Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ticket Packages

appmaj
School: Appalachian State

Ticket Packages

Unread post by appmaj » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Looks like per twitter that ticket packages are being put together :D :D :D

asutrnr81

Re: Ticket Packages

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:11 pm

All is right with the world! :shock:
Go APPS!

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Can't wait to get these tickets ! Will be lurking at my mailbox every day now. Please , oh please, let our APPS run roughshod over our non conference opponents this season and run through the sunbelt like a batch of long john silvers fish on a road trip . :twisted:

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:01 pm

Yes! Leigh Morrow and the Yosef staff have outdone themselves in organizing everything this year. I think folks will like both the Yosef sticker and AD gift.

There are some new things this year. Everyone gets a Yosef card. Folks who are eligible for hospitality room access will have a Yosef card that indicates such. Rather than having a separate coupon book, the Yosef card will serve as a discount card at various businesses. The list of discounts will be published online and updated as new businesses both on and off the mountain sign up.

If you get your tickets other than in your own name, you may find that your packet doesn't have parking passes. Remember, parking benefits are only available to season ticket holders. If you have season tickets through someone else and don't get parking passes in your packet, please take a deep breath and remember that it's impossible to tell if Joe Smith has tickets purchased by Jim Brown. Then pick up the phone, call the Yosef office, and ask that they send you the passes.

Helpful hints:
Keep both your Gold Book and Yosef accounts updated with your most recent contact info.
Be consistent in the name you use on both.
If you donate to Yosef at a level high enough to qualify for parking, purchase your tickets in your own name. The ticket office can assist you with this.
Remember that there are thousands of parking spaces and nearly as many special requests that go with them. Stay reasonable.
Benefits come from Yosef; tickets come from the ticket office - direct your concerns to the right place.

Of the folks working today, only a very few are paid Yosef staff. The remainder of us are volunteers who just love App. So far, I think we've done a very good job, though I am certain we've made at least one mistake.

I believe the ticket packets will go out as early as Friday.

Hang on , App fans! Football's coming!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:58 pm

does anyone have an idea how many season ticket packages we have sold this year?

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:23 am

moehler wrote:does anyone have an idea how many season ticket packages we have sold this year?
I'm not sure. I can tell you that the half season packets seem to be fewer than other years from a packet stuffing point of view. When they came out with the half season three Saturdays packet I thought there would be more of those than there were to pack yesterday.

I've been all excited about starting the season at home for a change and was surprised to hear conversations yesterday about not liking starting at home because Labor Day weekend is the last chance to go anywhere for the summer. Silly me can't imagine going anywhere other than an App football game on Labor Day weekend. :)

#GiveYosef

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:32 am

the Howard game probably isn't going to be attended well, personally, I think using Labor Day as the excuse, is weak, but it is what it is. Looking at the schedule, it is so uneven, we play most of the first half of the season on the road, then we come home for 3 straight games, with 2 of them on Thursday night, no wonder people aren't spending money on season tickets. On the other hand, GS season tickets this year, if you believe them, has passed 7 thousand, but them you look at their schedule and it is much more balanced, and fan friendly. I'm not for complaining, but you got to admit the SBC has been much kinder, in terms of scheduling and difficulty of scheduling for GS than they have been with us. For the second straight year, we will have one of the most difficult schedule in the SBC, while GS, will again, have on of the easiest. It almost feels like we are being punished by the SBC, maybe they still are pissed that we turned them down the first time, and their making us pay alittle bit.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:07 am

moehler wrote:the Howard game probably isn't going to be attended well, personally, I think using Labor Day as the excuse, is weak, but it is what it is. Looking at the schedule, it is so uneven, we play most of the first half of the season on the road, then we come home for 3 straight games, with 2 of them on Thursday night, no wonder people aren't spending money on season tickets. On the other hand, GS season tickets this year, if you believe them, has passed 7 thousand, but them you look at their schedule and it is much more balanced, and fan friendly. I'm not for complaining, but you got to admit the SBC has been much kinder, in terms of scheduling and difficulty of scheduling for GS than they have been with us. For the second straight year, we will have one of the most difficult schedule in the SBC, while GS, will again, have on of the easiest. It almost feels like we are being punished by the SBC, maybe they still are pissed that we turned them down the first time, and their making us pay alittle bit.
Agreed on the Labor day excuse. Summer is 10-12 weeks long for most families with kids so there is no reason people can't have vacations taken care of by then. Everyone is back in school by then so at the most people are getting a long weekend. Why not rent a cabin and spend the weekend in Boone for vacation?

As for GS ticket sales, I believe they had a tough time selling tickets last year when they had 2 Thursday night games at home. I believe we have sold somewhere around 8,000-8,500 season tickets the past few years, but last I heard we are 80% or so of last years sales. That would put us somewhere in the 6,000-6,800 range. So basically they are just now getting to the level we are usually at.

In 2017 we should have a big jump in season ticket sales especially if the next 2 years are successful We have Wake and GS at home, and should at least have ULL and maybe stAte at home. I'm hoping we top 10,000 in ticket sales that year.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:49 am

if we can come anywhere close to last years season ticket numbers, it would be a small miracle, and a testament to the App faithful in support of the team considering this schedule. It just amazes me, looking at that schedule, that we would be able to draw more than 20 thousand for any particular game, it is such an unfriendly schedule setup for the fans.

