Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Club Question

ASUGrad2014
School: Appalachian State

Yosef Club Question

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:03 pm

As I have mentioned in another post I recently joined the Yosef Club and bought season tickets. Looking under my log in it does not appear that anything has happened yet... It does not show my Yosef Club request or tickets.

Is that normal?

Thanks!!

Jeff

Capt. Ed

Re: Yosef Club Question

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:14 pm

It takes a few days for the payments to show up in your Yosef Account. Don't worry, It'll be there soon.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:08 pm

Perfectly normal. The "mother" system is the banner system which is internal to App. Each student and alum has a banner ID that generally starts with 900______. The problem with banner as with many strong internal databases that hold sensitive information is that non-university folks cannot interface with the banner system.

Instead, the banner data has to be formatted and uploaded to the Neulion / Jump system that we see online. With the increase in activity at the beginning of the year, I'd guess Natalie Harkey just hasn't had a spare moment to format / upload / verify from banner to Neulion.

If you'd like reassurance, just call Yosef or the ticket office to confirm that they see the ticket order and Yosef donation in the mother system. Also, it looks like you qualify for the young alum program which gives you double points for the first five years after graduation. Thanks!

Other helpful hints:
- Pledge out 3 - 5 years at a donation level you know you can sustain. This will give you points for future giving and put the pledges on your account for you to pay next year. You can always pay more than your pledge.
- Be sure to turn on notifications in your Yosef / Neulion account so you receive the gameday emails as well as other info from the athletics department.
- If you haven't updated your information in the Gold Book, please do. That's the "starting place" for the alumni database and contacting alums.
- Ask your friends to join Yosef. Please. There's no way I can get 2,000 people to join Yosef. If each of us who are in Yosef got one more person to join, our membership would be nearly 4,000. 1+1 = 4,000

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:26 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:Perfectly normal. The "mother" system is the banner system which is internal to App. Each student and alum has a banner ID that generally starts with 900______. The problem with banner as with many strong internal databases that hold sensitive information is that non-university folks cannot interface with the banner system.

Instead, the banner data has to be formatted and uploaded to the Neulion / Jump system that we see online. With the increase in activity at the beginning of the year, I'd guess Natalie Harkey just hasn't had a spare moment to format / upload / verify from banner to Neulion.

If you'd like reassurance, just call Yosef or the ticket office to confirm that they see the ticket order and Yosef donation in the mother system. Also, it looks like you qualify for the young alum program which gives you double points for the first five years after graduation. Thanks!

Other helpful hints:
- Pledge out 3 - 5 years at a donation level you know you can sustain. This will give you points for future giving and put the pledges on your account for you to pay next year. You can always pay more than your pledge.
- Be sure to turn on notifications in your Yosef / Neulion account so you receive the gameday emails as well as other info from the athletics department.
- If you haven't updated your information in the Gold Book, please do. That's the "starting place" for the alumni database and contacting alums.
- Ask your friends to join Yosef. Please. There's no way I can get 2,000 people to join Yosef. If each of us who are in Yosef got one more person to join, our membership would be nearly 4,000. 1+1 = 4,000

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Awesome info Daphne. Thank you! Peer pressure is what we must create. If you are not a YOSEF Club member you should feel embarrassed. All it really takes is $25. Benefits at $100.

Clemson was one of the earliest with "I Pay Ten A Year" IPTAY in 1934. Peer pressure to contribute caught on like crazy. The IPTAY landing page offers lots of options to make solicitation calls and many ways to give. I am certain that DG will get YOSEF Club fired up like other big time program clubs. AppState student athletes deserve the best.

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks for the great information Daphne! I won't bug the Yosef Club/Ticket Office because it sounds like they are busy! I am sure everything will switch over in time.

Reference the young alum program (I laughed out loud when I typed that because I am 46) I was under the assumption that if you joined under that program you were not eligible for reserved parking.

I updated my info in the Gold Book as well! I cannot wait to be back in Kidd Brewer stadium!!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:36 pm

ASUGrad2014 wrote:Thanks for the great information Daphne! I won't bug the Yosef Club/Ticket Office because it sounds like they are busy! I am sure everything will switch over in time.

Reference the young alum program (I laughed out loud when I typed that because I am 46) I was under the assumption that if you joined under that program you were not eligible for reserved parking.

I updated my info in the Gold Book as well! I cannot wait to be back in Kidd Brewer stadium!!
"Young" alums have numbered reserved parking along University Dr (by Durham Park and tennis courts). As far as I know, there's no age limit on young alums. You graduated in 2014? You might want to check in with Natalie Harkey. She would know far more than I do.

#GiveYosef

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:34 am

ASUGrad2014 wrote:As I have mentioned in another post I recently joined the Yosef Club and bought season tickets. Looking under my log in it does not appear that anything has happened yet... It does not show my Yosef Club request or tickets.

Is that normal?

Thanks!!

