Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Club Question

AppDawg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Yosef Club Question

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:56 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
AppDawg wrote:
strongwxnc wrote:Hello.. I might have missed the answer to this question.
Any way to set up a payment plan on-line for Yosef?
Last year, I sent in the paper copy with instructions. However, I want to go ahead and get started.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
I received an email this morning from the Yosef club touting the payment plan. It included a link to enroll.
I received the same e-mail. Can someone explain the 110% thing to me? Last year I just called and they did everything. I'd like to know more.
110% is a promotion to raise more $'s. Basically donate 10% more than your prior year donation. By doing so, you get 10 bonus Yosef priority points.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:18 pm

AppDawg wrote:
AppDawg wrote:
Last year, I sent in the paper copy with instructions. However, I want to go ahead and get started.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
I received an email this morning from the Yosef club touting the payment plan. It included a link to enroll.
I received the same e-mail. Can someone explain the 110% thing to me? Last year I just called and they did everything. I'd like to know more.
110% is a promotion to raise more $'s. Basically donate 10% more than your prior year donation. By doing so, you get 10 bonus Yosef priority points.
What good are the bonus points? DO they go towards anything?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:26 pm

AppDawg wrote:
AppDawg wrote:

Any help would be great.

Thanks
What good are the bonus points? DO they go towards anything?
Priority points for away game tickets, bowl game tickets, potentially parking assignments. Really points are to serve as providing priority and awarding those that have given most to the University for high demand events.

The most prevalent where they have come into play was back in '05-'07 with the National Championship ticket distributions. Points may have also been used for the Miami game distribution to Yosef club members before going on sale to the public.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:36 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote: I received the same e-mail. Can someone explain the 110% thing to me? Last year I just called and they did everything. I'd like to know more.
It would be great to have more donors at all levels of giving. The idea behind the 110% request is that, if each of us can increase our giving by 10% over last year, Yosef ends up with significantly more dollars to go toward scholarships. As an incentive, folks who increase their giving by 10% over the previous year will receive 10 "bonus" priority points. Those priority points make a difference when they're allocating away tickets, for instance, to Wake Forest.

The other component of that e-mail was to continue to encourage monthly giving. Particularly for those of us without major incomes (isn't that most of us?) or those who are just starting out, the monthly giving allows us to give at a higher level that we could if we had to pay all at once.

Examples:
2016 gift = $10,000
2017 110% gift = $11,000
Extra priority points awarded on top of points based on dollars given = 10

2016 gift = $250
2017 gift = $275
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:30 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote: I received the same e-mail. Can someone explain the 110% thing to me? Last year I just called and they did everything. I'd like to know more.
It would be great to have more donors at all levels of giving. The idea behind the 110% request is that, if each of us can increase our giving by 10% over last year, Yosef ends up with significantly more dollars to go toward scholarships. As an incentive, folks who increase their giving by 10% over the previous year will receive 10 "bonus" priority points. Those priority points make a difference when they're allocating away tickets, for instance, to Wake Forest.

The other component of that e-mail was to continue to encourage monthly giving. Particularly for those of us without major incomes (isn't that most of us?) or those who are just starting out, the monthly giving allows us to give at a higher level that we could if we had to pay all at once.

Examples:
2016 gift = $10,000
2017 110% gift = $11,000

2016 gift = $250
2017 gift = $275

Daphne when is the deadline to reup YOSEF and your tickets this year?

Also I got a bill from the YC for next year without having made a multi year pledge (even though Ive been a member for the last 5 years at the same level). Is that something they are doing now? Just assuming you will stick with the same pledge and not go higher?

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:02 pm

MtnMan09 wrote:

Also I got a bill from the YC for next year without having made a multi year pledge (even though Ive been a member for the last 5 years at the same level). Is that something they are doing now? Just assuming you will stick with the same pledge and not go higher?
While you can join Yosef at any time, the deadline for season ticket renewal and Yosef pledges / donations for benefits consideration is April 28th if you want to keep the same seats / parking you had last year. Your Yosef giving level will be determined by the full annual pledge if you're giving on a monthly payment plan. For example, if you've pledged $1,200 for the whole year and have made four monthly payments by the end of April, you're still eligible for the benefits afforded to $1,200 donors. Also, you can renew your season tickets after April 28th; however, doing so may mean that you end up sitting somewhere other than where you sat last year.

As for the bill ... I know there's been an effort made with folks who had not made multi-year pledges to remind them of their giving level last year. The only letter I received was a Pledge Reminder - likely because I'm pledged out for 5 years - so I don't know for sure what your "bill" looks like. My guess is that they wanted to remind folks of their prior year donation levels and allow them to confirm by logging into their Yosef accounts rather than issuing an actual bill. There's no way Yosef could presume a certain donation for someone absent a pledge.

The idea (at least my best guess) is that it's much easier and smoother on everyone involved if folks know what they gave last year. The example here is the $2,500 donor who parks in the Stadium lot. Let's say that donor decides he wants to give $1,000 instead of $2,500 not knowing that he needs to continue at $2,500 to park in the Stadium lot. Several months down the road when parking and tickets come out, Mr. Donor gets a parking pass for Greenwood. Mr. Donor is miffed because he would have given $2,500 if he'd known he needed to do that to keep his Stadium lot privileges and there's a scramble to get everything squared away.

Thanks for being part of Yosef! You are appreciated.

