Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Cost per win

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Cost per win

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:19 am

I saw this posted on the SB Board. We certainly are getting our money's worth to this point.

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/12/18/cfb-co ... -winchart/

AppinVA

Re: Cost per win

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 am

We were two missed field goals from our CPW leading the nation. :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:18 am

AppinVA wrote:We were two missed field goals from our CPW leading the nation. :lol:
I'm not sure leading this category is a good thing. Only highlights how underpaid our coaches are.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:42 am

Another way to look at it is that a whole lot of schools are getting screwed.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:10 pm

bcoach wrote:Another way to look at it is that a whole lot of schools are getting screwed.
That's a fair point. While we may be low on the spectrum, there are certainly several that are high. I wish coaching staffs had a salary cap as it's ridiculous how high their salaries have gotten. If players weren't playing for free, their salaries would probably not have gotten so out of control.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:44 am

Yosef wrote:
bcoach wrote:Another way to look at it is that a whole lot of schools are getting screwed.
That's a fair point. While we may be low on the spectrum, there are certainly several that are high. I wish coaching staffs had a salary cap as it's ridiculous how high their salaries have gotten. If players weren't playing for free, their salaries would probably not have gotten so out of control.
Why do you think so many coaches and ADs tie themselves in knots trying to come up with a rationale for why players shouldn't be paid? It can actually be comical at times.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:19 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Yosef wrote:
Why do you think so many coaches and ADs tie themselves in knots trying to come up with a rationale for why players shouldn't be paid? It can actually be comical at times.
Just curious. Are you in favor of paying track team members, both M & W, M & W Basketball, Cross Country, "Raslers," et al?

Not necessarily posting to you directly.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:11 pm

NewApp wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
Yosef wrote:
Just curious. Are you in favor of paying track team members, both M & W, M & W Basketball, Cross Country, "Raslers," et al?

Not necessarily posting to you directly.
I am not in favor of any athlete getting paid any more than they already are. I also can not think of any collage Div 1 head coach who is not overpaid. The whole system is WAY out of control. If you look at how things are going it is not sustainable.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”