Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Western

MAD Doctor
School: Appalachian State

Re: Western

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:59 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:46 pm
Chaz wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:36 pm
Unlike Fox, Smith has a documented history of building programs from the ground up.
Apparently, another "unlike Fox" characteristic he possess is, he doesn't lose to Western. :lol:
https://youtu.be/kI2_Q1M_2d0

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Apppstate wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:52 pm
Come on man, it’s still an absolute ridiculous statement to say is going to be one of the best coaches in the history of the school after a season. You obviously have a personal relationship with him and his family, and that’s great. I I never said we weren’t lucky to have him, I said your statement that he will be the best ever is exaggerated and ridiculous. He’ll be lucky to have a winning Record before the end of the 2021 season
My statement has and continues to be: within 20 years he will be regarded as one of the all time Best coaches to ever coach at App. Rivaling Mack Brown, Bobby Cremins, and the rest.

And no, I don’t have a longstanding relationship with KS. I’ve met him a handful of times over the last year. More importantly, I know baseball well enough to know he’s a fantastic leader on and off the Diamond. Add that to the comments from players and other experts who know KS and you start to see why I am so confident. No one. Not even Satt has the loyal following of his peers and former players like KS does. Please don’t interpret this as a swipe at Satt, I’m just pointing out why I’m so confident in KS.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:46 am

OK, so Boone Goon's comment is pretty strong and I agree with the comments about why he might not make the impact to be regarded as "one of the all time greats..." (mainly because if he starts winning big he will get hired away). That being said....Why do some folks want to hang on to this comment as a point of contention? You either agree or disagree. Everyone HOPES he's successful, so at worst the comment would be hyperbolic. He certainly has an impressive track record. Why do we keep bringing this up to bicker about?

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Thanks guys for the legitimate answers, I honestly didn't know we were scrambling that much. I just saw the record and was a bit concerned. I know he has history, just hope he can pull it around.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:11 am

Kermit is an outstanding individual , with a proven record at lower levels. If he can’t turn this around I really don’t expect it to be done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Baseball”