Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

S & C Donations/Fundraiser...Part II

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

S & C Donations/Fundraiser...Part II

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:24 pm

From the "Satterfield" thread a month ago.
firemoose wrote:Just being honest here but stadium enhancements and wanting to subsidize coaches salaries, while a noble goal, is pretty much out of reach for the amounts of money we can raise on here, given the shear amounts involved, unless there are a few millionaires on here that are unknown. You mention Mike, and if we want the best way to help every program, across the board, then S & C is the way to go (we've seen results already and will see even more this coming year as all the teams get working on their second full off season programs). I was approached by Mike a few weeks ago about trying to do another S & C fundraiser to help him replace some lifting racks with some newer, bigger, and better ones. He's been budgeted to buy a few new ones but he would like to try and raise $12,000.00 to replace the others. I hadn't posted about it yet because it came just after the Yosef Club and season ticket increases and I felt it wasn't the time. I've talked to Moonshine about working on one again and also to David over at Scout about putting up an article with complete information about what Mike was trying to get. I was just about to try and put some plans in motion. But whether we do a full on one for the racks or just a general one, S & C is the one area that monies raised can help each and every program as they all use the S & C program to one extent or another and all the info from last year is still in place.
Between recruiting coverage and personal issues I'm way late in getting this thread/fundraiser started. The quote above gives most of the info on what Mike is wanting to do but I'll add some more to it now. In the simplest terms we have several "single use" lifting racks. By that I mean that you can set them up for different lifts, whatever they are designed for, but only one group (usually 3 or 4) can rotate through them at a time. A dual station rack just doubles what you can do in close to the same amount of space. Why does this matter? Because you can cut down on the amount of times any one group needs to block out time in the main weight room to get their lifts done, especially during the maintaining phase of the program. Right now football, being the biggest group, has to block out three times a day in order to get everyone through. By putting in dual racks we can cut that down to two blocks of time which then allows others more time to use the facilities and also make it easier to schedule all of our athletes time to get their lifting done. That helps everyone involved, from athletes to coaches and trainers, to use their time more productively. It's also important to point out that the racks we're wanting to replace aren't going to disappear. They will be moved to other weight rooms on campus, to add to the equipment that is already there, and that other sports and groups use to get their lifting done or at times when the Main room is booked. As I said in the quoted part above this helps every program we have here at App.

Given the discussions that have been on this board concerning student fees here is a way that everyone can help, even with small donations, to add some important equipment and it wouldn't come out of the athletic budget that has been the center of those discussions. Mike is budgeted to replace a couple of them this coming fiscal year (would take a couple more years to replace them all from the budget) but would like to replace the rest, and every one we can help him replace is one less that has to come out of his budget. The racks run $3,000.00 to $4,000.00 each, depending on what they are set up to do. Every dollar helps and, as stated above, those dollars help out all our sports and even other groups that use our various weight rooms across campus.

I've discussed this with David from the Scout site and he has been working with Mike for this year's "Battle for the Belt", which is finishing in the next week or so (we're in our max testing phase right now, as you'll see below). David and Mike have discussed the racks and David will post an article in the free section of the Scout site which I will link from this thread. Pictures of the exact racks aren't available right now as Mike is going to open this up for bidding. Once the winning bid is received then we can put some pictures of the racks from the winning company up.

All donations are tax deductible and you will be receiving a receipt. As far as how to donate, the address and fund# I set up last year are still the same but the online page has changed:

For mail:
Athletic Department
ASU Box 32025
Boone NC 28608

Make checks out to the Appalachian State University Foundation, Inc. and include Fund #92809 (Strength & Conditioning) in the memo.

By Phone:
828-262-6812
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm ET.

Have your credit card info and the Fund # ready.

Now for the online. Below is a link to the main "Give Gift Now" page. There are two ways that you can go once on this page. You can put your dollar amount in the box at the top of the page, click the circle next to "Other Fund not Listed (Designation box below/ simply type fund name)" and in the "Other Designation" box put "Strength & Conditioning Fund #92809" (it says just put the name in but I add the fund # just to be sure), and click "Save and Continue" at the bottom of the page.

You can also click the circle beside "View additional funds (by College/Area) or select multiple designations" after which a box will appear, start typing "strength" in the search box, and Strength & Conditioning will show. Click the square beside it and click Continue. At that point an empty dollar box will appear and a % box that already has 100% filled in. Enter the dollar amount and the click "Save and Continue" at the bottom of the page.

From there it's just a matter of following the directions and giving your information.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1727/in ... 2&cid=1011

Last year Moonshine pointed out that if 700 posters gave just $15.00 it would fund the $10,500.00 that was needed for the Tendo units. Hence the name "700 Club (Strength & Conditioning)" that he came up with. We wound up raising more than $17,000.00 and that allowed Mike to get the Tendo's, as well as the Trap Bars and some brand new bumper plates with lifetime warranties for our Olympic lifts. This is a great example of "every dollar counts". While $12,000.00 is what Mike is looking for any amount of money we can raise will help him to grow and keep our S & C program at the highest level possible.

