Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App @ Furman

ViewCrew87
School: Appalachian State

Re: App @ Furman

Unread post by ViewCrew87 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Good win today! Dobson's bat is scary for a true freshman. Glad he stuck with us as NC State came after him hard when Pollard left.
Hard to believe the Furman turn-around. They couldn't get the ball over the plate on the fly in the past.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:01 pm

Blackandgold wrote:
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
mtnjax wrote:
mtnjax wrote:Team really needs to take 1 of 2 from UGA this week, if not both to help out with losing 2 of 3 this weekend
How much does UGa save their arms for the SEC vs needing to win this themselves? Likewise for us. Being in the SoCon vs being in the SEC I would think we need this worse than they do for the the prestige win, but looking at WarrenNolan.com does not show a dominating UGa team with SEC coming up this weekend for them. We have Cornell coming up this weekend and Cornell has only played teams with RPI over 200 and are 3-4 at that. Do we go all in to try and take 2 from an SEC team?
i don't expect either team to use weekend arms during these games. Pitchers are creatures of habit and you don't want to mess with the rotation. These games will be a good chance to see some mid-week starters we might not have seen yet.

i'm hopeful that the team can keep up the good hitting they've had the past 2 games against Furple and plate the runs like they did today
That was my thoughts as well, but I don't keep up with this as some do so was wanting some expert opinion.

But if we flip some starters we don't have to worry about SoCon for close to a fortnight. Of course beating an RPI 80 team and losing at home to an RPI 280 team is not really helpful to us either.
Can't flip the starting pitchers. The weekend guys already threw this weekend. That wouldn't give them enough rest btwn now and midweek. You don't wanna put them on short rest this early in the year.
You are correct, I was thinking about the recovery time after UGa, not before.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Blackandgold wrote:
mtnjax wrote:
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: How much does UGa save their arms for the SEC vs needing to win this themselves? Likewise for us. Being in the SoCon vs being in the SEC I would think we need this worse than they do for the the prestige win, but looking at WarrenNolan.com does not show a dominating UGa team with SEC coming up this weekend for them. We have Cornell coming up this weekend and Cornell has only played teams with RPI over 200 and are 3-4 at that. Do we go all in to try and take 2 from an SEC team?
i don't expect either team to use weekend arms during these games. Pitchers are creatures of habit and you don't want to mess with the rotation. These games will be a good chance to see some mid-week starters we might not have seen yet.

i'm hopeful that the team can keep up the good hitting they've had the past 2 games against Furple and plate the runs like they did today
That was my thoughts as well, but I don't keep up with this as some do so was wanting some expert opinion.

But if we flip some starters we don't have to worry about SoCon for close to a fortnight. Of course beating an RPI 80 team and losing at home to an RPI 280 team is not really helpful to us either.
Can't flip the starting pitchers. The weekend guys already threw this weekend. That wouldn't give them enough rest btwn now and midweek. You don't wanna put them on short rest this early in the year.
You are correct, I was thinking about the recovery time after UGa, not before.

Oh ok. I guess I don't understand what you're asking

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Blackandgold wrote:
AppDawg wrote: I think this is a mistake. 'Cello isn't a 3 inning guy this year. Also, why did we pinch hit for Dobson in the 9th with 2 on and 2 out? Dobson is 2-4 on the day with 2 HRs.
He didn't pinch hit for Dobson. He put Burris in left in the 8th inning, replacing Dobson for defensive purposes. Burris is awesome outfielder, while Dobson isn't an outfielder, they just had him there today to get his bat in the lineup. So once Dobsons spot in the order comes up, Burris is hitting.
Ok, the live stat's must have been incorrect then. It stated that both Burris & Kincaid hit during the top of the respective innings. It stated Burris grounded out for Dobson & Kincaid struck out for Holmes.

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:45 pm

AppDawg wrote:
Blackandgold wrote:
AppDawg wrote: I think this is a mistake. 'Cello isn't a 3 inning guy this year. Also, why did we pinch hit for Dobson in the 9th with 2 on and 2 out? Dobson is 2-4 on the day with 2 HRs.
He didn't pinch hit for Dobson. He put Burris in left in the 8th inning, replacing Dobson for defensive purposes. Burris is awesome outfielder, while Dobson isn't an outfielder, they just had him there today to get his bat in the lineup. So once Dobsons spot in the order comes up, Burris is hitting.
Ok, the live stat's must have been incorrect then. It stated that both Burris & Kincaid hit during the top of the respective innings. It stated Burris grounded out for Dobson & Kincaid struck out for Holmes.
They did, but went in the bottom half of previous inning. One to run, one for D. I guess they don't update the live stats until the person comes up to the plate to bat. Dobson's home runs were missiles today. The first hit off the very top of the scoreboard.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Baseball”