Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

700 Club (S&C Donations)

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Re: 700 Club (S&C Donations)

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:02 pm

First pic and an update from Iron Mike:

Below is a pic with chains used for strength training and accommodative resistance. You may have seen them used in some of the videos posted. There are 2 of these for every rack now.

The bumper plates will be in next week and have a lifetime warranty, first for our program.

The tendo units will be in and ready for the summer 1 session, which he has programmed for our speed guys first. The Trap Bars will be in and ready for our summer 2 session to, as he put it, "reload every ones spine for going into camp and the season".

I was asked to pass along a big thanks again and I told him we'll keep pushing to help. Every donation helps, no matter how big or small!!!
Attachments
IMG_0862.JPG

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 pm

I should have been posting these "Battle for the Belt" videos in here all along. Lots more to the Battle than just lifting with all things a part of it, including ACADEMICS. I know many have seen them posted on twitter but I'll add them in here two at a time through the current week six.

Last edited by firemoose on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:21 pm

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:23 pm

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:28 pm

One of THE most creative concepts I have seen in football for a strength training program. Pretty darn awesome!
Twitter: @wxcrum

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:02 pm

On app football Instagram, coach foster threw up 455 on bench today :shock:

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 pm

Just a little FYI note. RsFreshman OL Owen Painter tweeted the below tweet tonight:

Owen Painter @OwenCPainter
RT if you're 6'5 285

Guys usually do that to indicate what they are at. He came in at 6' 5" 270 and that's what still shows on the roster until the July update. Looks like he already added 15 lbs and from all we're hearing and seeing about the S & C program I'm betting that weight is the right kind of weight. Really looking forward to seeing what difference we show on both the lines and the backers. We'll see the results for the rest of the team (speed, quickness, intensity, etc) come fall. :D

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue May 12, 2015 5:20 pm

firemoose wrote:First pic and an update from Iron Mike:

Below is a pic with chains used for strength training and accommodative resistance. You may have seen them used in some of the videos posted. There are 2 of these for every rack now.

The bumper plates will be in next week and have a lifetime warranty, first for our program.

The tendo units will be in and ready for the summer 1 session, which he has programmed for our speed guys first. The Trap Bars will be in and ready for our summer 2 session to, as he put it, "reload every ones spine for going into camp and the season".

I was asked to pass along a big thanks again and I told him we'll keep pushing to help. Every donation helps, no matter how big or small!!!

I've been told that several people are upset that more pictures have not been posted of the "machines" we donated money for. Please see the message quoted above. The pic attached to that message showed some of the team with chains around their necks. I clearly stated that every rack now has at least two. The additional chains were first to be bought since they were needed first. Second were the bumper plates. Rubber bumper plates look just like regular free weights except they are colored for the different weight each is. We now have replaced many of our old, cracking weights that had no warranty with ones that have a lifetime warranty. You've already seen them being used in some of the videos I posted but if people would like a picture of a weight disc I'll get one of those also.

Please take note of the bolded section in the post above. The tendo units, as of last check, were not here yet but had been ordered and will hopefully be here in time for the SUMMER 1 session. Coach Mike had to go through the typical bureaucratic red tape and 30 hoops to make the order and has stated he would take some pics when they arrive and are set up. The trap bars will be used in the SUMMER 2 session to get everyone's spine aligned for the season. They are not here yet either but as soon as they are I will get a pic of a bar and then, when they are being used, more.

I thought the first post was pretty self explanatory as to what and when but I guess it wasn't. Sorry I can't check every day but I've been a little covered up with offers (there are two more waiting right now along with the new Basketball commit for 2015) plus trying to fix everything from the site upgrade. Only so many hours in the day and I have to try and add a bit of a life, what little of it there is. I do try and step away from the computer for an hour or two, even if it's just to eat, but who needs food anyway. ;)

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri May 15, 2015 9:31 am

" Sorry I can't check every day but I've been a little covered up with offers (there are two more waiting right now along with the new Basketball commit for 2015) plus trying to fix everything from the site upgrade. Only so many hours in the day and I have to try and add a bit of a life, what little of it there is. I do try and step away from the computer for an hour or two, even if it's just to eat, but who needs food anyway. "

Hell Moose - you call that an excuse??? --- weak, my friend, weak --- :shock:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon May 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Pic of some new bumper plates. Action shots to follow soon along with pics of the tendo units when they arrive and are set up.

