Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Baseball vs. High Point - Game Thread

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

Re: Baseball vs. High Point - Game Thread

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Wow! I'm happy for the win obviously but pissed I went to the Y and stopped listening after work.

This team is resilient. They did it I'm game 3 against Butler and again today.

ASU2416

Unread post by ASU2416 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Really nice come from behind win today for the Apps. I was planning all day to do in-game updates for the game today until my phone broke completely and had to switch to a phone without internet capability. It messed my day up, but I made sure I didn't miss the game. ALso, in-game updates will probably not be available via Twitter for the last two basketball games either. Technology...

Wilson, and the rest of the bullpen, deserves a ton of credit. 6 innings of shutout ball is hard to do, especially after the way High Point hit Farmer early. Hats off to the pen not only today but also through the first few weeks of this season. We have a long way to go but it's nice to win games like these.

3rd

Unread post by 3rd » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:25 pm

HP's starting pitcher threw a lot of junk so not to surprised our bats didn't come to life until after he came out. His stuff was moving it looked like half a foot every time. Also very good that Leach had 4-RBI because he was not protected in the lineup by Davis. Main thing is get it to the 9th because Marcello looks like an animal out there

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:16 pm

YesAppCan wrote:Wilson really was the hero today, settling down our team by keeping HPU in check and allowing time for our bats to come to life. Leach may be better than advertised... And that was pretty darn good.
I completely agree. Leach carried the load on offense and Thurber got the win but Wilson made it all possible and in the process, likely gave Coach Jones something to think about for the mid-week starter role. With 2 mid-week games at UGA next week, I'd be surprised if Josh doesn't get the nod in one of them.

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:44 am

Love these uniforms, might be my favorite this season:

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:38 am

I agree, those are some great looking uniforms. love the block A hats

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:55 am

I love the jerseys but the black uniforms are my favorite.

Big comeback yesterday, brought back memories of the "Beaver Magic" we had last year at times. Josh Wilson pitched his tail off. He pounded the strike zone and hit his spots, while holding down the High Point offense those 4 innings. Leach is swinging the bat extremely well. To think with no Zupcic, and with Callaway and Crespo struggling early, we are still scoring and putting runs up at a frequent pace. William Head had another really nice game. Defense was solid outside of the one Holmes error.

The team needs to play well this weekend and carry this momentum to Davidson for this big weekend series. We need at least 2 out of 3 down there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Baseball”