. Have a good day.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:43 pm

appgrad wrote:getting routed by A&T and Chas Southern last year

The losses sucked but losing by 3 points isn't generally called a rout.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:45 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad wrote:
Obviously, it's not the only reason we've turned it around. Our recruiting, young players maturing and our new strength program are paying dividends as well.

Yes there are many factors involved in the improvement. You only called out the coaching change as being the X factor so you can see how one can come to my conclusion.
Reading comprehension is your friend. I said it was the most impressive thing to me... Not the X Factor.
My reading comprehension is fine. You never stated that it was the most impressive. I guess that I inferred your comment incorrectly but since it was the only reason that you gave, I don't know what other conclusion to draw from your comment. Have a good day.
Must not be, since "easily the most impressive part" was in the last sentence of my post.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:46 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
appgrad wrote:getting routed by A&T and Chas Southern last year

The losses sucked but losing by 3 points isn't generally called a rout.
Fair enough. I guess I was looking at it more that they were teams we usually beat by 4 TDs...

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:04 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
appbio91 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
--- Personally, I think some of you can take your CROW and (fill in the blank) - I would like to say BRAVO to those who stayed behind these coaches and these young men with 100% support - THANK YOU ---!
This is getting tired.
If I had said fire Satterfield and we made a mistake in early October I'd be tired of it too. I never get tired on Appalachian proving people wrong, being being it since 1899.
Probably not accusing me of saying fire him, but it is easy to search posts to find that I was not one of those people.

Changes were made, coaches have proven they can get the game plan in place and get the players to rise to the occasion. Everyone should be happy right? Why keep throwing Doo Doo?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:16 pm

appgrad wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad wrote:

Must not be, since "easily the most impressive part" was in the last sentence of my post.
Again, it was the only thing you mentioned.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:17 pm

appgrad wrote: along with getting routed by A&T and Chas Southern last year isn't down to not having the right players in there. .
um last i checked, these scores weren't getting routed by someone

24-21 to A&T
27-24 to Charleston So

bad losses, yes. but not routs.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:18 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Again, it was the only thing you mentioned.
"The most impressive" implies there were others factors. Otherwise, it couldn't be superlative. In the future, I'll be sure to list everything for you so you don't get upset, mkay?

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:10 pm

I will admit I was very frustrated after the Liberty game and pondered if the coaching staff would get it together or not. Does that make me a bad fan? I do not believe so. At the time change was needed and the coaching staff has acknowledged that they changed their defensive philosophy after the Liberty game. Scott has said that a plethora of times in interviews.

The biggest difference is the OL play and the uptick in our LB play. The OL is wearing teams out week after week and physically beating teams to death. Ever since Boggs was inserted as a starter and Stringer was moved to OLB it has been a different story. Stringer was all over the place in the first half yesterday.

I will not apologize for being upset but I will say I am gladly eating my crow with this team. After all we just want the same thing and that is our Mountaineers winning week in and week out.

GO APPS!

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:12 pm

I don't ever think anyone should have to eat crow for not being happy with losing. Big difference been wanting the coach gone and expecting better from your team. I don't think any App fan was rooting for Scott to get gone.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:30 pm

appbio91 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
--- Personally, I think some of you can take your CROW and (fill in the blank) - I would like to say BRAVO to those who stayed behind these coaches and these young men with 100% support - THANK YOU ---!
This is getting tired.
Tired????
This doesn't begin to describe what we endured since last year. Hopefully all the chronically negative people have learned from this. Give a new coach time to do their job before you hang them in effigy.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Well a lot of things were bad last year and the beginning of this year. That has changed. I am looking forward. My windshield is much larger than my rear view mirror. I do have one wish for next week. Some will say it is out of softness but I think it as loyalty. I really hope our seniors and especially those who gave up their positions this year get real significant playing time. I hope both this year and next they get a standing ovation that just will not stop. They have given their all for ASU with never a complaint. We owe them a great debt of gratitude.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:52 pm