I know some have seen the tweet Coach Mike put out, with this same shot, thinking Yosef Club members in addition to @YosefsCabin. Just force of habit from hearing about the Club all the time and it should have been Yosef's CABIN members. It'll be Cabin members from now on. I told him NO WORRIES. Just keep up the GREAT work with our teams.
Attachments
BumperPlates02.jpg

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon May 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Keep posting those videos please. I will donate another $33.33 today to the S&C fund. Football season cannot get here fast enough! Got to get revenge and beat Ga Southern on National TV on Thursday Night at THE ROCK this year guys!
Give Em Hell!!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon May 25, 2015 6:22 pm

firemoose wrote:Pic of some new bumper plates. Action shots to follow soon along with pics of the tendo units when they arrive and are set up.

I know some have seen the tweet Coach Mike put out, with this same shot, thinking Yosef Club members in addition to @YosefsCabin. Just force of habit from hearing about the Club all the time and it should have been Yosef's CABIN members. It'll be Cabin members from now on. I told him NO WORRIES. Just keep up the GREAT work with our teams.
By donating to S&C, we've made donations to Yosef. :D That makes everyone who donated both Cabin and Club. Either way, it's all good! Go Apps!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:54 pm

The Champs in the Battle for the Belt: Bomb Squad
Additional Winners-The whole team!!!

Attachments
BombSquad01.jpg

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:41 am

Next installment in the S & C series (Appalachian Powergrid) that is being run over on the Scout site. I wanted to post it in here as this is just one part of the S & C program as a whole. One additional note. The tendo units are now in and we will have some shots of them being used soon.

http://www.scout.com/college/appalachia ... supplement

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:54 pm

I posted this in one of GAS's posts but wanted to add it here. Don't be surprised when the roster updates are complete if a few of the guys actually lose a little weight. Mike has said that he made some lose fat but has been building back up muscle. And they are eating the right foods also. Big coordinated effort between S & C, Nutrition, and HES to get these guys right. In the case of linemen a 285-290 guy built of muscle is better than a 320 guy that's not. And that lineman that is correctly worked won't lose power as the game goes on like the non muscular one will. The S & C guys have put in a lot of effort to get our linemen built and eating right. And we'll see the results on the field come fall.

I'll have some pics of the tendo's in use in a few days. I've been covered up but I've messaged Mike and he'll take some action shots and send them to me to post. Not in the next two weeks as they are in the building phase for the players and then we've got the week of the 4th but after that they are going to be using the units for 4 straight weeks to get ready for camp and the season. We'll get some pics of them in use then.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:25 pm

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:32 am

As promised I have a few pics of the Tendo units in action. Just as a reminder the link below is the description of what the units do.

http://www.tendosports.com/TENDO-Units.html
Attachments
Tendo02.jpg
Tendo01.jpg

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:35 am

A couple more. I'll get a few more as they continue to use them in different configurations and in different situations getting ready for camp.
Attachments
Tendo04.jpg
Tendo03.jpg

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:48 am

We reached our goal! Big shout out to ALL who contributed towards the equipment!!! Hopefully we'll see the results from all the hard work our athletes have been putting in during the off season that will translate into success over the course of the 2015-16 season.

So Mountaineers, what should be our next goal?
-supporting Beasley's scholarship endowment
-Athletics facilities
-coaching salary endowment (assuming this is still a goal of the department)
-S&C/nutrition programs
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:27 pm

My vote is facilities. Doug Gillin stated we need more club/suite seating. A new home for the track should be on his short list IMO.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”