Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Miami (The U) in Boone next year (yes this is football)

TheMoody1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Miami (The U) in Boone next year (yes this is football)

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:33 am

MtnDevil95 wrote:As long as we don't have to use an ACC officiating crew, I'm all about this!

Especially the crew that did the Miami/Duke game. :D

ELCubano1

Unread post by ELCubano1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:46 am

I'm completely in favor of this H/H with the U. Finally, an App State game that will be 15 minutes from my house instead of the 13-14 hour trip to Boone. However, I will also make the 13-14 hour trip to Boone to watch us play them at KBS. I, for one, don't mind the trip to see our Apps play because once I'm there I feel like I'm in heaven in God's country...GO APPS!!!
Last edited by ELCubano1 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:47 am

I expect that ACC crew to show up in a Socon game. If this game indeed takes place we better have our special teams do some off-season game planning on the old 7 or 8 laterals, 2 or three blocks in the back, fake knee on the ground before lateral, 12th man on the field, just in case they need him, kick-off return play :lol:

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:52 am

MtnDevil95 wrote:As long as we don't have to use an ACC officiating crew, I'm all about this!
Eh, if they call 23 penalties on Miami again, I'll take our chances. ;)
Last edited by EastHallApp on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigapp

Unread post by bigapp » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:09 am

We will have a very experienced team next year, with Miami getting a new coach.

I like this matchup. Very much. I might even fly home from the south pacific for it :D

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:14 am

This would be a cool game no doubt. What is the elevation variance between the U and App? This would have to break the record for any home game elevation variance!

Seriously though don't we pretty much bring back the entire defense except for Blair? As long as we leave Knoxville without significant injuries I like our chances.

ELCubano1

Unread post by ELCubano1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:38 am

I live 15 minutes from Sun Life Stadium and the elevation at a weather station close to me is 7 feet above seal level. Most, if not all of the Miami area, is right about sea level...very flat!

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:38 am

bigdaddyg wrote:This would be a cool game no doubt. What is the elevation variance between the U and App? This would have to break the record for any home game elevation variance!
I know you're half kidding, but if you were talking east of the Mississippi, you might have something there! But with Wyoming sitting up at 7215 ft, even App playing them would be a wider variance. (And the Colorado, New Mexico and Utah schools are all a good bit higher than us.)

This is exciting news, though! I was skeptical of the NCCU game when it was scheduled after UMass dropped out, but looking at it as an easily bought-out local game makes a lot more sense.

I'm holding off on too much celebration until we get some official confirmation, though.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:44 am

appchicago wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:This would be a cool game no doubt. What is the elevation variance between the U and App? This would have to break the record for any home game elevation variance!
I know you're half kidding, but if you were talking east of the Mississippi, you might have something there! But with Wyoming sitting up at 7215 ft, even App playing them would be a wider variance. (And the Colorado, New Mexico and Utah schools are all a good bit higher than us.)

This is exciting news, though! I was skeptical of the NCCU game when it was scheduled after UMass dropped out, but looking at it as an easily bought-out local game makes a lot more sense.

I'm holding off on too much celebration until we get some official confirmation, though.
It was just a silly comment. I was referring to teams that we have played at home over the years. I thought about Wyoming. Guess that would be the topper.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:19 pm

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:22 pm

I'm fine with games like these, but we have to be careful not to schedule too many within 1 season. It sounds great now, but we have Tenn & maybe Miami early, but will 2 early losses negate the good will

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:26 pm

yosef95 wrote:will 2 early losses negate the good will
I believe both Tennesse and Miami will be able to take those losses well. Besides we're an up and coming program and may even be ranked in the top 25 by then.

ashugh

Unread post by ashugh » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:33 pm

I think we can be competitive with Miami in Boone. UT is a whole different story. They have had 3 or 4 straight top 10 classes, some say top 5, they are young but growing up quickly, they took Alabama to the wire on the road and they might not lose again this year. They're going to battle for the SEC East with Florida next year. I'm not a homer, either. I despise UT, but I'm a realist.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Fantastic if we can get The U to The Rock, they already go to Durham and Winston-Salem biannually. If we don't set an new attendance record for the biggest name to ever come to Boone, I'll be shocked.

Whatever coaching situation Miami is in next season they will have more talent on the field than APP could field from an All Star team of ASU players over the last 4 seasons. Based on geography, Miami can recruit with most anyone, however they have a terrible homefield situation-40 miles from campus. Hope their new coach has struggles getting his system implemented before they get to Boone.
Last edited by Black Saturday on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLACK SATURDAY

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:36 pm

ashugh wrote:I think we can be competitive with Miami in Boone. UT is a whole different story. They have had 3 or 4 straight top 10 classes, some say top 5, they are young but growing up quickly, they took Alabama to the wire on the road and they might not lose again this year. They're going to battle for the SEC East with Florida next year. I'm not a homer, either. I despise UT, but I'm a realist.
Seems like we most always manage to catch our money game on their upswing.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:57 pm

ELCubano1 wrote:I'm completely in favor of this H/H with the U. Finally, an App State game that will be 15 minutes from my house instead of the 13-14 hour trip to Boone. However, I will also make the 13-14 hour trip to Boone to watch us play them at KBS. I, for one, don't mind the trip to see our Apps play because once I'm there I feel like I'm in heaven in God's country...GO APPS!!!
Cubano,

I'll look forward to having my tailgate catered by El Mago de las Fritas when we go down there!

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:11 pm

Black Saturday wrote:Seems like we most always manage to catch our money game on their upswing.

Like #5 Michigan in '07. ;)

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
ashugh wrote:I think we can be competitive with Miami in Boone. UT is a whole different story. They have had 3 or 4 straight top 10 classes, some say top 5, they are young but growing up quickly, they took Alabama to the wire on the road and they might not lose again this year. They're going to battle for the SEC East with Florida next year. I'm not a homer, either. I despise UT, but I'm a realist.
Seems like we most always manage to catch our money game on their upswing.
In fairness, Tennessee has been "on the upswing" for about a decade now.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:16 pm

Forget scheduling easy! Anyone, Anytime, Anyplace!!!

Not to mention, the U is no longer a perrenial top 10 program. The Canes are exactly the kind of P5 team any G5 program needs to be trying to schedule.

I've seen a few posts from opposing fan bases stating we're scheduling ourselves out of the Access Bowl. Who do folks think the G5 team is going to be playing on New Years? It's not a Kirk Herbstreit cupcake!
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:17 pm

yosef95 wrote:I'm fine with games like these, but we have to be careful not to schedule too many within 1 season. It sounds great now, but we have Tenn & maybe Miami early, but will 2 early losses negate the good will
IF we are fortunate to finish this season strong, and that is within reasonable possibilities. We could end up 12-1 with a bowl win. IF that happens almost certainly start next season ranked in the top 25.

Therefore, why is it so absurd that winning one or both of these games would be out of reach/possibilities? Our program is on the upswing, higher expectations are normal and should happen, these games and the real potential of winning one or both should be not be dismissed as some crazy notion anymore.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”