As long as we aren't in danger of losing the game, I don't have a problem with giving the Seniors a lot more playing time.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:01 pm

ASUPATCH wrote:No other way to explain losing the turnover margin -2 and missing a 29 yard FG on the road and winning by 3 scores than just flat out being better than them. My biggest fear on the road at ArkST and ULL was losing turnover margin. Lost it -2 in both games and still dominated each. Its great to be a Mountaineer.
I have been thinking the same thing. We did play very well, and yet there were still clearly areas for improvement. Add in that Lamb missed a few relatively easy throws, and we actually did leave some points on the field.

Just underscores that, as well as the team is playing now, there's plenty of room for growth between next Sunday and next fall.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:14 pm

bcoach wrote:Well a lot of things were bad last year and the beginning of this year. That has changed. I am looking forward. My windshield is much larger than my rear view mirror. I do have one wish for next week. Some will say it is out of softness but I think it as loyalty. I really hope our seniors and especially those who gave up their positions this year get real significant playing time. I hope both this year and next they get a standing ovation that just will not stop. They have given their all for ASU with never a complaint. We owe them a great debt of gratitude.
Our players came over to the stands yesterday after the game and thanked us for coming all this way to watch them play. They really meant it too. Even when we went to the buses for photos and telling them how proud and good they played, they just kept saying, "Thank you for coming this far". Made me feel h"APPY"!!!!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:18 pm

Apptiger wrote:http://www.theadvertiser.com/sports/

Link to coverage in Lafayette. They get real good coverage with at least three writers/articles assigned/stories. All of them full of angst. Course LSU was off so maybe more attention???
My favorite segment highlighted below from an article called "ASU power game sinks Cajuns"

"And to add to the frustration, ASU was 9-of-15 on third-down conversions. The Mountaineers kept getting big plays on third down that moved the chains, while the UL defense could not get a stop or a big sack to put Appalachian State in a third-and-long. The Cajuns averaged 2.6 sacks per game, but failed to get one on Saturday."

Way to play O Line!

And to steal a line from another website..."Every day should be (a Black) Saturday!"
Their head coach is a bit delusional with this statement:

"What made (Cox) effective was us not taking our gaps," UL head coach Mark Hudspeth said. "I think any back in the country can run against a defense that don't have people in their gaps. He got a couple of easy runs late when the game was sort of decided.

"To be honest, defensively, I thought overall stopping the run, we were pretty decent until late in the game when (Cox) got a couple of big runs."

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:23 pm

My reply to ULL's coach ---- hey, we just kicked your SunBelt champion butts!!! Who cares about the late runs!!! We own that state of LA this year.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:38 pm

Could it be our line took away your gaps? Our young linemen? I watched the game again on espn replay and I do believe Coach we did more than kick your butt on offense. Our defense ate you up. Just admit you didnt think there was any way App could hang with you. And for a town that gets behind your team....everybody must have been out of town.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Could it be our line took away your gaps? Our young linemen? I watched the game again on espn replay and I do believe Coach we did more than kick your butt on offense. Our defense ate you up. Just admit you didnt think there was any way App could hang with you. And for a town that gets behind your team....everybody must have been out of town.
Lol

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:15 pm

I don't mind anyone questioning tactics, decisions, etc on board but I didn't like the fire coaches vitriol given what everyone knows about our programs state of affairs over last several years (I.e. lack of linemen in last few JM era, we really were not as good as our records indicated, FCS toFBS transition challenges, New coaching staff, etc). It was a fact that the process was going to take some time.

Also what has happened in 2nd half of season was not possible in 1st half of season. It was a process that took time. The notion that it could magically happen with such young a team is unreasonable.

As much as I wish we didn't lose to Liberty, the reality is we likely would not have the mental fortitude at this point had we have pulled that one out. I think the USA and Liberty losses taught this team a valuable lesson that will help take us to anther level.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”