Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UL Cajuns @ App 4.14 DH2

asu66
School: Appalachian State

UL Cajuns @ App 4.14 DH2

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:57 pm

Cajuns lead 5 - 0 Bottom 4th
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

WataugaMan

Re: UL Cajuns @ App 4.14 DH2

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Baseball woes aside: It will not be too much longer, summer will be here, and it's kayaking, fishing, and camping time in WVa:

ncman071

Unread post by ncman071 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Baseball sucks this year

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:44 pm

It's not fun going to Smith Stadium this season, take away the on-field woes.

The fence being put up down the right field line has killed the atmosphere that has been built for years, through wins and losses. Usually, people would park in the back and make the hill the place to be. Now it's dead because of the fence and security. This was a major oversight by those in charge and student attendance has dropped.

The fire pits are great, but not worth what was lost.

Security asked someone to leave because their dog kept on barking and hassled everyone whose dog barked once.

A dad was hassled over bringing in chips. As far as I'm concerned, as long as the concession stand can't take cards, they shouldn't regulate who brings in food or drink.

Plus, I went to sit in my season-ticketed seat for a couple innings and it was broken.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:20 pm

There is no joy in Boone tonight.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:46 pm

IMG_4317.JPG

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 am

Reckon we can beat Western Carolina on Wednesday? The Cant-amounts are 3-31 and are in last place in the SOCON. Hopefully App can get the win. We are planning to go up for the day in Boone & the baseball game.
Go Apps!!
Give Em Hell!!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:54 am

Earlier in the season we easily beat them, if we are still at the same skill level since that time, I see no reason why it can't be done again. However, a defeat would be further proof that our team has declined since the early season. I realize it's "only western", however, this is an important game.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 am

T-Dog wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:44 pm

The fence being put up down the right field line has killed the atmosphere that has been built for years, through wins and losses. Usually, people would park in the back and make the hill the place to be. Now it's dead because of the fence and security. This was a major oversight by those in charge and student attendance has dropped.

Security asked someone to leave because their dog kept on barking and hassled everyone whose dog barked once.

A dad was hassled over bringing in chips. As far as I'm concerned, as long as the concession stand can't take cards, they shouldn't regulate who brings in food or drink.

Plus, I went to sit in my season-ticketed seat for a couple innings and it was broken.
No one was asked to leave. The security guard simply said they were told to not allow dogs to bark during the game which is a perfectly reasonable policy IMO.

As for the fence in the right field line, it literally is set up along the ridge of and blocks no ones view at all. Big C and I disagree here but I’m shocked that people think it’s killed an atmosphere when most people sit in the seats anyway.

Only at App State can we be given Adirondack chairs, fire pits, and a better view of the field and people complain because they have to pay for tickets and can’t bring in beer.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:02 pm

APPARJ wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 am
T-Dog wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:44 pm

No one was asked to leave. The security guard simply said they were told to not allow dogs to bark during the game which is a perfectly reasonable policy IMO.

As for the fence in the right field line, it literally is set up along the ridge of and blocks no ones view at all. Big C and I disagree here but I’m shocked that people think it’s killed an atmosphere when most people sit in the seats anyway.

Only at App State can we be given Adirondack chairs, fire pits, and a better view of the field and people complain because they have to pay for tickets and can’t bring in beer.
You're speaking on a number of things you don't know about and trying to make App fans who have been to games more than most the bad guys here. Stop that.

Someone was asked to leave on Saturday because their dog barked.

It's not that the fence is at the edge of the cliff on the backside, is that it blocks people from going to and from the back lot. It killed tailgating and a free-flowing atmosphere on Saturday. I watched a frat group show up the back way, talk to the security person who told them they technically couldn't park back there but didn't care if they did. They left shortly after because it's not worth it if big brother is watching over you.

I've watched hundreds of games from the hill. Most people who used the hill either had tickets or were students. If people used it who didn't have tickets, it was isolated cases.

What also makes me mad is that these new policies weren't announced until after season ticket renewals. They announced them the day before the first home series.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:06 pm

In one sense, I'm glad an effort was made to upgrade Smith Stadium with the new chairs and fire pits, but ASU Athletics massively overreached here.

College baseball across the south is made special by the ability to enjoy yourself while watching a game.

I'm willing to talk to those in charge in person about this.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:00 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:54 am
Earlier in the season we easily beat them, if we are still at the same skill level since that time, I see no reason why it can't be done again. However, a defeat would be further proof that our team has declined since the early season. I realize it's "only western", however, this is an important game.
Dang, what has happened to catamount baseball?

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Not sure, must be the pollen in the NC mountain air?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Baseball”