Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tailgating

tnmountaineer
School: Appalachian State

Tailgating

Unread post by tnmountaineer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:45 pm

We are new to the mountaineer family, so where is the best place to tailgate on game day? Our family absolutely loves the coaching staff, school, and the Boone area. And most of all we are truly excited to see our kid suit up and deliver some pancakes.

DaphneUrquhart

Re: Tailgating

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Welcome to the family! I imagine you'll be getting family tickets through your son (congratulations!).

Have you joined the Yosef Club yet? If you can swing that at the $250 level (if I recall correctly), you'll get a parking pass for either the Library (pronounced Liberry around here :D ) deck or the Rivers St deck. Of course, as your Yosef donation increases, your parking changes. I believe most of the Stadium lot is now $2500+.

Tailgating is great everywhere. I'm already looking forward to the family reunion that happens at each game. We've parked close to the same folks for years now and really do enjoy hanging out together. You'll find folks all over campus to be quite welcoming. Wherever you tailgate, you'll make friends quickly.

You may want to ask your son to ask his teammates where their parents park and then try to hook up with them. You could also do something as simple as making a pan of brownies and then just tagging on with any tailgate in town. We have all sorts of folks tailgate with us each year.

If you have questions about Yosef, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Again, welcome to the family!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:36 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:Welcome to the family! I imagine you'll be getting family tickets through your son (congratulations!).

Have you joined the Yosef Club yet? If you can swing that at the $250 level (if I recall correctly), you'll get a parking pass for either the Library (pronounced Liberry around here :D ) deck or the Rivers St deck. Of course, as your Yosef donation increases, your parking changes. I believe most of the Stadium lot is now $2500+.

Tailgating is great everywhere. I'm already looking forward to the family reunion that happens at each game. We've parked close to the same folks for years now and really do enjoy hanging out together. You'll find folks all over campus to be quite welcoming. Wherever you tailgate, you'll make friends quickly.

You may want to ask your son to ask his teammates where their parents park and then try to hook up with them. You could also do something as simple as making a pan of brownies and then just tagging on with any tailgate in town. We have all sorts of folks tailgate with us each year.

If you have questions about Yosef, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Again, welcome to the family!
Daphne, isn't the Library deck, first come- first serve with a parking pass? If not, I'm a gonna get me one.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Yes, both Liberry and Rivers St decks are what is called "festival" parking. That translates into first come - first serve.

You've got to donate a bit more to get priority numbered parking.

http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArtic ... M_ID=21500

#GiveYosef

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:06 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:Yes, both Liberry and Rivers St decks are what is called "festival" parking. That translates into first come - first serve.

Thought so. Festival seating is what got an investment entity I owned a bankrupting law suit over. I can see me playing push and shove vs a big SUV with my little Altima.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:08 pm

tnmountaineer wrote:We are new to the mountaineer family, so where is the best place to tailgate on game day? Our family absolutely loves the coaching staff, school, and the Boone area. And most of all we are truly excited to see our kid suit up and deliver some pancakes.
Not much more than the rest of us will in watching him.
Google SUX

tnmountaineer

Unread post by tnmountaineer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Thanks for the responses and the warm welcome. We are planning on joining the Yosef club and look forward to meeting everyone. He checked into the dorm Sunday,so we had a chance to meet a lot of the other freshmen. This class has a ton of potential and I believe the coaching staff will bring out the best in all of them. The offensive line class will be very fun to watch after a year or two in the weight room. I'm also very impressed with the coaching staff. They truly care about the kids and the fans. And they are very confident about the upcoming season,so expect good things this year.
Last edited by tnmountaineer on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:46 am

NewApp wrote:
DaphneUrquhart wrote:Yes, both Liberry and Rivers St decks are what is called "festival" parking. That translates into first come - first serve.

Thought so. Festival seating is what got an investment entity I owned a bankrupting law suit over. I can see me playing push and shove vs a big SUV with my little Altima.
It's not a problem if one tailgates properly ... that is hours and hours before kickoff. :D

#GiveYosef

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:18 am

If you get a Liberry pass, as long as you're there at least 2 hours before kickoff, you should be fine..

Our group is on the very top of the deck by 9am at the absolute latest -- come say hey!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:09 pm

Stop by the Duncan Lot (spots 22-30) and hang out with our group of 20+. Some of the parents of the players hang out with us, plus you will get to see your son walk by during the Mountaineer Walk. We have a lot of fun. Always have and always will.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

tnmountaineer

Unread post by tnmountaineer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:18 pm

We will be there. And we are looking forward to meeting everyone. Thank you for all of the invites. We know he made the right decision choosing Appalachian State.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:28 pm

You are welcome to come by stadium spot 320 any time. Been there since they graded the gravel lot and found pavement in Boone.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:34 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
NewApp wrote:

It's not a problem if one tailgates properly ... that is hours and hours before kickoff. :D
No thanks. I might run into Gonzo and have to pour a beer on him. :D
Google SUX

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:52 pm

NewApp wrote:
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
NewApp wrote:

No thanks. I might run into Gonzo and have to pour a beer on him. :D
Just don't get it on my jorts.

You can usually find me at Big C's, in jorts, surrounded by beautiful women.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Must be the kind of women who will hang around with anybody. :)
Google SUX

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:46 pm

tnmountaineer wrote:Thanks for the responses and the warm welcome. We are planning on joining the Yosef club and look forward to meeting everyone. He checked into the dorm Sunday,so we had a chance to meet a lot of the other freshmen. This class has a ton of potential and I believe the coaching staff will bring out the best in all of them. The offensive line class will be very fun to watch after a year or two in the weight room. I'm also very impressed with the coaching staff. They truly care about the kids and the fans. And they are very confident about the upcoming season,so expect good things this year.
I watched his highlight reel. Wow! The O-line will be stronger for his presence. He's fortunate to have a Coach like Dwayne Ledford, too.

#GiveYosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”