Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

S & C Donations/Fundraiser...Part II

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: S & C Donations/Fundraiser...Part II

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:53 pm

firemoose wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:13 pm
Very little healthy in jerky except a little protein. It's loaded with sodium. Of course if an athlete sweats a lot, it could be beneficial. Otherwise, nada.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:35 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:53 pm
Very little healthy in jerky except a little protein. It's loaded with sodium. Of course if an athlete sweats a lot, it could be beneficial. Otherwise, nada.
Not sure what part of "minimally processed" you missed. And a "little protein"? It has more protein than most high protein bars and mixes on the market in serving comparison. Yes it has sodium but the local company is doing "minimally processed" for a reason. Jerky is listed by most men's and women's bodybuilding and weighting sites as the high protein snack you should be eating now that the meat and processing has gotten better. Plus they aren't living on the stuff. It's a snack. And a protein boost at that, and for athletes that spend a lot of time in the weight room and other exercising that can be important.

For a couch potato who's idea of exercise is getting up to get a beer store bought jerky isn't good for you. And neither is just about every other "snack food" out there. These are athletes who burn through several thousand calories a day. If our nutrition and HES dept (who BTW are consulted on everything that our SA's receive) say it's ok I'm going to defer to them since they are the experts.

My response comes from people in the HES dept and in athletic nutrition, just FYI.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/jerky

TheMackAttack

Unread post by TheMackAttack » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:11 am

firemoose wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:35 am
NewApp wrote:
Not sure what part of "minimally processed" you missed. And a "little protein"? It has more protein than most high protein bars and mixes on the market in serving comparison. Yes it has sodium but the local company is doing "minimally processed" for a reason. Jerky is listed by most men's and women's bodybuilding and weighting sites as the high protein snack you should be eating now that the meat and processing has gotten better. Plus they aren't living on the stuff. It's a snack. And a protein boost at that, and for athletes that spend a lot of time in the weight room and other exercising that can be important.

For a couch potato who's idea of exercise is getting up to get a beer store bought jerky isn't good for you. And neither is just about every other "snack food" out there. These are athletes who burn through several thousand calories a day. If our nutrition and HES dept (who BTW are consulted on everything that our SA's receive) say it's ok I'm going to defer to them since they are the experts.

My response comes from people in the HES dept and in athletic nutrition, just FYI.

Why would we want the opinion of nutrition "experts" when we have NewApp?

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:14 am

We, as fans, never want to see our guys go down to injury, especially season/career ending ones. Seeing #25 go down was like a punch to the gut. So to take a page from Jalin, who GAVE HIS ALL, I'm soliciting to all App fans to make a $25 contribution in #25's honor.

This fundraiser was originally set up for S&C and anyone who saw JM shake off and run over defenders knows he took S&C seriously. However, I feel a contribution to any of the following funds: A Mountaineer Impact, Yosef Club and/or the S&C fund (see directions below) made in Jalin Moore's honor would be the least we could do to pay tribute to a terrific young man and player "Who Gave His All for Appalachian". Please join me in paying homage to #25 Jalin Moore!

"First of all, thanks to my App State family for the love and prayers," Moore said. "I'm eager to get back and finish what I started. I wish I could start the rehab process right now. I hate that this is the way my App career ended, but everything happens for a reason. This is only going to make my story better in the end. We've got a special team this year, and I know them boys will still get the job done. All I can ask for is for them to keep that same swagger, that same mindset. Don't feel sorry for me, this is only a test that I will not fail. Anybody can get hurt any play, and any play could be your last. That's what we touch that sign for. We've got to give our all for App, because you never when it will be your last game for the Black and Gold." - Jalin Moore

All donations are tax deductible and you will be receiving a receipt. As far as how to donate, the address and fund# I set up last year are still the same but the online page has changed:

For mail:
Athletic Department
ASU Box 32025
Boone NC 28608

Make checks out to the Appalachian State University Foundation, Inc. and include Fund #92809 (Strength & Conditioning) in the memo.

By Phone:
828-262-6812
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm ET.

Have your credit card info and the Fund # ready.

Now for the online. Below is a link to the main "Give Gift Now" page. There are two ways that you can go once on this page. You can put your dollar amount in the box at the top of the page, click the circle next to "Other Fund not Listed (Designation box below/ simply type fund name)" and in the "Other Designation" box put "Strength & Conditioning Fund #92809" (it says just put the name in but I add the fund # just to be sure), and click "Save and Continue" at the bottom of the page.

