Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Love for Lamb

SCappfan14
School: Appalachian State

Love for Lamb

Unread post by SCappfan14 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:15 am

http://www.coachingsearch.com/article?a ... es--Jan-22

A good note for Lamb here from an unexpected source. Nice to get the national recognition.

Appaholic01

Re: Love for Lamb

Unread post by Appaholic01 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:43 am

Efficiency and lack of turnovers wins games, especially in the red zone. Lamb catches a lot of heat because he doesn't light up the stat sheet but he exemplifies the type of QB AppState needs. Quiet but confident and a proven winner.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:57 am

Didn't one of the Clemson INTs happen in the red zone?

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:59 am

Appaholic01 wrote:Efficiency and lack of turnovers wins games, especially in the red zone. Lamb catches a lot of heat because he doesn't light up the stat sheet but he exemplifies the type of QB AppState needs. Quiet but confident and a proven winner.

I honestly believe this will be the year were Lamb blows the top off on the stat sheet. The game is slowing down, his confidence in himself and the playbook should be through the roof. Add all that too the explosive weapons he will have on the outside(i.e. Letman and Adams) and it should spell out a record breaking year.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:01 am

Appftw wrote:Didn't one of the Clemson INTs happen in the red zone?
His first interception was intercepted in the endzone, but that play started from the Clemson's 24.
Last edited by kiddbrewer on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:08 am

Great stat - that's a WINNER'S STAT!!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 am

At the time, I was not happy with how Kam Bryant was benched. He had an average game @ Michigan, but that should have been expected. Then he did well against Campbell, but was pulled for Lamb. The four following Ls made me believe Satterfield made the wrong decision. I was convinced by the end of the 2014 season, and again this season that Lamb is the right choice. It also lifted my faith in Satterfield. Lamb should have us in the Sun Belt title picture the rest of his time with App. Looking forward to what he brings next year.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:31 am

"After the interview, I looked up some stats. Appalachian State sophomore quarterback Taylor Lamb went 25-for-30 (83 percent) with 17 touchdowns and no interceptions in the red zone. That’s some good stuff."

Amazing stat!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:06 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Appaholic01 wrote:Efficiency and lack of turnovers wins games, especially in the red zone. Lamb catches a lot of heat because he doesn't light up the stat sheet but he exemplifies the type of QB AppState needs. Quiet but confident and a proven winner.

I honestly believe this will be the year were Lamb blows the top off on the stat sheet. The game is slowing down, his confidence in himself and the playbook should be through the roof. Add all that too the explosive weapons he will have on the outside(i.e. Letman and Adams) and it should spell out a record breaking year.
Depends on WR development. We'll have more raw talent out there, but they have to prove they can deliver for 80 plays a game. If that happens, Lamb could have his best year yet.

Frankly his stats have been pretty darn impressive, especially when you factor in his rushing numbers. There are just some fans who only focus on the negative when it comes to QBs.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:16 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
NavyApp wrote:

Depends on WR development. We'll have more raw talent out there, but they have to prove they can deliver for 80 plays a game. If that happens, Lamb could have his best year yet.

Frankly his stats have been pretty darn impressive, especially when you factor in his rushing numbers. There are just some fans who only focus on the negative when it comes to QBs.
I completely agree. The biggest area of development I see for him is self confidence, it was very evident in the Clemson game. Sometimes those small little hiccups will snowball for him leading to some head scratching moments. But I think he is going to exercise those demons this year.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

S.Lewis15

Unread post by S.Lewis15 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Lamb is a great football player. Makes the right decisions with the game on the line.
It'll be great to see how he and the new WRs develop over the next few years.

Sure, he could improve in a few areas, but that can be said about almost everyone who's ever played.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:32 pm

any qb can put up big numbers in the first and second quarter, but you find out what kind of a leader he is when the games on the line in the forth. On that note, all you have to do is look at the bowl game. Lamb drives us 80 yds in less than a minute, including a 35 yd scramble for the winning field goal, that's all you need to know.

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:37 pm

moehler wrote:any qb can put up big numbers in the first and second quarter, but you find out what kind of a leader he is when the games on the line in the forth. On that note, all you have to do is look at the bowl game. Lamb drives us 80 yds in less than a minute, including a 35 yd scramble for the winning field goal, that's all you need to know.
Totally agree moehler. Lamb has the "it" factor , an intangible among qb play that people have a tough time acknowledging. Looking forward to 2 more years of his leadership on the field.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:09 pm

Lamb acts like he has been there before which is a big big plus. He does not fold up when the game is on the line. One thing he needs to improve on is decision making when the pressure is applied. He got better this year but still too much ditching the ball and bad passes while scrambling. I feel sure this will be worked on and with that improvement he will be that much better. He surprised me multiple times this year with his running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:49 pm

"He got better this year but still too much ditching the ball and bad passes while scrambling."

Sometimes "ditching the ball" is a good decision ---
I think he sometimes mentally holds onto a "mistake" a little too long and makes another - He is a winner!!! - He has an instinct from being a son of a QB/Coach that is not possible for others to attain ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appbio91

Re: RE: Re: Love for Lamb

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:59 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:"He got better this year but still too much ditching the ball and bad passes while scrambling."

Sometimes "ditching the ball" is a good decision ---
-
Yes I am aware of that....geez

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:49 pm

The Clemson game the Pick6 got in his head and he was shot for the rest of the game. The Ohio game he got back on the horse after the Pick6 and lost no focus. That is progress and maturity. That ability to focus on the next play and not the previous play is what makes a good QB cthexTennxand Miamixgames will show if he is able to maintain his progress.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:39 pm

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Yes - I do --- and I also remembering honoring my "pledge" and telling you I was wrong and you were right --- :shock:
Certainly one time I was glad I was wrong --- :)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Good reference to his confidence earlier, i would love to see him improve in this area and settle down in the pocket when things are not going his way. If he improves on that this year, we are looking at another outstanding season.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”