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:14 am

moehler wrote:if we can come anywhere close to last years season ticket numbers, it would be a small miracle, and a testament to the App faithful in support of the team considering this schedule. It just amazes me, looking at that schedule, that we would be able to draw more than 20 thousand for any particular game, it is such an unfriendly schedule setup for the fans.
...and yet the YOSEF club raised a record 3Mil +. Seems counter intuitive!
Go APPS!

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:28 am

asutrnr81 wrote:
moehler wrote:if we can come anywhere close to last years season ticket numbers, it would be a small miracle, and a testament to the App faithful in support of the team considering this schedule. It just amazes me, looking at that schedule, that we would be able to draw more than 20 thousand for any particular game, it is such an unfriendly schedule setup for the fans.
...and yet the YOSEF club raised a record 3Mil +. Seems counter intuitive!
ya, it just amazes me the true support we have for the program, a lot of GS fans on other boards are doing a lot of crowing about how great their fan base is, and how well they travel and support their team, but when push comes to shove, and you actually look at things such as yosef club dontations, compared to Eagle donations, there is no comparison. Like someone said before, 2017 should shape up to be a better year for us, but we still have to get thru this hell year. After this schedule if we still, at the end of the year are one of the top teams in terms of attendance, I don't think there is any doubt we have the most loyal, and true support fans, thru thick and thin, in the entire SBC.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:32 am

Most groups would have a pyramid membership, in which there is a broad base that gives a little (single game tickets, donations, etc), a smaller group that gives (half season, higher donations), and then a smaller group that buys season tickets and larger donations. Our fanbase is almost like an inverse of a typical distribution model. The ones that give, really give.

I've been a big proponent for growing the base for many years, it isn't as glamorous but it pays dividends long term.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Saint3333 wrote:Most groups would have a pyramid membership, in which there is a broad base that gives a little (single game tickets, donations, etc), a smaller group that gives (half season, higher donations), and then a smaller group that buys season tickets and larger donations. Our fanbase is almost like an inverse of a typical distribution model. The ones that give, really give.

I've been a big proponent for growing the base for many years, it isn't as glamorous but it pays dividends long term.
I was encouraged in packing tickets that there seemed to be more Yosef members who get no benefits other than their sticker than I remember in past years. I, too, am a proponent of "if everyone gives something, then no one has to give everything."

In the end it's never about points or parking passes or even tickets. It's always about our student athletes in all 20 sports and the love of Appalachian State.

#GiveYosef

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Are packages being UPS'd today or tomorrow?

Leaving for vacation tomorrow afternoon late for a week, and need to know if I should have my neighbor be on the look out Friday for a UPS!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:49 pm

sixtoes9134 wrote:Are packages being UPS'd today or tomorrow?

Leaving for vacation tomorrow afternoon late for a week, and need to know if I should have my neighbor be on the look out Friday for a UPS!
They may go out as late as Monday, but I think they were going to try and get them out this week. Definitely have the neighbor on the lookout. There's gold in them there packages!

#GiveYosef

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:34 pm

moehler wrote:the Howard game probably isn't going to be attended well, personally, I think using Labor Day as the excuse, is weak, but it is what it is. Looking at the schedule, it is so uneven, we play most of the first half of the season on the road, then we come home for 3 straight games, with 2 of them on Thursday night, no wonder people aren't spending money on season tickets. On the other hand, GS season tickets this year, if you believe them, has passed 7 thousand, but them you look at their schedule and it is much more balanced, and fan friendly. I'm not for complaining, but you got to admit the SBC has been much kinder, in terms of scheduling and difficulty of scheduling for GS than they have been with us. For the second straight year, we will have one of the most difficult schedule in the SBC, while GS, will again, have on of the easiest. It almost feels like we are being punished by the SBC, maybe they still are pissed that we turned them down the first time, and their making us pay alittle bit.

Yeah we kinda got bitten by scheduling this year. As far as the two toughest teams on our schedule but not GS's, that's just how the sytem goes. Every two years two opponents will rotate off the schedule and two new ones will rotate on. We drew the short straw our first 2 years in the league. As far as two thursday night games in 3 weeks - I completely blame the Sunbelt Conference for signing off on that. A 5 day turn around twice in 3 weeks is BRUTAL considering one is a rivalry game and the other is against a perennial top team.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppRy

Unread post by AppRy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:48 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
I'm not sure. I can tell you that the half season packets seem to be fewer than other years from a packet stuffing point of view. When they came out with the half season three Saturdays packet I thought there would be more of those than there were to pack yesterday.
I fear the Halloween game might be having an aaffect there. Especially not knowing the time. We never hesitated; we were always coming. But with a 2 year old I can understand why others would pause and at least not want to make the commitment this early. As much as I wish they would.

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Just got the email with the tracking number....

:P :D

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:25 pm

appmaj wrote:Just got the email with the tracking number....

:P :D
Me too!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

shhelms

Unread post by shhelms » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:23 pm

I received my tracking e-mail too! However, I was surprised to see that it was shipping to my old address. We no longer live there, and I updated my address in Gold Book over two months ago. I talked with UPS and they said I need to contact the sender since it doesn't appear to have shipped yet. So I called the Yosef Club office and it rang and rang and rang. I did leave a VM for Natalie Harkey. Hoping that this gets corrected and soon!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”