You can also click the circle beside "View additional funds (by College/Area) or select multiple designations" after which a box will appear, start typing "strength" in the search box, and Strength & Conditioning will show. Click the square beside it and click Continue. At that point an empty dollar box will appear and a % box that already has 100% filled in. Enter the dollar amount and the click "Save and Continue" at the bottom of the page.

From there it's just a matter of following the directions and giving your information.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1727/in ... 2&cid=1011

Under Honorary
Tribute: In Honor
Person's Name: Jalin Moore
Occassion: To #25 giving his All for Appalachian
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:08 am

Check is in the mail today. Thank you #25!
Give Em Hell!!

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:22 am

Just made the online donation to S&C #92809 in honor of Jalin. Great idea to create something positive out of Jalin’s injury.

mountainman33

Unread post by mountainman33 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:49 am

Done! Thank you Jalin for everything!
-----------------------------------
Class of 2003 :geek:
Go Apps!!!
Former Austin Alumni Chapter President

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:38 pm

Wow. This thread has been going since Friday April, 29, 2016-- December 31, 2018. Anybody know the total amount of funds that have been raised during this time period? It has to be phenomenal.
Firemoose has done a great job.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:52 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:38 pm
Wow. This thread has been going since Friday April, 29, 2016-- December 31, 2018. Anybody know the total amount of funds that have been raised during this time period? It has to be phenomenal.
And this is part II. :D
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:10 am

TheMackAttack wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:11 am
firemoose wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:35 am
NewApp wrote:

Why would we want the opinion of nutrition "experts" when we have NewApp?
SA. I was going by the usual jerky found in most stores.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:11 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:52 pm
NewApp wrote:
Including yours. Just sayin"
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:11 am
NewApp wrote:
Actually I don’t understand what you are saying.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm
NewApp wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Yours is part of part II.
Google SUX

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:03 pm

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm
NewApp wrote:
NewApp wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WBCbAmiH_Wk
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:21 am

It's that time again Mountaineers!!! Let's back this with the same enthusiasm as we did back in 2014 when we raised more than $16,000. I received this email yesterday evening.

"Hi Friends- You are receiving this email because you have supported our Strength & Conditioning program in previous years. Coach Jones would like to start a mini campaign for some equipment expenses. He needs to raise approximately $10,000. He is purchasing a Tendo Unit which is a weightlifting analyzer to determine power output and bar speed in training and testing.

You all were very generous with Coach Mike's initiatives and I'm hopeful that we can get something going for Coach Jones too. If you would like to support you can donate online at: https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1727/in ... 4&cid=3458
The fund number to include in the donation is 92809, and any checks should be made out to the ASU Foundation.

Thank you for your consideration and for your continued support of App State Athletics. Please pass this email along to any friends or family that you believe would be interested in participating.

Suzette Mauney
mauneyss@appstate.edu 828-457-4170
Associate AD, Development
App State Athletics
Mark E Ricks Athletics Complex
425 Jack Branch Rd, ASU Box 32025
Boone, NC. 28608"
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Done.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:54 am

We are in!
Give Em Hell!!

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:17 am

moonshine wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:21 am
It's that time again Mountaineers!!! Let's back this with the same enthusiasm as we did back in 2014 when we raised more than $16,000. I received this email yesterday evening.

"Hi Friends- You are receiving this email because you have supported our Strength & Conditioning program in previous years. Coach Jones would like to start a mini campaign for some equipment expenses. He needs to raise approximately $10,000. He is purchasing a Tendo Unit which is a weightlifting analyzer to determine power output and bar speed in training and testing.

You all were very generous with Coach Mike's initiatives and I'm hopeful that we can get something going for Coach Jones too. If you would like to support you can donate online at: https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1727/in ... 4&cid=3458
The fund number to include in the donation is 92809, and any checks should be made out to the ASU Foundation.

Thank you for your consideration and for your continued support of App State Athletics. Please pass this email along to any friends or family that you believe would be interested in participating.

Suzette Mauney
mauneyss@appstate.edu 828-457-4170
Associate AD, Development
App State Athletics
Mark E Ricks Athletics Complex
425 Jack Branch Rd, ASU Box 32025
Boone, NC. 28608"
Bump
Give Em Hell!!

BullCityApp8

Unread post by BullCityApp8 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Added my donation today!
We may affirm absolutely that nothing great in the World has been accomplished without passion.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Done just now. Glad you bumped it, I had forgotten.
Give 'em hell!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”