Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Just an observation

Dmanuhone
School: Appalachian State

Re: Just an observation

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:30 pm

11-28-15 rice vs uncc right before kickoff

well file too large to post but check it out here on page 2

http://csnbbs.com/thread-760228-page-2.html
Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:37 pm

For students for whom the family situation fits, I think it's great to get back on campus early for these games. It just doesn't work for everyone. I think that most on here understand that. I do think that offering the extra discounted tickets to students is a great idea. I don't know how much advance notice was given this year, but this could allow students to get family or friends to join them for the game. I think that the AD staff will continue coming up with ideas to help fill the stadium.

I hope the SBC doesn't continue to penalize App for our support by giving us multiple Thurs night games and holiday weekends. I know the conference money is better than it was in FCS and the money games are considerably bigger, but I would love to see the stadium overflowing again (like everyone else on here).

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:04 pm

Dmanuhone wrote:11-28-15 rice vs uncc right before kickoff

well file too large to post but check it out here on page 2

http://csnbbs.com/thread-760228-page-2.html
That's depressing. I can't imagine how the players felt walking out to that.
Give 'em hell!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:51 pm

16,500 + was the listed attendance on ESPN. Hmmm.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Holy cow! I've never seen anything that bad. And I've been to games at GA State and Samford! Didn't at least some parents show up?!?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:More students should come back for the game. Too bad a lot would rather stay home with mommy and daddy instead.
It seems pretty ridiculous for bashing students for prioritizing family time over the holidays. I never understood the students who run home EVERY weekend, but I really can't blame those who take advantage of the long holiday weekend. I wish they'd come back for the game also...maybe make it a family affair, but that's not a realistic option for everyone.
The ones on campus have no where to park on game day.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

BlueCreekAppFan

Unread post by BlueCreekAppFan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Rivalry games are absolutely a big draw for Thanksgiving weekend, but I am not sure GS / App rivalry will work. I think proximity helps build the motivation. I suspect our best bet will be CC as our closest in-conference rival, unless we can do something regularly against ECU or WFU.

While our son was at Florida State, we enjoyed the Seminole/Gator games and related events, changing our family Thanksgiving tradition 5 years. Our son was in the Marching Chiefs. He couldn't come home unless he could be back on campus in time to practice (and travel) with the band.

What a great experience (for him and us). Enthusiasm beyond my wildest dreams; games that have meaning late in November. Just being around town was electric. The stadiums were always sold out; the student sections always full.

I hope we can find a good rival and build that kind of event.

Oh, and yes, I was in Boone yesterday with family. Yes, WE DID miss the students in the stadium. U-La-La should be thankful that it was not a normal home crowd at the Rock.

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:47 pm

BlueCreekAppFan wrote:Rivalry games are absolutely a big draw for Thanksgiving weekend, but I am not sure GS / App rivalry will work. I think proximity helps build the motivation. I suspect our best bet will be CC as our closest in-conference rival, unless we can do something regularly against ECU or WFU.

While our son was at Florida State, we enjoyed the Seminole/Gator games and related events, changing our family

Oh, and yes, I was in Boone yesterday with family. Yes, WE DID miss the students in the stadium. U-La-La should be thankful that it was not a normal home crowd at the Rock.
I'm not sure it would've mattered. LL's sideline had NO energy. I told my father-in-law I thought they looked like Georgia State last year in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appgrunt71

Unread post by appgrunt71 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised with the turn out yesterday. It was a very good crowd for the holiday weekend. But, for this game the stadium was not the normal "ROCK." The energy level was nonexistent. Clearly, we missed the students. On the other hand, the crowd stayed, which was awesome. Boone seemed disserted, although the restaurants were doing a robust business and the campus was shut down, nothing seemed in place to encourage the students to come back (my impression). But, you know, over 16000 alumni and fans is not a bad turn out for a holiday weekend game. Would the students return to campus for a GS game over the Thanksgiving weekend? The rivalry is not deep enough. I suppose that most students know very little about GS and I expect that very few of our students have friends attending GS. The rivalry has to have a deep emotional connection, not only for the players, but the students as well, eg Duke/Carolina in basketball, NC State/Carolina in football. We have friends and neighbors that went to those schools! This rivalry thing will take time until it festers to point that develops a deep passionate dislike. The only public universities near us that could possibly fit the bill sometime in the future are ECU, Charlotte, and perhaps Marshall. Just my thoughts.

teeter88

Unread post by teeter88 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:47 pm

appgrunt71 wrote:Actually, I was pleasantly surprised with the turn out yesterday. It was a very good crowd for the holiday weekend. But, for this game the stadium was not the normal "ROCK." The energy level was nonexistent. Clearly, we missed the students. On the other hand, the crowd stayed, which was awesome. Boone seemed disserted, although the restaurants were doing a robust business and the campus was shut down, nothing seemed in place to encourage the students to come back (my impression). But, you know, over 16000 alumni and fans is not a bad turn out for a holiday weekend game. Would the students return to campus for a GS game over the Thanksgiving weekend? The rivalry is not deep enough. I suppose that most students know very little about GS and I expect that very few of our students have friends attending GS. The rivalry has to have a deep emotional connection, not only for the players, but the students as well, eg Duke/Carolina in basketball, NC State/Carolina in football. We have friends and neighbors that went to those schools! This rivalry thing will take time until it festers to point that develops a deep passionate dislike. The only public universities near us that could possibly fit the bill sometime in the future are ECU, Charlotte, and perhaps Marshall. Just my thoughts.
The GS that is being mentioned is Georgia Southern which of course is probably our only and biggest rival in the Sun Belt.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:14 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:More students should come back for the game. Too bad a lot would rather stay home with mommy and daddy instead.
Get over yourself. All the dining hall are closed and none of the resources on campus were open. Its the last weekend before a lot of projects and tests happen and people decided to spend time with their families. I went home because I worked through thanksgiving and Saturday was the first time I had seen my family since july. Does that make me less of an App Fan?

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:17 pm

I think more alumns should come to the games. As a percentage the students are probably at least 30% in attendance sometimes higher. Given that we have over 100k alumns running around out there that seems to be the under represented constituency. Kids spending time with family over Thanksgiving is to be expected. In fact my nephew who was home from college wanted to come to the game with me and his dad said negative. He had not seen him in a month so he pulled rank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”