Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Some things that need saying

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: Some things that need saying

Unread post by biggie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Appersrule wrote:
biggie wrote:It clearly went forward and looked to be both thrown and landed on the 40 yd line to me, making it incomplete.

But not sure we would have won if we had scored on that drive.
If it was thrown and landed on the 40, that would meet the definition of a lateral. For it to be a forward pass it must go forward. A lateral is anything, backward or parallel to the line it was thrown on.
Seems like I've seen it called both ways on that. But they wouldn't have overturned it even if we had replay.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:36 pm

asumike83 wrote:I've watched the replay of the fumble several times and while the refs explanation that it came loose before his arm moved forward was obviously wrong, the net result was accurate. JJ had clear control control of the ball but did not throw it forward. It was a lateral, which makes it a live ball and a touchdown for Wofford. More concerning is that just like the Mellette TD against Elon, we gave up and watched him run it in when no whistle was blown. That has to change.
That is how I saw it as well. The ball landed behind the line of scrimmage and is a fumble. The officials absolutely were horrible. How can they blatently call of those passes that hit our receivers in the hands and dropped incomplete?

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:44 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
asumike83 wrote:I've watched the replay of the fumble several times and while the refs explanation that it came loose before his arm moved forward was obviously wrong, the net result was accurate. JJ had clear control control of the ball but did not throw it forward. It was a lateral, which makes it a live ball and a touchdown for Wofford. More concerning is that just like the Mellette TD against Elon, we gave up and watched him run it in when no whistle was blown. That has to change.
That is how I saw it as well. The ball landed behind the line of scrimmage and is a fumble. The officials absolutely were horrible. How can they blatently call of those passes that hit our receivers in the hands and dropped incomplete?

:lol: :oops: :o :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”