Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App vs Western

TheMoody1
School: Appalachian State

Re: App vs Western

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Honestly, I didn't think they would pull it off but even better that it was a blowout. Too bad our Can't poster wont be able to come over to gloat about the board melting down. Maybe he can check theirs. :lol:

ViewCrew87

Unread post by ViewCrew87 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:37 pm

This season is now a success! Sent the kitties home. Moore was great.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Fri May 24, 2013 5:38 pm

That win kind of gets one monkey off our back. Now we get a chance to get a gorilla off our back considering the way we've handled the Citdogs this year. Come on Apps, beat the Bellhops!!

luvyosef

Unread post by luvyosef » Fri May 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Awesome performance! GO APP!
Appalachian State University (Excellence since 1899)

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri May 24, 2013 6:49 pm

What is this I hear about not shaking hands?

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Fri May 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Starting to think that Jones is going to be a good coach for us, after last week, it would have been real easy for the team to feel sorry for themselves, and pack it in for the season, but it looks like the coaching staff got them to refocus. After today's win, feel like we are playing with "house money" the rest of the tournament.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Fri May 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Gonzo wrote:What is this I hear about not shaking hands?
i'm gonna assume that the Can'ts were so butt hurt over the loss, they pouted and left like the poor sports they are

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri May 24, 2013 8:45 pm

mtnjax wrote:
Gonzo wrote:What is this I hear about not shaking hands?
i'm gonna assume that the Can'ts were so butt hurt over the loss, they pouted and left like the poor sports they are
From what I understand, that's about what happened. Anyone in Greenville care to elaborate?

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Fri May 24, 2013 9:28 pm

All the gloating those clowns were doing last weekend is looking pretty lame today.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri May 24, 2013 9:34 pm

That school is an absolute joke in every way possible. Frankly, it's embarrassing that they called us their rival for so long.

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Fri May 24, 2013 9:55 pm

2-2 against western this year. Wonder if they'll get an at large bid. Wonder if they'll still try and use the last years model red voodoo bats that have obviously been tampered with. Chester's. gah I hate western

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Fri May 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Blackandgold wrote: Wonder if they'll still try and use the last years model red voodoo bats that have obviously been tampered with. Chester's. gah I hate western
does no one check bats before games just to make sure what is being used is legal? hell, we have to have our softball bats tested and stickered once a year to even use them

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 pm

You can shave the inside of BBCOR bats to give them a trampoline effect. Replace the end cap and its undetectable unless you remove end cap and look inside. Google search it.

Idk what would motivate officials to take a peek into one of their bats. But it would ruin a $500 bat

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 pm

WCU is 57 in RPi, 7-3 in their last ten, 0-3 vs top 50, 10-11 vs. top 100.

They will likely one of the last half dozen out.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri May 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Blackandgold wrote:You can shave the inside of BBCOR bats to give them a trampoline effect. Replace the end cap and its undetectable unless you remove end cap and look inside. Google search it.

Idk what would motivate officials to take a peek into one of their bats. But it would ruin a $500 bat
I've got the perfect answer.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Fri May 24, 2013 10:54 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Blackandgold wrote:You can shave the inside of BBCOR bats to give them a trampoline effect. Replace the end cap and its undetectable unless you remove end cap and look inside. Google search it.

Couldn't agree more. Wish MLB would somehow sponsor, or wood bat companies would sponsor colleges to use wood bats. Already do in summer leagues.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat May 25, 2013 7:28 am

Blackandgold wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Wish MLB would somehow sponsor, or wood bat companies would sponsor colleges to use wood bats. Already do in summer leagues.
Yep. I know some would argue that it's too expensive. It was at one time, I'm sure, but was before bats cost what they cost nowadays.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sat May 25, 2013 8:37 am

true but they have machines that can test the trampoline effect off the bat. thats what my softball league uses. if it is under a certain number, it fails and can't be used.

simple. test the bats, if one fails it is confiscated for the tournament and the team gets it back once they are done

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Sat May 25, 2013 8:42 am

mtnjax wrote:

true but they have machines that can test the trampoline effect off the bat. thats what my softball league uses. if it is under a certain number, it fails and can't be used.

simple. test the bats, if one fails it is confiscated for the tournament and the team gets it back once they are done
They should do it. But what would keep swapping from going on in the dugout. All the bats they are using look the same.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat May 25, 2013 10:49 am

Blackandgold wrote:
mtnjax wrote:

They should do it. But what would keep swapping from going on in the dugout. All the bats they are using look the same.
Test the bats and put a tamper-proof sticker on the but of the bats that pass before the game. If it's altered at any point, or an unapproved bat is used, the game is over by forfeit. No more cheating.

But, I still like my first fix. Go with wood.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Baseball”