Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App asking for NCAA Waiver

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: App asking for NCAA Waiver

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:14 pm

AppState89 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:Round up the pig and grab the lipstick, I want to go bowling somewhere in 2015-16, even if it's freaking Lumberton. Got a feeling we may be representing in Nawlins though. :D
GO APP!!!!
That would be nice, but if ULL can go bowling, they will pick them over us. They did bring 40,000+ to Nawlins last year for their bowl game. We would lucky to bring 4,000.
Something the SBC should seek to address, IMO. Not good to have the league's premiere bowl destination going to the same team every year regardless of who wins the league title.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:19 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:Round up the pig and grab the lipstick, I want to go bowling somewhere in 2015-16, even if it's freaking Lumberton. Got a feeling we may be representing in Nawlins though. :D
GO APP!!!!
That would be nice, but if ULL can go bowling, they will pick them over us. They did bring 40,000+ to Nawlins last year for their bowl game. We would lucky to bring 4,000.
Something the SBC should seek to address, IMO. Not good to have the league's premiere bowl destination going to the same team every year regardless of who wins the league title.
I agree. Maybe ULL won't go anywhere and we end up 1st, LIKE WE SHOULD EVERY YEAR, and the ULL fans will come support us. :D :D
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:10 am

Rekdiver wrote:The money we would spend on a bowl would not dent salaries. We may need it to pay a stipend to athletes. So unless we get a bowl where we will break even in revenue verses expenses Im not in favor of the expense...although it may be about the same as a FCS playoff run.
Yeah, no one complained about the money in the playoffs. Most wanted us to pay the NCAA for home games. I also realize I'm in the minority here, but if App is bowl eligible, I hope we're bowling!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:41 am

We are no longer FCS and George Bush is no longer president. :lol:

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:28 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:The money we would spend on a bowl would not dent salaries. We may need it to pay a stipend to athletes. So unless we get a bowl where we will break even in revenue verses expenses Im not in favor of the expense...although it may be about the same as a FCS playoff run.
Yeah, no one complained about the money in the playoffs. Most wanted us to pay the NCAA for home games. I also realize I'm in the minority here, but if App is bowl eligible, I hope we're bowling!
you are not in the minority, if APP is in a bowl there will be plenty of APPS in attendance. I think the additional practice days are the biggest advantage. I know we had that in fcs, but in FBS bowl scheme we will be guaranteed 2 - 4 weeks instead of the one and done in fcs playoffs. Plus the wear and tear on the players is only for one game.
Bring Your A Game!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:30 pm

huskie3 wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
you are not in the minority, if APP is in a bowl there will be plenty of APPS in attendance. I think the additional practice days are the biggest advantage. I know we had that in fcs, but in FBS bowl scheme we will be guaranteed 2 - 4 weeks instead of the one and done in fcs playoffs. Plus the wear and tear on the players is only for one game.
Ditto on the "Plus the wear and tear on the players is only for one game."
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:42 pm

No big surprise but request has been denied.

Tommy Bowman @AppTrailWSJ
NCAA has denied App State's waiver request. Mountaineers won't be eligible for a bowl game.

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:59 pm

That's fine. Any word on GS?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:14 pm

AppAttack wrote:That's fine. Any word on GS?
They were denied as well.

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:51 pm

hapapp wrote:
AppAttack wrote:That's fine. Any word on GS?
They were denied as well.
Good. F*** them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”