Jeff
Jeff, hope the Yosef Club is so busy it will be a month before you see anything. I'm just being funny, but I hope they are so busy, they are getting overtime. The more members we get, the better the product we will all see on the fields and courts.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:41 am

Make sure you tell anyone who is interested that Yosef will create a payment plan for them. I spread my pledge thru 10 months on my credit card.

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:51 am

Thanks everyone... I emailed Natalie and will let you know when I hear something back!

Jeff

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Daphne, there's been a push this year to get YC members to join/re-up much earlier than normal this year. I usually pay mine in April--for some reason both our car taxes, HOA dues, and other annual payments are in the first of the year for us. I missed a call from Gerald today...is there an earlier deadline this year, or just YC being proactive? Thanks for all you do!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:53 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:Daphne, there's been a push this year to get YC members to join/re-up much earlier than normal this year. I usually pay mine in April--for some reason both our car taxes, HOA dues, and other annual payments are in the first of the year for us. I missed a call from Gerald today...is there an earlier deadline this year, or just YC being proactive? Thanks for all you do!
As nearly as I know, there are no earlier deadlines this year. The call from Gerald was very likely a "Thanks for being Yosef" call. He spends hours and hours each week just calling folks to say "thanks".

I've had a blast serving on the YCAB. I'll be sad when my term is over.

#GiveYosef

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:04 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:Daphne, there's been a push this year to get YC members to join/re-up much earlier than normal this year. I usually pay mine in April--for some reason both our car taxes, HOA dues, and other annual payments are in the first of the year for us. I missed a call from Gerald today...is there an earlier deadline this year, or just YC being proactive? Thanks for all you do!
As nearly as I know, there are no earlier deadlines this year. The call from Gerald was very likely a "Thanks for being Yosef" call. He spends hours and hours each week just calling folks to say "thanks".

I think I speak for us all when I say we'll be sad when your term is over as well. You do a great job keeping us all informed, and I appreciate that. I'll be making my annual donation soon, just didn't want to miss anything!!! :D
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:38 pm

YCAB has its annual retreat February 5-6. We've been asked to provide the names of 10 people whom we'd like to call to join Yosef. If there's someone on the fence that would like a personal call or someone you know who might need a personal call, please PM me with your / their name and phone number. I'll be happy to add you / them to my list and make that call myself.

In the meantime, thanks for being Yosef! Let's go 'Neers!

#GiveYosef

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Daphne
I'd go to the IFC and get a list of alumni if possible and cross reference. Most of the older guys from my frat belong to the Yosef Club but there are alot of the 30 aand soon to be 40 somethings that dont belong.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:28 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Daphne
I'd go to the IFC and get a list of alumni if possible and cross reference. Most of the older guys from my frat belong to the Yosef Club but there are alot of the 30 aand soon to be 40 somethings that dont belong.
We can already pull alumni fraternity members and see who's Yosef and who isn't. The problem is knowing how to get in touch with a 30 something who has never updated his alumni information. That's why the personal knowledge of individuals is so crucial.

I'm at a bit of a handicap because all my App friends are either through working with Yosef or the annual fund. When I've called folks before, I've looked at my high school graduating age range or folks who would have been kids in Gastonia or Asheville to try and make a personal connection. The sorority I was in doesn't have a chapter at App, so I can't pull that card.

Thanks, again, for the help. If we all keep working at this, we'll get there.

#GiveYosef

MACAPP86

Unread post by MACAPP86 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:50 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:

We'll all be sad... anyway to extend or reject the end of your term??? Your passion, insights and support have been greatly appreciated!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:17 pm

MACAPP86 wrote:
We'll all be sad... anyway to extend or reject the end of your term??? Your passion, insights and support have been greatly appreciated!
I'm laughing now. I started working with YCAB in 2009 as the Asheville area rep. Since that isn't officially "on the board", my initial three year term stretched a bit. Last year I became an actual factual YCAB member appointed for a three year term. So ... what started as three years in 2009 now has an end date in 2017 (I think that's right).

YCAB is good and joyful work. I will miss it when that time comes, though I'll always be encouraging folks to be Yosef - title or not.

#GiveYosef

strongwxnc

Unread post by strongwxnc » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:57 am

Hello.. I might have missed the answer to this question.
Any way to set up a payment plan on-line for Yosef?
Last year, I sent in the paper copy with instructions. However, I want to go ahead and get started.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 am

strongwxnc wrote:Hello.. I might have missed the answer to this question.
Last year, I sent in the paper copy with instructions. However, I want to go ahead and get started.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
I received an email this morning from the Yosef club touting the payment plan. It included a link to enroll.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:45 pm

AppDawg wrote:
strongwxnc wrote:Hello.. I might have missed the answer to this question.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
I received an email this morning from the Yosef club touting the payment plan. It included a link to enroll.
I received the same e-mail. Can someone explain the 110% thing to me? Last year I just called and they did everything. I'd like to know more.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”