#GiveYosef

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:08 pm

I got my 2017 packet in the mail today. It included the brochure and statements for season tickets and Yosef Club levels. Everything was laid out well and easy to understand.

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:10 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

While you can join Yosef at any time, the deadline for season ticket renewal and Yosef pledges / donations for benefits consideration is April 28th if you want to keep the same seats / parking you had last year. Your Yosef giving level will be determined by the full annual pledge if you're giving on a monthly payment plan. For example, if you've pledged $1,200 for the whole year and have made four monthly payments by the end of April, you're still eligible for the benefits afforded to $1,200 donors. Also, you can renew your season tickets after April 28th; however, doing so may mean that you end up sitting somewhere other than where you sat last year.

As for the bill ... I know there's been an effort made with folks who had not made multi-year pledges to remind them of their giving level last year. The only letter I received was a Pledge Reminder - likely because I'm pledged out for 5 years - so I don't know for sure what your "bill" looks like. My guess is that they wanted to remind folks of their prior year donation levels and allow them to confirm by logging into their Yosef accounts rather than issuing an actual bill. There's no way Yosef could presume a certain donation for someone absent a pledge.

The idea (at least my best guess) is that it's much easier and smoother on everyone involved if folks know what they gave last year. The example here is the $2,500 donor who parks in the Stadium lot. Let's say that donor decides he wants to give $1,000 instead of $2,500 not knowing that he needs to continue at $2,500 to park in the Stadium lot. Several months down the road when parking and tickets come out, Mr. Donor gets a parking pass for Greenwood. Mr. Donor is miffed because he would have given $2,500 if he'd known he needed to do that to keep his Stadium lot privileges and there's a scramble to get everything squared away.

Thanks! Answer was more than helpful. Yeah the "bill" was just a pledge reminder and I was just curious what that meant since I had not logged in and confirmed. Not a big deal since I will be giving at that level, or the next level up anyway this year.

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:10 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:I got my 2017 packet in the mail today. It included the brochure and statements for season tickets and Yosef Club levels. Everything was laid out well and easy to understand.
That's what I was waiting on, I thought it might have gotten lost in the mail or they weren't doing one this year.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:59 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

I also made a 5 year pledge a couple years ago and receive quarterly bills. Upon receiving the ticket renewal package today, the form asks to make my pledge for 2017. Since you are affiliated with YOSEF, I wanted to make an observation/suggestion-

I know it is a lot of data to pull together and database capabilities are somewhat limited currently. With that, I do think the mailing received today is much better than years past, I also think it would be great if the mailer had a personal touch to it. Meaning, acknowledge the multi-year pledge rather than asking again to make a pledge for the current year.

Along those lines, as December winds down, only send the pledge fulfillment reminder to those that have an outstanding balance due. We made our full payment in early October, yet I bet I received weekly emails down the stretch of 2016 to fulfill an outstanding pledge. Not only did I question if my payment applied by checking the website, it also prompted me to call the Yosef office to confirm after the 3rd email received. It comes across as a "late payment" notice.

Just a couple ways to make the communication between Yosef and donors more personal.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:14 pm

AppDawg wrote:
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

I also made a 5 year pledge a couple years ago and receive quarterly bills. Upon receiving the ticket renewal package today, the form asks to make my pledge for 2017. Since you are affiliated with YOSEF, I wanted to make an observation/suggestion-

I know it is a lot of data to pull together and database capabilities are somewhat limited currently. With that, I do think the mailing received today is much better than years past, I also think it would be great if the mailer had a personal touch to it. Meaning, acknowledge the multi-year pledge rather than asking again to make a pledge for the current year.

Along those lines, as December winds down, only send the pledge fulfillment reminder to those that have an outstanding balance due. We made our full payment in early October, yet I bet I received weekly emails down the stretch of 2016 to fulfill an outstanding pledge. Not only did I question if my payment applied by checking the website, it also prompted me to call the Yosef office to confirm after the 3rd email received. It comes across as a "late payment" notice.

Just a couple ways to make the communication between Yosef and donors more personal.
Excellent feedback! The Yosef advisory board meets this weekend and will be discussing, among other things, communications and logistics. Comments like yours are valuable in determining what can be done, should be done, and how. Thank you!

#GiveYosef

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:08 am

I am signed up on the 5 year rollover and received a bill/reminder in the mail a while back. However, my daughter who is not on the 5 year received nothing and had to call the Yosef office to renew her pledge.....

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:35 am

I tell you that I saw my rank and it was out of over 10,000. If that is correct then membership is up!!!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Not necessarily YC related, but how much is a suite at KBS?
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Rekdiver wrote:I tell you that I saw my rank and it was out of over 10,000. If that is correct then membership is up!!!
That's the total number of givers ever to Yosef. We haven't broken the 3,000 mark in current year donors in any single year ... yet.

#GiveYosef

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:47 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:I tell you that I saw my rank and it was out of over 10,000. If that is correct then membership is up!!!
That's the total number of givers ever to Yosef. We haven't broken the 3,000 mark in current year donors in any single year ... yet.
Just curious. How many total Yosef parking spots are there?

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:35 pm

The maps show:
Stadium 561
Justice 56
Duncan 133
Raley 302
Greenwood 416
Total 1468

This doesn't include the Music or Champions lots or Rivers St or Liberry decks. The available parking spaces may be fewer than the number of spaces shown on the maps.

#GiveYosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”