All thanks to Moonshine (and anyone else who wants to) for helping with this. Between the recruiting that's happening, upcoming camps, and keeping track of the commits and NLI's that are coming in for many sports I'm covered up. But we'll keep this updated as much as possible with the summer coming up. Like last time you can feel free to post what you are giving (or just that you gave) or not. I don't know if it will be like last year with the gauge on the page and all, given that we're not close to the end of the year so I'm not expecting a rush of giving. Consider this a middle distance run instead of a sprint.

Now for a little motivation. As I said above we're in the last week or so of the "Battle for the Belt". It's Max Out testing time. Last year we saw huge gains nearly across the board. That was a combination of the hard work of Mike and his staff but also a show of where our previous program had been. We won't see the monster gains that we did last year but guys are getting still getting bigger and stronger. As an example Tyson Fernandez posted this to his twitter this morning. Last year his max was 550.
RS Freshman OLB Akeem Davis

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEzMevtG1-W/

That should get everyone going!!! :D

DaphneUrquhart

Re: S & C Donations/Fundraiser...Part II

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Thanks, Moose. Donation made. Go Apps!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Sun May 01, 2016 5:12 am

Happy to help. Donation made!

App74

Unread post by App74 » Sun May 01, 2016 5:47 am

I'm in. Thanks for the instructions!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun May 01, 2016 11:12 am

I just gave. Very easy online. Thanks Firemoose for setting this up and starting this up again this spring.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun May 01, 2016 11:57 am

Done.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun May 01, 2016 3:11 pm

$100 going tomorrow....

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon May 02, 2016 12:29 pm

First 620 squat and now this. TF is owning the weight room this year. (Also good show as to why the lifetime warranty bumper plates we helped buy last year are a good thing to have ;) )

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon May 02, 2016 2:19 pm

Completed!

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Tue May 03, 2016 10:13 am

Just donated as well. GO 'NEERS!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed May 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Below is a link to a free story on the Scout site concerning our Max Out testing that we just finished. Our gain numbers were't as big as last year's unheard of gains but keep in mind that those numbers were skewed due the the shape of our players and our program from our previous S & C staff. We still made big gains, even more than I expected, and as you'll read in the quote from Mike at the top of the article, we're ahead of where we were last year "big time". Also one more note. You'll notice a few players that were at in the top testing groups last year (non graduates of course) that aren't there this year. Some guys didn't go through the Max out this year mainly due to issues like minor injuries and players finishing rehab. But for the most part we already know what we have with those players, like Gibbs and Stringer for example.

http://www.scout.com/college/appalachia ... ek-results

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Wed May 04, 2016 3:47 pm

I'll be chipping in for the new fundraiser as soon as I'm done purchasing my high country home in the next 3-4 weeks. Enjoyed the article.

Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed May 04, 2016 3:59 pm

moonshine wrote:I'll be chipping in for the new fundraiser as soon as I'm done purchasing my high country home in the next 3-4 weeks. Enjoyed the article.

We'll have the actual article about the fundraiser and the racks up soon and I'll link it into here as soon as David gets it posted. Things are pretty crazy right now with both FB and BB staffs (pretty much all the fall and winter sports staffs for that matter) all over their areas and hitting multiple schools a day. These next three weeks will be very busy for all as we're hitting all we can before the high schools go on summer break and we head back to get the camps rolling. No rest for the weary..... ;)

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Thu May 05, 2016 8:20 am

firemoose wrote:Below is a link to a free story on the Scout site concerning our Max Out testing that we just finished. Our gain numbers were't as big as last year's unheard of gains but keep in mind that those numbers were skewed due the the shape of our players and our program from our previous S & C staff. We still made big gains, even more than I expected, and as you'll read in the quote from Mike at the top of the article, we're ahead of where we were last year "big time". Also one more note. You'll notice a few players that were at in the top testing groups last year (non graduates of course) that aren't there this year. Some guys didn't go through the Max out this year mainly due to issues like minor injuries and players finishing rehab. But for the most part we already know what we have with those players, like Gibbs and Stringer for example.

#2 and #3 on the squat are running backs Upshaw and Moore, talk about power running.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu May 05, 2016 8:44 am

I dont know if anyone noticed but on Tyson's power clean lift Taylor Lamb was one of the guys jumping up and down.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu May 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Just contributed a few bucks when I went to make my #iBackApp day donation. Thanks for organizing!

BuddyKirby

Unread post by BuddyKirby » Thu May 05, 2016 12:42 pm

Where is the video of Tyson power clean lift?

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Just tossed in 15.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu May 05, 2016 12:55 pm

BuddyKirby wrote:Where is the video of Tyson power clean lift?
Go back up around 10 or so posts.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu May 05, 2016 3:47 pm

Just gave $50.00 #ibackApp

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”