Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

If we were playing today ---

WVAPPeer
School: Other

If we were playing today ---

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:16 pm

if APP were playing today in either of the two SB bowl games, what kind of crowd would we have? - who would have attended? --- UL-L had a good turnout but they are close by NOLA ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

diehardapp18
School: Appalachian State

Re: If we were playing today ---

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:36 pm

if we got the bowl in mobile that's a very drive-able distance for a lot of app fans. i think that game isn't until january but i think we'd have a respectable crowd there. wouldn't pack the stands or anything, but i think we'd have decent numbers. now new orleans is a HAUL... my dad was even saying last night we would definitely go to bowl games in Alabama, but the one in New Orleans could be a different story

e: mistake montgomery is the most drive-able for app fans. you can make it to montgomery in under 6 hours from charlotte, mobile, however will take you around 8 (according to google). camellia bowl would be the best for app location-wise

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:14 pm

I'll do my darnedest to get to any bowl game that App plays in. I've already told my wife I'll be at the one next year (God willing). Drive or fly, it doesn't matter to me.
Give 'em hell!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:20 pm

diehardapp18 wrote:if we got the bowl in mobile that's a very drive-able distance for a lot of app fans. i think that game isn't until january but i think we'd have a respectable crowd there. wouldn't pack the stands or anything, but i think we'd have decent numbers. now new orleans is a HAUL... my dad was even saying last night we would definitely go to bowl games in Alabama, but the one in New Orleans could be a different story

e: mistake montgomery is the most drive-able for app fans. you can make it to montgomery in under 6 hours from charlotte, mobile, however will take you around 8 (according to google). camellia bowl would be the best for app location-wise
If you're just driving down for the game, the shortest drive would be the most appealing. If you're planning to stay a few days and enjoy the destination city, New Orleans (or Orlando) would be well worth the longer travel iMO.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:29 pm

If it's before the New Year I'll be there no doubt. Hopefully our post New Years bowl tie in stays on Sunday.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:32 pm

I'd be there, even if it's just driving the night before (day of) and returning home. I hope we actually get to have this conversation next year. As thrilled as I am with the way the season played out, it's kind of a bummer watching the FCS playoffs and the bowls kicking into gear while we're sitting out this year.

Gnomeneer

Unread post by Gnomeneer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:38 pm

I'm already planning to start a budget for a bowl trip next year. We enjoyed our trip to Montana last year, had a blast at the ULL game this year, and looking forward to the ULM game plus a bowl game in 2015.

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Wherever and whenever App plays it's first bowl game, I will be there. I'm saving my Delta Skymiles just for that special occasion.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:16 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:if we got the bowl in mobile that's a very drive-able distance for a lot of app fans. i think that game isn't until january but i think we'd have a respectable crowd there. wouldn't pack the stands or anything, but i think we'd have decent numbers. now new orleans is a HAUL... my dad was even saying last night we would definitely go to bowl games in Alabama, but the one in New Orleans could be a different story

If you're just driving down for the game, the shortest drive would be the most appealing. If you're planning to stay a few days and enjoy the destination city, New Orleans (or Orlando) would be well worth the longer travel iMO.
i definitely get what you're saying but there are a few things to remember here. if it gets to a really far distance you'll have to fly, and that's extremely expensive especially around the holidays. that gets into the timing of these games, with a lot of them being so close to christmas how long on a trip can you really make it? if you make it a 2 or 3 night stay you should have time to have plenty of fun apart from the game as well as be home for the holidays. new orleans and especially orlando would be awesome places for a bowl game, but that would be extremely difficult to get to for someone like me and i'm sure i'm not the only one that feels the same. i'm just being realistic camellia would be the best game to get if he want good fan support. i could probably possibly make mobile too.

AtlantaMountaineer

Unread post by AtlantaMountaineer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:33 pm

I definitely plan to attend the first bowl game that App receives and invite. I would prefer Orlando or NO, butI would also go to Montgomery or Mobile. Living in ATL it will be a shorter drive for me but I would just be happy to celebrate App's first bowl game since moving to FBS.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:26 pm

I say we would bring around 4K, maybe a little more. Was in New Orleans a few weeks ago for the ULL game. If we were playing there, it would be one hell of a party....
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

TurfMonkey

Unread post by TurfMonkey » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Will not miss the APP's first bowl game since the Burley Bowl.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:53 pm

I'd hitchhike if I had to.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

dubs21

Unread post by dubs21 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Pre-Christtmas bowls suck unless easy driving distance.

Saint: why sunday only for Post New Years? Tax Season?

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:58 pm

Work. I might be able to do a day trip, but I'd like to get the true bowl experience.

bh2oson

Unread post by bh2oson » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:32 am

First off - I am going to be there when App plays in a bowl game. I hope it is next year!
I saw on the Sun Belt board that when Louisiana was first getting a chance to go to a bowl, their athletic department got credit card reservations from their fans to each of the possible bowl games. This way they were able to go to the bowl reps and say we already have X amount tickets sold for your bowl if you invite us. This may be a good idea for App since the Sun Belt has local schools for 3 of the 4 bowls next year.
bh2oson aka Bill Waterson

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:50 am

I'm looking to retire in August, will have more free time, I'll be there.

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:44 am

WataugaMan wrote:I'm looking to retire in August, will have more free time, I'll be there.
Congrats, WataugaMan.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:57 am

I doubt I would go nowadays to a bowl game that APP would be in - not for lack of interest, but more that we don't travel much anymore and Social Security doesn't cover travel :o
But the major bowls games we have attended have been the New Year's Day games and I'm not sure we could ever swing a pre-Christmas game ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:16 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:I doubt I would go nowadays to a bowl game that APP would be in - not for lack of interest, but more that we don't travel much anymore and Social Security doesn't cover travel :o
But the major bowls games we have attended have been the New Year's Day games and I'm not sure we could ever swing a pre-Christmas game ---
Not to mention you would have to leave several days in advance to have time to get to one of these bowls in your shiny Tin Lizzie. But hey, at least it's better than the horse buggy you retired when you got your new car. ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”