Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Wednesday Scrimmage

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Wednesday Scrimmage

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:21 am

That is certainly true. I do think this team will be a force as the season progresses. I'm not sure if we will be there come Sept 1. We still have two weeks and at this point, that is more time than they have been on the field to this point. I'm excited and more than ready for the season to start. However, I think we need to be realistic in our expectations at this point.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 pm

GREAT - can we get you to cover the FanFest game like this? - thanks ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:11 pm

No Rep for bigc? Come on guys? :shock:

Cincy App

Unread post by Cincy App » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Hapapp, I'm in the glass half full group at this stage. I realize we have a young team but all teams have question marks at this stage of the preseason. Our returning defense is very experienced while our offense is not. Our defense should keep us in games until our offense gets rolling. Talent has not been a problem recently at ASU. I think our new coaching group will be much more successful motivating our team and it will show on the field. The major obstacle for early success is our challenging schedule. The Montana and Chattanooga games will define the first part of the season. Realistically, we should be slight favorites in both games. Time will tell. I have high expectations but will try to be realistic as the season progresses. Looking forward to FanFest this weekend!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:07 am

I didn't mean to sound like I was throwing in the towel on this team. I think there is great potential for this edition of ASU football. I do believe that this team will get better and better as the season progresses. I think the next couple of years are going to be exciting to watch as I believe there is as much talent in camp as we have had in a long time. I'm just not sure how fast a start we will get this year. It is a tough schedule with an unusually tough start to the season.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:14 am

hapapp wrote:I didn't mean to sound like I was throwing in the towel on this team. I think there is great potential for this edition of ASU football. I do believe that this team will get better and better as the season progresses. I think the next couple of years are going to be exciting to watch as I believe there is as much talent in camp as we have had in a long time. I'm just not sure how fast a start we will get this year. It is a tough schedule with an unusually tough start to the season.
Hapapp: I tried to give you a "reputation point" for your post, but accidentally hit the minus button. My apologies. I didn't want you to think I was disagreeing with you. Quite the contrary.

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:18 am

AppGrad78 wrote:
hapapp wrote:I didn't mean to sound like I was throwing in the towel on this team. I think there is great potential for this edition of ASU football. I do believe that this team will get better and better as the season progresses. I think the next couple of years are going to be exciting to watch as I believe there is as much talent in camp as we have had in a long time. I'm just not sure how fast a start we will get this year. It is a tough schedule with an unusually tough start to the season.
Hapapp: I tried to give you a "reputation point" for your post, but accidentally hit the minus button. My apologies. I didn't want you to think I was disagreeing with you. Quite the contrary.
I cancelled it out for you 78.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:51 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:

No problem. I wouldn't have even noticed. I don't really understand the "reputation" thing anyway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”