Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Patience Required

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Patience Required

Unread post by hapapp » Thu May 18, 2017 4:46 am

As disappointing as this year's team has finished down the stretch, this article in the W-S Journal reminds us why we hired Kermit Smith. If the team could salvage a win this weekend and make the conference tourney, that would be a step in the right direction.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/asu/ap ... eadd2.html

MDaniels84

Re: Patience Required

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:43 am

Until I read that article, I had completely forgot that Pollard went 10-42 his first season at App. If we could take one game this weekend, Coach Smith would start his tenure with a 20 win season. I could see him shaping App baseball back into 30 win seasons within a year or two. Really like the feel coming from Coach Smith's program. 8-)

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu May 18, 2017 6:55 am

Whenever we have a coaching change as we've had with baseball, I remind myself of what it takes to turn a train around. We've had, for a few years, a train speeding the wrong direction down the tracks. We hired a new conductor. Before the new conductor can turn the train around, he first has to slow the train down ... almost to a stop ... then begin the turning process. Inevitably, some of the cars on the train will either hinder the turning process or fall off the tracks completely.

I have every confidence that Kermit can turn the train ... with time. In the meantime, I'll continue to support App baseball by buying season tickets even though I can't make games until May each year because of my work.

Go App!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Thu May 18, 2017 9:58 am

I would very much like to see the boys make the tournament. I know that may require some rooting for GaSo but, making the tournament would be great for year one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Baseball”